134V RS: 70mph 25kg!

1 minute ago, Planemo said:

I'm sure Afeez will likely read this thread and he may want to answer himself.

@Afeez Kay

Come to think of it, if this 134V RS is in production, who would want to buy a V12, should the price be similar? Other than the controller board and redoing the 96 cell battery packs, are there any other costly differences between it and the regular RS?

• Upvote 1

Honestly I'd probably buy the Extreme Bull version of the RS with 134V with a C38 motor and a 1420wh high discharge pack. Would be awesome around town! I just don't see the range being what I'd want with 134v on a C30 motor and 1420wh given the insane speed those are capable of. If I get bored of my Master with the C38 motor maybe I'll upgrade to a HS (it's already insanely high speed) on one of those. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I imagine the only reason the EX20S isn't 134V already is that Begode didn't want to put all their eggs in one untried-board basket. With the Master being good, that's no longer a concern.

The only reason for a 100V EX20S to exist now is so they could charge even more money for the 134V;)

I think the 134V EX20S is only a matter of time. All 8P Begode EUC can be easily converted to 6P 134V using the same number of cells, just arranged differently. Also for same reason all 4P Begode wheels can be converted to 3P 134V, however those will need to use high-power cells and lose 20% range.

I don't see an easy way for the EXN (6P) to be converted to 134V however, it either has to be even more unbalanced and drop capacity to 2400Wh or use extra space to add additonal 16 cells with a weird battery configuration (unlikely).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Adel said:

I think the 134V EX20S is only a matter of time. All 8P Begode EUC can be easily converted to 6P 134V using the same number of cells, just arranged differently.

It looks like the Master has a strange battery configuration where each pack is 33.6V (8s4p) and a small board on top connects all of them in series. See here:

I think the likeliest option for a 134V EX20S is thus four 33.6V 8s6p packs that get connected in series like on the Master. Seems pretty straightforward, but the strange Master config made me second guess the possibility of a 134V EX20S.

We'll see what happens. It would be a huge missed opportunity to stay at 100V for no good reason.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

On 4/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Speak for yourself :P

The 134V controller opens the the door to the next generation of performance, and I want to have it in the "small" ~50lb wheels just like the "big" 80lb+ wheels.

134V C38 1420wh would be an amazingly fun MTB & skatepark wheel. 
The new 24-FET controller looks >250A output capable, and higher voltage ensures strong performance thru 40mph. Heavy offroad riders will appreciate it. 
Price it ~$2000 so we can afford to take risks with them. 

134V C30 1420wh... for sprint racing perhaps? A new genre.

The 100V RS was 96 cells, 24s4p 21700.
This 134V RS looks like 96 cells, 32s3p 21700. Can't use the 5,000mAh cells anymore, since there are fewer parallels. And the left & right packs are no longer identical, but ok.

The construction of the 134V RS looked equally "finished" as a standard RS, and since all the plastics are tooled up already, it's straightforward for Gotway to produce it in volume. Build it!

I'm guessing this MSK has the packs serialed. Two times 16s3p.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it seems like there's currently no plans to mass produce this wheel, it was just a test of the 134v system. Which seems to align with the initial post. There are also currently no plans for a 134v EX20S, or a C30 Master :(Source: Lukas from Begode 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Haha. Did you expect a different answer? They never hint on new wheels because they want people to spend their money now. Even if they plan to announce it tomorrow, they will deny it today.

Good point! They can change their mind if people complain, and they might say whatever anyways. Hope restored;)

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, Nick McCutcheon said:

Now knowing Begode is already sticking Master parts in other wheels, I am crossing my fingers for a 134v EX20S... I'm sure it probably will not happen but that is the god wheel in my eyes. 

Its already available sir, just not advertised cause no mass production. Ask your dealer, not to begode directly, they never disclose anything interesting on social medias to random messages. But master with more battery capacity is also on its way. No release date on this one

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Its already available sir, just not advertised cause no mass production. Ask your dealer, not to begode directly, they never disclose anything interesting on social medias to random messages. But master with more battery capacity is also on its way. No release date on this one

Perhaps we are watching a cat-and-mouse-game being played out. Inmotion wants a big splash when they launch the V13 flagship, and Begode doesn't want to lose its performance crown even for one generation. 

3 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

But master with more battery capacity is also on its way.

Damn!:dribble:

Though I really want to know what the difference between a bigger capacity Master (134V and 3600Wh presumably) and a 134V EX20S (134V and 3600Wh) is now.