Inmotion 16" suspension

Mango

IMG_4782.jpeg.9422a1ab06cb8ca2355323bbc8836be5.jpeg

Seems like a pretty direct T4 competitor. Although I don’t know why/how it’s titled to be in the Conquer series. I would’ve thought these specs to be in the Adventure series.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Seems like a pretty direct T4 competitor. Although I don’t know why/how it’s titled to be in the Conquer series. I would’ve thought these specs to be in the Adventure series.

According to @Forwardnbak,  other than what he told us, nothing else has been leaked out on the Adventure wheel.

I can only surmise that the Adventure model name, coming after the Conquer model name doesn't point to the same wheel. I don't think the Conquer wheel got renamed to Adventure. And there is no Conquer series.

The following are the model series:

(i) Courage Series: beginner wheels, or portable, last mile devices.

(ii) Adventure Series: high torque wheels for those who do dirt, jumps, drops, or urban riding and commutes.

(iii) Challenger Series: high speed wheels. For those riders who have a need for speed, and good range. Should be good for group rides. 

(iv) Explore Series: touring wheels. These are Inmotion wheels with the largest battery capacities, and tire sizes.

• Upvote 3

I have been saying forever that I would like a T4 but not made by begode. With the news from IM wheels being so slow and no news from KS at all I refused to wait even longer and placed an order for the new T4 yesterday.. Now we get information that it might have been here in 2 months time? LOL.. 

I'm not regretting ordering it tho.. IM have not been releasing good batch 1 wheels lately and T4 is on batch 5 and finally seem to be decent.. I am a bit sad to be missing out on waterproofing IM does :)

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

there is no Conquer series.

I remembered that the first group was Conquer, but it was Courage! Thank you. What’s to say that the V14-Conquer weren’t a part of the Adventure series though?

But having a wheel called Conquer in either Courage or Adventure series of wheels is a bit confusing too. Although something I can live with… :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What’s to say that the V14-Conquer weren’t a part of the Adventure series though?

Only Inmotion would know for sure.

Having said that, Inmotion said they will be coming out with four new wheels for 2023. What are the odds that they will be coming out with two new wheels that have high torque motors, and can do big drops and jumps.

• Like 1

IMG_4787.thumb.jpeg.18e89de2d13c2b88cca02f89e9aea9ff.jpeg

So this 16” wheel we’ve heard the rumors about belongs indeed in the Adventure series.

And they are working on a V11F! Not sure about which one I’m more excited about. Depends completely on the V11F suspension system and battery size.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So this 16” wheel we’ve heard the rumors about belongs indeed in the Adventure series.

But this 16" wheel @Forwardnbak is talking about is not called the Conquer, but rather, it is called the Adventure, and is in the Adventure Series. My hunch is that it is the wheel Inmotion is going to use to do battle with the Patton.

And they are working on a V11F! Not sure about which one I’m more excited about. Depends completely on the V11F suspension system and battery size.

My hunch is that this wheel will be priced lower than the Adventure, and thus will have less battery and less weight.

With so little to go on, I think we just have to wait until Inmotion provides some real specs. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But this 16" wheel @Forwardnbak is talking about is not called the Conquer, but rather, it is called the Adventure, and is in the Adventure Series.

I don’t think they’re coming out with two torquey 16” suspension wheels though. Perhaps they hadn’t locked the name in just yet.

My hunch is that it is the wheel Inmotion is going to use to do battle with the Patton.

Patton, T4, Extreme, and Commander Mini.

My hunch is that this wheel will be priced lower than the Adventure, and thus will have less battery and less weight.

I would expect them to up the battery a bit though. The Adventure should have 1800Wh, but it would make a lot of sense for the V11F as well.

With so little to go on, I think we just have to wait until Inmotion provides some real specs. 

Oh, absolutely! Too eager to just let it be though… :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Perhaps they hadn’t locked the name in just yet.

My guess is that the Conquer has been superseded by the Adventure. And the maximum battery voltage has been pushed up to 126V, or 134.4 or higher (wishful thinking).

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:
47 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I would expect them to up the battery a bit though. The Adventure should have 1800Wh, but it would make a lot of sense for the V11F as well.

I was more expecting the Adventure to have 126V or 134.4V and 4P battery configuration.

Whereas, 100V, 4P configuration for the V11F.

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

I was more expecting the Adventure to have 126V or 134.4V and 4P battery configuration.

Whereas, 100V, 4P configuration for the V11F.

That would make (or would’ve made) the V14 2200Wh and V11F 1800Wh. Makes/would’ve made sense.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:39 PM, alcatraz said:

It's going to be crazy expensive with 50S cells. Maybe they're an option and not standard.

Other than the price I really like the look of this. 

When they make a 126-134v 16in suspension below 30kg I'll bite.

I'll bite when they make 18" under 30kg. :D 

6 hours ago, Funky said:

I'll bite when they make 18" under 30kg. :D 

The S18 is 24kg. Amazing. I'm super tempted actually, to get one with high current cells, if it 1. were cheaper and 2. if I didn't love 16in wheels.

Edit: There's another potential problem. For a lighter wheel like the S18, how is someone supposed to carry it in one hand? I don't suppose the trolley handle is good for carrying the entire weight (up/down stairs etc).

Edited by alcatraz

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

I don't suppose the trolley handle is good for carrying the entire weight (up/down stairs etc

The S18 actually has a locking handle position only slightly extended from the wheel that is perfect for carrying with one hand, it's one of the things I miss most about it. Maybe if you're on the smaller side it wouldn't be easy but was very doable for me and I'm far from a weightlifter.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, alcatraz said:

The S18 is 24kg. Amazing. I'm super tempted actually, to get one with high current cells, if it 1. were cheaper and 2. if I didn't love 16in wheels.

Edit: There's another potential problem. For a lighter wheel like the S18, how is someone supposed to carry it in one hand? I don't suppose the trolley handle is good for carrying the entire weight (up/down stairs etc).

Yeah S18 + my weight = NOT good.

And new S19 is a pass for me - because it doesn't have a "great" carrying handle.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, chanman said:

The S18 actually has a locking handle position only slightly extended from the wheel that is perfect for carrying with one hand, it's one of the things I miss most about it. Maybe if you're on the smaller side it wouldn't be easy but was very doable for me and I'm far from a weightlifter.

Do you mean the handle can handle the entire wheel weight? Trolley handles rarely do.

11 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Do you mean the handle can handle the entire wheel weight? Trolley handles rarely do.

They do on 16S, 16X, 18(X)L, and S18.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Over time the handles start to crack. Not on those kingsong wheels huh?

Well… umm… I never had an issue with my early 16S although some people ate those handles for breakfast. They did change the construction to metal later on, so I’m sure there were a lot of busted handles and trolley mechanisms.

6 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Thanks. I could on some other wheels too but it doesn't feel super reliable. Over time the handles start to crack. Not on those kingsong wheels huh?

I used and abused my 16x quite a bit. The handle held up fine. So did pretty much everything else on that wheel!

• Like 1

+1 for the 16x here too. I've had some shitty offs and a couple of times watched my wheel tumble down a hill :(. Nearly 2000km since Jan (I know it's not much compared to other riders). I did have to replace the fuses which blew - I'm guessing that I'm lucky that it had fuses :(. I'm also impressed with it's torque - I live in a hilly area. I'm always lifting the wheel up by it's handle.

Edited by Uras

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Inmotion 16" suspension