Inmotion 16" suspension

Mango

15 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Forgot to list a suspension as a requirement :D But yes, a 16x with suspension would be the dream. 

I own an EXN and a T4 at the moment and I had a 16x. Well, the T4 is exactly (for me) a 16x with more torque, lightly faster and  with a shock absorber. Is a very very funny wheel. Latest batches work great

• Like 2

V13 suspension is rubbish compared to Sherman S and Kingsong s22 .... Kingsong s22 is rubbish compared to Inmotion or Sherman overall quality.  Im very excited about the V14...  Maybe Sherman Patton is the better choice ?? 

4 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

V13 suspension is rubbish compared to Sherman S and Kingsong s22 .... Kingsong s22 is rubbish compared to Inmotion or Sherman overall quality.  Im very excited about the V14...  Maybe Sherman Patton is the better choice ?? 

Perhaps for your use case, but for the time that I was on it, I thought that the wheel control of the V13 felt good. The V13's suspension may not have the high end premium feel of the Sherman-S suspension, it still rode well for me. I felt that the suspension action of the S22 was excellent, at least when the sliders weren't jammed up. The Sherman-S suspension felt premium and cushy. I guess that when the suspension is dialed in, the Sherman-S should have excellent suspension action. But if it is undersprung, it may feel wallowy, since it has such low stiction.

Some may say the S22 overall quality is rubbish. I say it has a few major critical flaws when launched. But most of them have been addressed, more or less. The wheel otherwise has a solidly built feel to it. The S22 Pro should now be a competitive wheel, aside from the still exposed sliders. However, they now have rollers running on tracks.

You say you are excited about the V14, but it kind of early still, since there hasn't been much information released. It supposedly has a 16" nominal tire size, 100.8V, Samsung 50S high discharge cells, suspension, smart BMS, and an IP67 rating. It has 1776 Wh battery capacity. So it has the 4P battery configuration as do the S22 Pro and the Patton. Not sure whether they compete in the same class of wheels, though. But for me, even when deciding between the S22 Pro and the Patton, I would not automatically assume the Patton is the better wheel. The both and have their pro's and con's. To be sure, I would ride them both before deciding, if possible. 

Edited by techyiam

But why not base the new wheel on a hollow bore motor?

The HUGE bearings on Inmotion V11 are good for hollow bore - but they are very expensive.  They should be upgraded from Chinese rubbish to SKF after some time I guess.  

27 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

The HUGE bearings on Inmotion V11 are good for hollow bore - but they are very expensive.  They should be upgraded from Chinese rubbish to SKF after some time I guess.  

That size is no longer used in new designs. The wheel bearings in the S22 is more of the size they are using now.

Edited by techyiam

20 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

The HUGE bearings on Inmotion V11 are good for hollow bore - but they are very expensive.

26.58€ per bearing for consumers. I don’t think that’s “very expensive”.

https://www.kugellager-express.de/rillenkugellager-6916-61916-2rs-80x110x16-mm

20 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

They should be upgraded from Chinese rubbish to SKF after some time I guess.

No need. The original bearings are easily good for a few dozen thousand km, as long as they don’t get dirt (water) in them.

Im comparing V13 with Sherman S in a thread about V14 - so I apologize for that. However the V14 will have a new type of suspension which is very exciting. Compitition on the 16"S marked is: 

Begode
Kingsong 
Sherman 
Inmotion ......... coming late in the race, is it worth waiting for  - we dont know do we? I do know Kingsong have made to many errors and delays so I dont trust em anymore, Begode QC is a laff.  So to me the real compition is 

SHerman Versus Inmotion. 

Bloody brilliant reviews on the Sherman Patton here: Also the Kingsong 16" can go uphill it seems. THe patton is the darling of reviewers including the lassies..... I love women doing action stuff:   

This lass is bloody brilliant reviewing a Sherman named after PATTON.... (why do we need militant EUC names ??)  This lass bloody well rules: Name is Alexis Zakariene

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

Im Danish maybe I shouldnt link to anything Russian but I cant help myssef here: These cats are the best: 

How can V14 compete with so much love and attention ? Is it too bloody late? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

How can V14 compete with so much love and attention ? Is it too bloody late?

No worries.

There will be also be another new model being released this year: the Inmotion Adventure.

This wheel will be Inmotion's trail wheel. 

It should also be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

There will be also be another new model being released this year: the Inmotion Adventure.

Or will the Adventure actually be the 16” 1800Wh V14 one we’re talking about here? And a V15 will be something else entirely? We don’t know! We NEED answers!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Or will the Adventure actually be the 16” 1800Wh V14 one we’re talking about here? And a V15 will be something else entirely? We don’t know! We NEED answers!

It is unclear whether the old leak (announcement), which included the V14, got changed or completely revamped, in light of what transpired since the announcement.

With the new announcement via U-Stride and Sensai Vegan, we do know Inmotion will be releasing new models in all 4 categories of wheels. It appears that the S22 became a popular wheel for offroad / trails. And Leaper Kim decided to chase after that market with the Patton. Soon after that leak, we saw the Commander Mini came into being, followed by the Extreme. I don't envisioned Inmotion will miss the boat again, so I surmised the Adventure will have the specs to compete with this class of wheels, which is not the class the V14 falls under.

Edited by techyiam

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

I surmised the Adventure will have the specs to compete with this class of wheels, which is not the class the V14 falls under.

Why not? Because of the battery size? The competition already includes 16” and 18” wheels.

Im told V15 is a V11 upgrade (V11F?) 

Well I sold the car ..... I want all weather transportation maybe the "V11F" (=V15) will give us that? So far V13 delivers when it comes to all weather rides (In Denmark - not Finland...)  The Sherman Patton have extra waterproofing on top, V14 will probably have the same, but waterproofing will prob not save us from upgrading bearings? Its a lot of work and bloody annoying to do on the V11. I hope V14 will be better when it comes to that, lets see what happens.  

V11 bearings costs 8 times as much as the smaller Veteran Sherman bearings.... The new standard is probably the s22 size, funfact: You can place the s22 bearing inside the V11 bearing. The V11 bearings are a little oversized maybe the v15 will fix that? 

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Why not? Because of the battery size? The competition already includes 16” and 18” wheels.

I suspect people who are looking to get a wheel from the S22 Pro class would more likely consider a Patton or Extreme than a V14 or T4, and vice versa. 

I think price, torque, maximum battery voltage, battery capacity and weight would be the main differences. 

Kind of interesting to see so many PEV's attempting such a steep climb, many S22's make it up with less effort than other wheels (may be rider talent, more momentum). At 16" and high discharge cells, the "V14" should fare well I'd think, but I see a couple of Pattons (great torque from reviews) do not do as well as the S22's so I don't really get what makes a wheel good at climbs.

1 hour ago, zaft said:

Kind of interesting to see so many PEV's attempting such a steep climb, many S22's make it up with less effort than other wheels (may be rider talent, more momentum).

I didn’t see a notable difference with the amount of effort it took. I know it’s just about the wording, but it wasn’t the PEVs attempting to make the climb. It was the riders. Hence, initial speed, choices of riding lines, and skill are what decide the amount of effort it takes and the probability of success.

31 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The v13 rider...total amateur. I could have easily made that. the first v12 made it ffs.

V12 is a 16” wheel, V13 is 22”. Therefore the V13” is HUGELY more difficult on steep climbs, despite the suspension.

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

V12 is a 16” wheel, V13 is 22”. Therefore the V13” is HUGELY more difficult on steep climbs, despite the suspension.

I'm aware of that, also my ability with the v13 and i have yet to find a hill i cant climb on it. Plus there was plenty of run up room i could have been doing 25 when i hit the base of that hill...:P

4 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

Supposedly the low end torque is not good. 

The V13, like many other wheels, has a separate zero speed current limiter to protect from frying the mosfets if the tire gets stuck for example. That is a situation where the currents and mosfet stress get easily very high. On the V13 though the limiter does seem a bit excessive, and seems to be active still at very small speeds.

Inmotion could loosen up the limiter or it’s conditions with a firmware update. I hope they are let known that the current behavior is an issue to some.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Inmotion 16" suspension