134V RS: 70mph 25kg!

70 mph top speed, but no suspension. Ask Chooch what he thinks of this idea for off-road. It weighs less than 55 lbs. So, battery capacity would be rather limited, considering how much battery energy would be consumed while cruising at 65+ mph. So mostly likely, this wheel will only allows riders to get a taste of this insane top speed. 

I think it is a good idea that Begode came up with this prototype to guage interest in 70 mph wheels. 

Also, I hope that anyone attempting the 70 mph is extremely well geared (airbag suit?) and insured to the hilt. Plus it would be a pretty good idea to be on super smooth road surface with no traffic.

Will the Inmotion V13 be delayed yet again, or will they have to concede that they won't be producing the fastest euc on the planet.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

I'd love if they'd mass produce a HT version that can do 45mph comfortably.

But how often will you be encountering roads that are smooth enough so that you can do 45 mph comfortably on a non-suspension wheel? Don't forget debris can come and go too.

Or would you rather go with the Master, but with more battery. The Master doesn't seem to need more torque as is, according to some videos.

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But how often will you be encountering roads that are smooth enough so that you can do 45 mph comfortably on a non-suspension wheel?

On my monster pro, I don't think road conditions are limiting me nearly as much as braking ability is. Just gotta look ahead and look for the worst hazards.

25 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Or would you rather go with the Master, but with more battery.

I mean yeah maybe. A major downside of suspensions is the higher center of gravity that is necessary; it kills the cornering experience.

I don't know if the next wave of suspensions will have improved enough to make the pros outweigh the cons. I do know that my legs work well enough as suspension substitutes for now, so I'd prefer to keep things simple till we know what we're dealing with.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Such emergencies are:

wide roads that merge and you're on the left.

there's no shoulder to ride on, or there's gravel all over the right side lane. No choice but to go around on the fast lane.

idiot cars blocking the right side lane. Such cars you want to have a big distance to when overtaking so if I can pass 2 lanes away, I'd do it.

when you have a bus behind you that wants to go into a bus stop ahead and you feel like it's about to try and overtake you to save 5 seconds.

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

@alcatraz It sounds like you would like to be able to maneuver or accelerate like a motorcycle when you are in a desperate situation in traffic with motor vehicles all around you. Interesting application. 

Yep. Pretty much. 

Here in China there's no lack of traffic. You can't slow down to a near stop for every single thing or you'd never get anywhere. You just distance yourself from whatever is misbehaving. That means going into the high speed lane a lot and looking behind you a lot.

However I'd never want to try and maintain 50mph on a non-suspension wheel. It just takes one overlooked (tiny) obstacle to startle you and send you to the ground. The brain gets comfortable and alertness goes down. 

For those alert moments though, very good.

I'd call the MsuperK more of a city commuter. The Master is for all-round riding. Fast exploring, offroading etc. 

I do a lot of city commuting so I could see myself choosing an MSK over the Master. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

However I'd never want to try and maintain 50mph on a non-suspension wheel. It just takes one overlooked (tiny) obstacle to startle you and send you to the ground. The brain gets comfortable and alertness goes down. 

For those alert moments though, very good.

I'd call the MsuperK more of a city commuter. The Master is for all-round riding. Fast exploring, offroading etc. 

9 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I do a lot of city commuting so I could see myself choosing an MSK over the Master.

Are the roads in China that smooth and well maintained? How fast are you riding?

2 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

I'd love if they'd mass produce a HT version that can do 45mph comfortably.

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:
2 hours ago, techyiam said:

But how often will you be encountering roads that are smooth enough so that you can do 45 mph comfortably on a non-suspension wheel?

On my monster pro, I don't think road conditions are limiting me nearly as much as braking ability is. Just gotta look ahead and look for the worst hazards.

I thought you were still referring to the HT version of the wheel of topic in this thread, which is basically a 134V system in a RS19 shell.

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

I mean yeah maybe. A major downside of suspensions is the higher center of gravity that is necessary; it kills the cornering experience.

I don't know if the next wave of suspensions will have improved enough to make the pros outweigh the cons. I do know that my legs work well enough as suspension substitutes for now, so I'd prefer to keep things simple till we know what we're dealing with.

I have never ridden a Monster Pro. Thank you for your perspective. 

Edited by techyiam

14 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Are the roads in China that smooth and well maintained? How fast are you riding?

Currently I have tiltback set at 40km/h on my wheels.

I've become used to tilt back.

Ideally I guess I'd like to have a very loud siren alarm sound over 40km/h and then set the tiltback at 100km/h or some crazy number. That way I can accelerate if I need to but I'd try to avoid it long term.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Looks like the link is private unfortunately. Is a reupload possible? What was it, an RS with Master internals essentially? 

I don't see the video anymore either.  It was basically an RS chassis with Master guts glued into place, without any speakers.  I'm assuming it was the HS motor.

• Like 2

Afeez at erides has posted that he has what I presume is being talked about above. He quotes 83mph freespin.

Not my cup of tea and not where I want to see EUC's go, but it's not anything I can hold back, no more than King Canute could hold back the sea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Robse said:

"nå" (so be it)....  This is a private video, please log in....    why do i have to log in to youtube to watch this video?  Is it that dangerous?

Kevin, EUC UPGRADES, posted a video on this special RS19 with the 134V system earlier. The video is gone now. What we can see in the video that stood out was the Master controller board in there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Robse said:

"nå" (so be it)....  This is a private video, please log in....    why do i have to log in to youtube to watch this video?  Is it that dangerous?

It's private for me now.  Looks like it's been hidden by EUC Upgrades.

Honestly is probably private because it is not worth talking about in the first place. It looked like a test model, and a pretty decent step back in safety and quality from begodes latest models. 

EUC Scene seems to have a bit of ADD these days.  Not sure why because the models out now and in the very near future are pretty exciting. Wish they would concentrate on content around the master and current models vs showing off that they test newer ideas not for public consumption yet. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

And thats about the jist of it really. Nothing particularly astounding about shoving a Master board and shoe-horning enough cells to make 134v into an RS shell. It's not like the motor is drastically different so the conversion as a whole isn't particularly technical.

Afeez himself has previously said that he's not a speed merchant, I think this was simply an exercise in doing something 'different' and for a 'wow' factor. I'm sure Afeez will likely read this thread and he may want to answer himself.

I'm not surprised the speed merchants have been losing their minds over it though. How long the pack would actually last at anything over 45mph is anyones guess, it's not like the RS19HS gets many miles at that as it is, and potentially this 'GW Mental Edition' would have lost capacity over an RS to start with simply due to sacrificing Mah to increase voltage.