Pushing 60 and against my families wishes - I just ordered my first EUC!

Grandpa_Jay

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

And according to your profile, you are riding an RS-19, with a V12, and a Sherman S on their way. Is that right?

Wow, you don't waste any time building your collection. 🙂

Yes, I learned on the RS, probably not the easiest wheel to learn on, but it is still a good wheel 2 years later.  Once the Sherman-S arrives it will be my main wheel with more range and the comfort of suspension.  The V12HT will be my smaller wheel to handle some fun riding where I don't want a 97lb wheel.  I'm currently riding a bit more and getting more and more comfortable on my RS, in preparation for the transition to the Sherman-S.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Yes, I learned on the RS, probably not the easiest wheel to learn on, but it is still a good wheel 2 years later.  Once the Sherman-S arrives it will be my main wheel with more range and the comfort of suspension.  The V12HT will be my smaller wheel to handle some fun riding where I don't want a 97lb wheel.  I'm currently riding a bit more and getting more and more comfortable on my RS, in preparation for the transition to the Sherman-S.

Oh, I am sorry. I misread. This is not your first day. You already know how to ride. This makes more sense. 🙂

I am currently transitioning from a V12 to an Abrams. It is turning out a lot easier than I had anticipated. 

Firefighters wear thick clothing to protect against radiant heat......has no airflow for cooling.

The body's usual method of cooling.....heated blood to skin, cooled with airflow..... superseded by ice vest.

If cost of radiant heat is greater than benefit of airflow......protect against radiant heat.  

On 12/7/2022 at 7:59 AM, Grandpa_Jay said:

At home, I don't have enough paved (asphalt) area before it turns to dirt.

Just emphasizing again, there is really nothing wrong to learn on a dirt road. If the road is reasonably firm and level it is even easier to learn on. If there is this choice, I always choose dirt over asphalt for teaching people. EDIT: I feel kinda sad to see forum member discouraging you to take the easiest path to succeed.

Don't hesitate to post a picture. Picking the right place isn't an obvious choice but it can make a huge difference in how quickly one will progress.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

Unexpected EUC Crash- The Good and Bad

1.46K subscribers

Aug 9, 2021

1.46K subscribers

Description:

Adam U: Electric Unicycle (EUCs) and PEV Videos | Senior Physician Anesthesiologist | All Things Tech Life as both a physician and avid electric unicycle rider

There is always the unexpected crash when we think it would be just another ride.

My crash could have been really bad had I not been well prepared.

The YouTuber, Adam U, states he is a Senior Physician Anesthesiologist, in the channel 'about/description' tab.

What does the anesthesiologist do?

Monitor and control the patient's vital life functions, including heart rate and rhythm, breathing, blood pressure, body temperature and body fluid balance. Control the patient's pain and level of consciousness to make conditions ideal for a safe and successful surgery.

His descriptions in the video, of possible injuries arising from a fall, would probably be credible, not scaremongering.

12 hours ago, Grandpa_Jay said:

A NEW QUESTION -  How in the world do you wear all of the armor when it is hot!! I am already over heating in short sessions in DECEMBER! If I get to hot, I get sick and must shop whatever it is - I just cannot see being outside in the New Mexico sun with all of that armor on. ???  

Good Night All 

Don't wear any? Same time go very slow?

I only got a helmet, wrist/knee guards - when i started to go faster.. While i learned, i didn't have any gear. :D (Then again we both have age gap.)

Summer/Winter i use the same gear... Only difference in winter i wear sweater+warm jacket, some times 2x layered pants. But in summer simple T-shirt and jeans.

Then again i don't see point of having full body armor going 20-35km/h speeds.. Slower rides ~20km/h - i only use wrist guards.  But that's me.. (At your age i recommend having gear/going slower..)

• Like 2

Luckily everyone can choose their driving speed freely.

That doctor is just bad example in many ways. He drove too fast beyond his own skills or what the wheel is cabable of chewing. You can see from his pose that he is not confortable what he is doing at that point.

Just relax, drive slowly on purpose and enjoy life.

• Like 2

How Thais' ride. 

Leisurely speed, single file, no racing, no high speed, little or no gear, not amongst cars, plenty of space as buffer, relaxed...

Group ride at night when cool.

EUC ThailanD Group Ride 1-SEP-2020

1.07K subscribers

Sep 2, 2020

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Ride a Begode. 

(Just joking, most of my wheels are Begode actually)

Owning begody - your life is always spicy. Because any moment something can go hella wrong. :D

Riding doesn't give me much of a happiness also.. Life sucks ass.

14 minutes ago, Paul A said:

How Thais' ride. 

Leisurely speed, single file, no racing, no high speed, little or no gear, not amongst cars, plenty of space as buffer, relaxed...

1.07K subscribers

Sep 2, 2020

That's even to slow for me.. And i'm saying that as sidewalk "crawler".

How fast are they going ~10-15km/h? Doesn't look like anything over 20km/h - i mostly like that speed, when i have only wrist guards. So even for me it looks slower.

Did you notice how no-one had those big heavy "turd-wheels"? Fake video - not real life...! :D Then again 2020 was better year, for better wheels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

How Thais' ride. 

1.07K subscribers

Sep 2, 2020

'A moderate amount of fun will be sustained' :)  Would have liked to have seen 1 nutter, coming in hot from the back, weaving in and out of them at mega speed.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

As if that privilege was reserved exclusively for them ;)

When 900Wh packs where made - it was. :D Now in most cases all eucs have equal level. Still i would not buy them.. Because sucky build quality.