Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Here's a picture of the T4.

monokoleso-begode-t4-14.jpg

Adventure:

IMG_5149.jpeg.5bc37ea5aeeb8c15e47dd5a013

You may be right. The battery packs seem a bit bigger (as tall as the tire diameter), so maybe it's a 126V wheel like the V13! That would give it 2220Wh like the Patton. (I don't expect a 134V wheel from Inmotion, but if they want to surprise us, I'm not going to complain.)

I suppose it is possible that Inmotion decided to release an early Adventure model with 126 V, and no swappable packs.

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I suppose it is possible that Inmotion decided to release an early Adventure model with 126 V, and no swappable packs.

Maybe they don't want the packs to fall out when people do crazy stunts?

But you convinced me that it's likely to be a 126V wheel. Cool! Now we have a Patton/Commander Mini/Extreme competitor! (Also, what is KS doing?)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe they don't want the packs to fall out when people do crazy stunts?

But you convinced me that it's likely to be a 126V wheel. Cool! Now we have a Patton/Commander Mini/Extreme competitor! (Also, what is KS doing?)

Also, they got a new CEO since launching the roadmap of their monowheel product line.

Their roadmap may have gotten revised.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:33 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I wonder if the "agreement" includes an NDA so we won't learn anything from the testers. This might be more of a private test than I thought, as opposed to giving it to influencers who will talk about the wheel.

It kind of says

Not share any information related to the products. This includes any source of social media, personal messaging or any other form of communication.

In the minimal requirements, so, I guess, an NDA is included

• Like 1

Meh it's 35kg... And price will be right on mark 3000$ <<< Just saying. :whistling: (No comment on how i know that.)

I had to look at calendar, to see if it's not first April. Because it looks hideous. Another "shit" wheel goes in my imagination dumpster. (Shit, because it's to heavy.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think this looks pretty good. I don't find it ugly at all. But still probably not for me if it comes only with a 12" rim. 

It does look very much the same as a few other wheels, though. Inmotion has usually not copied others. But there's only a few ways to build this kind of modular wheel with same features. It's getting crowded in the 12" rim off-roader category. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

It's getting crowded in the 12" rim off-roader category. 

Most definitely. I’m sure they have had this wheel on the design table for at least a year by now, without knowing what others are cooking up. So it’s hard to call it a copy. And indeed there are only so many ways one can design  a wheel in this category.

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

But still probably not for me if it comes only with a 12" rim.  

There will be 3 different variations with 3 different rim size. 

Rims are also interchangeable.

1) Adventure P 

2) Adventure

3) Adventure Y

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Most definitely. I’m sure they have had this wheel on the design table for at least a year by now, without knowing what others are cooking up. So it’s hard to call it a copy. And indeed there are only so many ways one can design  a wheel in this category.

I disagree. Begode Hero.

The general layout of the sliders is a copy, but the actual implementation could be better, I hope.

It was a let down for me because I was hoping for something more innovative. But if Inmotion can design a suspension that works well, then it's all good.

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Begode-Hero-HT-92.j

The linkage does concern me too, it’s a bit fragile and more exposed looking than you’d find on most Begode wheels. I’m not educated enough on the mechanics to know anything about how good the geometry would feel, but it’s definitely not as sleek looking as even the Begode linkages.

I suspect the lift bar in the back is doing double duty in this design. It sticks out farther than you’d expect so I would think that both the tire and pseudo crash bar are there to protect the swingarm. It’s still a bummer as it would be ideal for the linkage to be able to take a hit too in the worst case scenario, but it may be okay in that it won’t just disintegrate in most crashes.

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It was a let down for me because I was hoping for something more innovative. But if Inmotion can design a suspension that works well, then it's all good.

Agreed on the same thing here, and to interject I do at least appreciate that the slider system isn’t as prone to gunking up as the S22 and now S19 linkages.

I suppose we’ll have to see if LK or anyone else really would come out with a wheel with hydraulic suspension and either a progressive rate (ie: built into the spring) or close to the 130~mm travel manufacturers have been recognizing. That design may end up being the holy grail, but time will tell.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Merk said:

There will be 3 different variations with 3 different rim size. 

Rims are also interchangeable.

1) Adventure P 

2) Adventure

3) Adventure Y

Hoping for this! Looking forward for the official release.
If this comes with a 14” rim version (and different battery options), it’ll be a hit. I would very likely replace my S22 with this. I could see myself enjoying this design more. Hopefully they’ve designed it to work seated as well. 

look,  putting aside all the guess work,  it will all come down to when it gets reviewed by actual owners and reviewers.  i would hope that the owner reviews will be more objective than the video reviewers.  everything else is downright speculation, jibber-jabber,... i hate it when we are within several weeks of a release, damn...(shaking head, rolling eyes...exhale...)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Merk said:

Someone posted these renders on FB as a comment. Some people are blaming Inmotion adventure for stealing design from begode extreme bit these renders are made back in 2022. 

FB_IMG_1690829329717.jpg.83de06922e693cf495492bfd04a9efc9.jpg

just as long as there's no controversy behind who invented the wheel (not euc,...),  i think we are all good... besides, realistically, im pretty sure the overall design of the extreme is not a patented design. regardless,  its a boo-hoo observation, frivolous indignation... just because it looks like it doesn't mean any thing,... im pretty sure its a result of brand-devotion... we could edit the above image and add the profile of the Patton and the S19, etc,...

2 hours ago, Flygonial said:

I suppose we’ll have to see if LK or anyone else really would come out with a wheel with hydraulic suspension and either a progressive rate (ie: built into the spring) or close to the 130~mm travel manufacturers have been recognizing.

It is somewhat surprising that no one has done this already.

The other design that is interesting to see someone try out is one that utilizes a swingarm in conjunction with a linkage.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Merk said:

I uploaded this pic on Inmotion FB group and it got deleted in a few minutes without any clarifications from Admins🥲

That’ll be them ExtremeBull scamps, it’s probably being badged and boxed up as I write…

Edited by Freeforester
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Merk said:

Someone posted these renders on FB as a comment. Some people are blaming Inmotion adventure for stealing design from begode extreme bit these renders are made back in 2022. 

FB_IMG_1690829329717.jpg.83de06922e693cf495492bfd04a9efc9.jpg

I'm not particularly concerned even if some design cues were blatantly taken from Begode's current lineup (closest at the time of 2022 being the Master, but after that wheel all Begode wheels followed the same "modular" structure allowing for faster wheel releases and iterations. When Bob said Inmotion would be trying to do something similar, this isn't what I expected :lol:. I feel that the Extreme rip-off accusations moreso represent an undercurrent of our collective surprise at the sudden change in design language relative to Inmotion's previous wheels. It would seem as though LK is the last manufacturer to not succumb to the tempation of making a wheel just be a 'box of batteries'.

The swingarm is more pleasing to look at in these renders. Given that these renders don't show the middle sliders and separation, I'm inclined to think this is an older variation however and we may be stuck with the new geometry. Were the leaked photo to be close to what we'll get, I can only hope the production version won't have those awful pointy bits on the linkage.

For all the complaints people have had about the looks I actually like the way this wheel looks. It's more of a guilty pleasure than appreciating the refined look of the V11 through 13 but I can appreciate the lines of the wheel in general.

1 minute ago, The Brahan Seer said:

These renders look very familiar eh @mrelwood ?

Interesting to see this but I do feel this image has a bit more credibility than what was shown back there. That render had obvious crappy Photoshop artifacts (for example, the wheel and tire being warped), but I won't dismiss the possibility we'll see something different.

2 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Hopefully it will look better once it has pads on it.  The front just looks awkward to me.  I'm not really a fan of the S19 either though.  I wasn't crazy about the Patton, but it grew on me.  

Yea the front 

35 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Im not really sure what more you can change,

If they were smart, they would have changed the suspension to a trailing arm style. None of the EUC's made have good suspension geometry. Every single one transmits the initial shock through the wheel before changing it's direction to absorb it.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 1