134V RS: 70mph 25kg!

Grimm10

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't think how fast they got on overheat hill depended on the wheel. Marty just rode faster.

And when the Eevee's technician tried to see how long it took to overheat the Hero, he gave up trying after a while because the heat sink was so effective.

2 hours ago, chanman said:

Haha my bad, lighter than the Lukas the Eevees dude who is a big guy and was riding the S20 I suppose I should specify.

haha all good. I'm just playing ;)

• Like 1

its weird that theyre using 10amp 21700 cells with only 3000mah in a 3p configuration, 2 packs connected in series

be nice if that 116v pack was  2-14s4p packs in series so you got a little more speed and range from the c38

On 5/7/2022 at 2:39 AM, BleepBloopBlop said:

Looks like they have the BMS already designed to switch the RS over to 134V 32S3P.

https://ecodrift.ru/2022/05/06/begode-new-rs-116v/

This odd LiFePo RS Resolute is indeed remarkably similar to the RS134 configuration. I wonder if they're just trying to find a use for all the parts they made.

I hope it will be a production wheel and not a one-off.

It's a suicide wheel in the hands of daredevils, but for people like me that are afraid to cutout at unforseen situations it's got the greatest margin of safety among all wheels out there. (minus suspension, but there's no other way to avoid lugging around 35-40kg in the city).

It also looks more mall-friendly than the Master. I don't want to be denied entry.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, goatman said:

its weird that theyre using 10amp 21700 cells with only 3000mah in a 3p configuration, 2 packs connected in series

be nice if that 116v pack was  2-14s4p packs in series so you got a little more speed and range from the c38

I also found the performance of these cells, and the overall configuration pretty underwhelming.

Monokoleso-Begode-New-RS-HT-47.jpg

Max continuous discharge rate 3C is 9A. In 3p, we're at 27A max continuous.

Pulse discharge rate 5C is 15A, nothing special. In 3p, it's only 45A.

The typical operating voltage will be around 102V so that's still a bump up in voltage compared to a 100.8V max RS, but on paper at least not promising much more performance in terms of climbing or acceleration, despite the loss in capacity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I was expecting something closer to the high drain cells on maximum current but this is pretty far off. I guess you get the fire safety but not the performance wheel I was expecting.

• Like 1

The "RS Resolute" mentioned is not the Msuper RS 134V. They just have similarities.

The RS134 has normal high density Li-Ion 4.2v cells and thus requires very special high current cells. 3P in a performance wheel would not work with high capacity cells that you find in most other wheels.

PS. There are 21700 cells out there that have high capacity 5000mAh AND high current 30A continuous. They're just very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 5:59 AM, Denny Paul said:

I don't know if the next wave of suspensions will have improved enough to make the pros outweigh the cons. I do know that my legs work well enough as suspension substitutes for now, so I'd prefer to keep things simple till we know what we're dealing with.

I haven't tried suspension yet but I've heard this opinion from people trying some of those wheels before. That's why I was surprised hearing Adam from Wrongway express that he would have a hard time now going back to non suspension wheels after putting some time into the Master. 

35 minutes ago, Heymelon said:

I haven't tried suspension yet but I've heard this opinion from people trying some of those wheels before. That's why I was surprised hearing Adam from Wrongway express that he would have a hard time now going back to non suspension wheels after putting some time into the Master. 

Of course suspension would feel better, than non suspension one. There are no contest which would feel better. All that road buzz and most small road cracks disappear.

Same time some people still choose non suspension wheels - just because of simplicity. 1 more less moving part, that can break over time.

For mine weight, suspension would break pretty fast (Ok not break, but wear out..) That's why i don't even plan buying a wheel with suspension. Also there aren't any "real" good suspension wheel yet made. More or less they still fail at making "good" suspension. Take look at S22 open frame suspension, on some plastic sliders.. Makes me laugh - so bad. Sand being natural sandpaper, will ruin that wheel..

I'm talking about years of ownership.. We want reliable wheels. Not some kind crap that will break in 1 year or so.

Edited by Funky

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

Same time some people still choose non suspension wheels - just because of simplicity. 1 more less moving part, that can break over time.

You do realized for non-suspension wheels, the only moving parts that wear are the wheel bearings. It doesn't get simpler than that.

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You do realized for non-suspension wheels, the only moving parts that wear are the wheel bearings. It doesn't get simpler than that.

Yup, i said 1 less.. Suspension would mean two parts or more. The sliders, screws, etc.. Everything that moves in suspension. Enjoy problematic free euc for months vs years. I choose years.

Also tire, batteries, plastics - drooping/cracking. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Yup, i said 1 less.. Suspension would mean two parts or more. The sliders, screws, etc.. Everything that moves in suspension. Enjoy problematic free euc for months vs years. I choose years.

Also tire, batteries, plastics - drooping/cracking. :D 

Funny guy.

You may be a little bit stringy in the maintenance department. Nothing wrong. Just a fact.

I am already quite grateful that euc's are so low maintenance as is.

I don't expect the suspension on the Master to be high maintenance, once sorted out initially.

I'm too drooling over the suspension. I'll probably have one later.

I'm not crazy about the size or weight though.

I'm more excited about the RS134 to be honest. A wheel that (in an emergency) can do 80km/h without even breaking a sweat, and that looks nice when trolleying, relatively compact, and is around 25kg when you need to lug it around the stairs/car trunks/public transport.

I like the idea of a wheel without a speed limit. I'm not a speed demon but IF I need to keep up to stay safe (many situations) I hate to have tilt-back at a low speed set. I've been considering turning off tilt-back and just use an audible alarm over 40km/h. But then I'm scared I'll cut-out if it's an MSX/MSP and maybe even an RS. With an RS134 there's literally no way I'm going to keep accelerating past 100km/h. 

I know it sounds crazy but I'm very nervous about turning off tilt-back and relying on audible alarms I might not hear. It doesn't seem like a good long term solution. I want massive power headroom = RS134.

11 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I want massive power headroom = RS134.

If you can't wait, there is always the Master, albeit the compromise for you. Sure, there is more weight, but in return you get a very compliant suspension for road use. With the suspension, you can use more tire pressure too. 

Edited by techyiam

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If you can't wait, there is always the Master, albeit the compromise for you. Sure, there is more weight, but in return you get a very compliant suspension for road use. With the suspension, you can use more tire pressure too. 

Yep yep. The solution is simply to have many wheels.

Master + RS + Tesla?

It's going to take a while before the Master is proven and comes down in price 2nd hand (where I get everything) so I'll probably settle for a high speed RS and a Tesla.

The RS spins out at 97km/h so that's a pretty huge headroom for someone like me that's used to 40km/h. :D

May I ask? Can you meet all your needs with just one wheel? Which would it be?

I'm actually mostly excited about this new 134V system. What new wheels will now be 134V?

16inch suspension?

134v tesla?

Suspension is very exciting but there will be no end of new gen solutions that as we hear so often on youtube "This new suspension smokes last year's suspension. You know the same one we said back then was the best ever."