Inmotion 16" suspension

Mango

3 hours ago, JeremySPFF said:

In general I agree, however I think just because something can do it, it doesn't make it enjoyable. When I had my V11, it was significantly easier to get around on and off the sidewalk, walking into stores (which allows me to talk to more people about EUC's), getting it into my car, getting it up the stairs and such.

The Sherman-S is a joy to ride and has power to burn, but its a monster. It's not so much that its heavy, its just unwieldy.  I hate taking it in stores because its more like an ebike. I don't want to leave for lunch because it's kind of a chore, similar to a car. All the great things about EUC's have at least partly to do with how convenient they are.

well said. I feel much the same way about my Begody EX20S. That thing is such a heavy beast, and I dont even like going faster than 16 mph. I still need it because I like doing long trips on my wheel more than anything else so I really need the big battery and the range. If that wasnt the case I would probably consider selling it again.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:48 AM, The Brahan Seer said:

But we do hear all the negative and problems wheels have here on the forum. It would be nice to know exactly what  proportion of wheels sold have such problems after the first batch.

I do feel that on the forum and the message groups we follow we tend to get more of the problem reports than anything else. That is not an excuse for these manufacturers, but it would be interesting to see some real metrics on what percentage of each wheels come back with which problems instead of the mostly anecdotal evidence we get here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

it would be interesting to see some real metrics on what percentage of each wheels come back with which problems instead of the mostly anecdotal evidence we get here.

Understandably though they aren’t things that the manufacturers would like us to know. Ecodrift is the only distributor I’ve seen publishing yearly reports on the number of issues they’ve had with the wheel models they sell. I think it’s the only such data we have. But considering the differences in riding habits around the world, I don’t think even that to be conclusive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Understandably though they aren’t things that the manufacturers would like us to know. Ecodrift is the only distributor I’ve seen publishing yearly reports on the number of issues they’ve had with the wheel models they sell. I think it’s the only such data we have. But considering the differences in riding habits around the world, I don’t think even that to be conclusive.

I've looked on the ecodrift page and haven't seen where they say so. The only reference I've heard of a store is when in eevee's channel they said (I think in the Patton video) that the most reliable brand is Leaperkim although Inmotion also offers more confidence than other brands in their attention to incidents. So for me it was a disappointment that the Patton is so heavy, as I wanted something similar to the T4 but more reliable. 

Hopefully all the technology that Inmotion is introducing in the v12 and v13 will become more than just experimental innovation. Getting service if your wheel doesn't work is good, but not falling flat on your face is better. 

• Upvote 1

That was fascinating to read, thanks.

The funniest part is how naive we were only 3 years ago:

It's never going to happen... If you want to do a lot of high 20's and beyond riding, Gotway is the only game in town.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:01 AM, techyiam said:

My V12 top balances fine. 

My V12 is working very well. What bugs are you referring to?

Self acceleration is fixed? Failing on firmware update solved? Is the wheel already can be trusted?
attery cell balance.. well thats could be missunderstanding and different chinese translation, this does not count

On 3/21/2023 at 10:43 AM, Milordas said:

Self acceleration is fixed?

I have a 2nd batch V12.

I never experienced the self-acceleration issue, nor have I seen many of those complaints.

For outliers, the few that have experienced the issue would have to deal with their dealers or Inmotion.

Failing on firmware update solved?

There is a new Inmotion app now. But I haven't had the need to use it.

On the older app, it didn't give adequate feedback, so, many owners would think the update process had frozen.

But for myself, I was able to update the firmware successfully.

Is the wheel already can be trusted?

I trust my V12 a lot. I have no problem riding in traffic, or go 70 km/h on it.

How many serious complaints do you see nowadays. They sold a lot of V12's. 

Like with any new wheel, I ride with extra caution until I feel that I can trust it.

For example, on my Abrams, which is known to be a wheel that does random cutouts, over time and usage, I can almost trust it now. It has been really solid so far. I believe with the motor replacement, and the June 2021 firmware update, the cutouts have been solved. We don't see any postings of updated Abrams cutting out.

attery cell balance.

All I can say is that I have been able to resolve my battery problems with my V12, by continually leaving on the charger, after the LED has turned green, repeatedly. 

The V12 self diagnostic is very sensitive to battery problems. It complaints for the slightest thing. However, by doing the above, I always manage to resolve them so far. Even when the battery packs voltages are no longer matching, I have been able to bring them to match again. My battery packs voltages current match according to the Inmotion app. They don't always match. Over time and usage, they can deviate from each other. But when I noticed this condition, I would bring them back matching again.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Milordas said:

Self acceleration is fixed? Failing on firmware update solved? Is the wheel already can be trusted?
attery cell balance.. well thats could be missunderstanding and different chinese translation, this does not count

I have a batch 1 v12hs. I have never had an issue with this wheel. I honestly believe besides the mosfet issue (and even the mosfet issue to an extent) most were due to decently widespread production issues during and after covid. 

I did change my board to the better mosfet board, but even before I had zero issues. 

My batteries also have not gone out of balance and I put tons of miles on this wheel. No excuses for inmotion from me, the v12 launch was Def botched. but I think they sold more v12s than people think. So while we see the complaints here, I think they may be less issues than people realize. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

my only complaint about the V12 is the kickstand. It can come loose and get in your wheel well. It is just something you need to check on before each ride. Trust me. Not doing that might not end so well. 

Or right-out remove it. Glue/screw 2 small rubber furniture feet at front/back and you have even better stand.. :D 

• 1 month later...

OK I was harsh.... I ride my majestic V13 to work everyday and I friggin love it. Myewheel fixed the bolts and I have some charging problems that is now fixd. Dont buy this wheel if you want range or a fair price. If you want high speed stability its an OK wheel def. Overpriced ?? Yes. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think a 16in would be called V14.

50S cells are very expensive.

I'd like to ask you all. What kind of max speed do you prefer out of a motor? Getting both speed and torque, ends up in a lot of extra weight, so there's a balance.

What's the drawback of voltage? There doesn't seem to be any. With it you stretch out the torque distribution. 126v V12HT motor would be nice no?

Edited by alcatraz

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

126v V12HT motor would be nice no?

For me, it would work since I don't do drops, stairs, jumps etc. But for many others, the skinny solid axle, and the keyed pedal-to-axle interface just won't do.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

I have not checked the math on this but i think there is a minimum battery number you need for the wheel not to feel "flaccid". Like S18  if you push it harder on not full battery your battery "buckets" are not deep enough to provide the necessary current. I think the same would be true for small higher voltage wheels. I guess the reason why 1800wh is the lowest we see on 100v or 2220 for 126v or 2400 for 134v is that. We would have a flaccid wheel otherwise. That is the drawback of higher voltage. 

Now if you want a lighter wheel. this becomes a problem.. I need a new wheel for my gf but she does not like the V11 size.. She wants me to buy a "small wheel, not heavy, lots of power and have suspension". Welp, good luck to me finding one! 

At this point I'm hoping IM or KS makes a T4 specks wheel at 30kg and i'll try to pass that as light enough..

"skinny solid axle, and the keyed pedal-to-axle interface" - that is not an issue for people who are 50kg and not planning to send it down the stair. 

Sorry for my half asleep ramblings yall 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

For me, it would work since I don't do drops, stairs, jumps etc. But for many others, the skinny solid axle, and the keyed pedal-to-axle interface just won't do.

I'm talking about the motor and controller for a potentially new 16in wheel. Then they'll put whatever feature they want. Suspension and whatnot.

Edited by alcatraz

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Well, for a 50kg rider practically any wheel since 2018 would have a huge amount of power! There are many riders that weigh more than double.

Yea performance is quite sufficient on most wheels. I believe she does not like the V11 because she needs to push the wheel harder to get the power out just because the size of the wheel is quite a bit larger than V10f.. Small wheel is easier to get the power out. 

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Spec wise I would expect Inmotion to come up with something for your needs, but the weight of modern wheels is definitely an ongoing issue. If they make it a 80+ km/h wheel, the motor has to be made heavy. I wish they made suspension wheels that were slower (50-60km/h) so they could use a lighter motor. Or at least use the amount of copper for torque instead of speed.

I agree 100% I wish they made a smaller, lighter wheel that is not chasing the high speed. 1500WH 84V 12-3" wheel that could be capped to 45kph. If that would help to make the wheel light i would be 100% satisfied with the specs. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

I agree 100% I wish they made a smaller, lighter wheel that is not chasing the high speed. 1500WH 84V 12-3" wheel that could be capped to 45kph. If that would help to make the wheel light i would be 100% satisfied with the specs.

Isn't that a Kingsong 16x?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Inmotion 16" suspension