134V RS: 70mph 25kg!

21 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I think I would be more excited about a 134v exn than 134v RS.

I'm a little concerned about the voltage sag on a 4p 134v system.  I think a C38 134v exn will be the absolute ticket.  

Absolutely, but it would have to be c30 or there’s no point as it would most likely max out at the current top speed of a high speed version. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Murdomeek said:

1800wh 134v c38 seems likely.

If this wheel ever exists (somehow I doubt it), it must be a 3p battery (3*32 =96 cells) because more cells won't fit in the existing shell. (The RS has a 4*24=96 cell 100V 1800Wh battery.)

And for 3p, you'll want high discharge cells. That would come out to 1420Wh (Samsung 40T) or 1500Wh (Molicel P42a), as two examples. 1800Wh (implying typical cells like Samsung 50T) would have the S18-problem: probably too easy to overpower, not suited for a performance wheel like this.

Maybe they can make it a cheaper (a bit, due to the smaller battery), more entry level model. That would work great, as it would still have top performance but not be crazy expensive.

• Like 2

Now this... This right here somewhat is catching my eye.  Doh 70mph is way to fast, but great to have for "safety margin". Don't plan on riding faster than 30mph ever. :D 

Battery could have been even smaller. :D (Yeah.. Yeah.. Cry me a river.) Doh 25kg wheel is what i want. Or lighter. :D 

But honestly, knowing gotway and their built quality. I can bet there won't be "real" smart BMS. And somewhat weak water resistance. Silicone should fix the water issue.. But working on a brand new wheel, right out of box feels kinda dumb... Also whole inside are so "messy" - wires go all over the place.

I'm guessing the motherboard is on it's side? Because of old shell? - Not so great..

Edited by Funky

This is the first wheel that has me interested in new releases since the RS19 HS... However I somehow doubt this wheel would ever be made by Gotway officially but let's just entertain the possibility. 

If Gotway ever did make a 134v RS I think they should fit in extra cells like modders do when making Msuper/RS's with extended battery capacity as we've seen a few times in this community. That way we could get at least 1800wh like on the original RS19, which even for a 100v wheel is spent relatively quickly for my liking, but that also has to do with the speeds I travel at. Bonus points if they don't use flammable lithium-ion and transition to either LiFePo4 or Semi solid-state batteries however I'm not exactly sure how much output those types of batteries have relative to the default 21700 or 18650 cells in use in EUCs.

That little bluetooth speaker is barely even audible with the R19 at 40km/h (with a helmet on) so I don't mind losing that, and carrying my own bigger JBL speaker. 

From anything that has released since the original RS19 HS, this is the only thing that I'd spend my own money on.

1793836451__2020_10_15_15_33_IMG_6755.jpg.81d96799bb387f8b41900580c853b248.jpg.8036c7d699483bff25e3654738b2c98e.jpg976736940__2020_10_15_17_48_IMG_6761.jpg.1ebe515ea057e90bf32facc78c8eca56.jpg.4b68012ffee1e584c411e3b4e1003918.jpg

picture credit: 

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

This is the first wheel that has me interested in new releases since the RS19 HS... However I somehow doubt this wheel would ever be made by Gotway officially but let's just entertain the possibility. 

If Gotway ever did make a 134v RS I think they should fit in extra cells like modders do when making Msuper/RS's with extended battery capacity as we've seen a few times in this community. That way we could get at least 1800wh like on the original RS19, which even for a 100v wheel is spent relatively quickly for my liking, but that also has to do with the speeds I travel at. Bonus points if they don't use flammable lithium-ion and transition to either LiFePo4 or Semi solid-state batteries however I'm not exactly sure how much output those types of batteries have relative to the default 21700 or 18650 cells in use in EUCs.

That little bluetooth speaker is barely even audible with the R19 at 40km/h (with a helmet on) so I don't mind losing that, and carrying my own bigger JBL speaker. 

From anything that has released since the original RS19 HS, this is the only thing that I'd spend my own money on.

1793836451__2020_10_15_15_33_IMG_6755.jpg.81d96799bb387f8b41900580c853b248.jpg.8036c7d699483bff25e3654738b2c98e.jpg976736940__2020_10_15_17_48_IMG_6761.jpg.1ebe515ea057e90bf32facc78c8eca56.jpg.4b68012ffee1e584c411e3b4e1003918.jpg

picture credit: 

And with extra cells - comes extra weight... Duck that. (Also extra $$$)

Go buy any other wheel, if you want more cells. :D You got many options from heavy weight wheels...

Only thing that interest my in this wheel is the 25kg weight. It's one of the lightest wheels which have also great speed. And 18x3" tire. For riders that doesn't need range, it would be great!

Edited by Funky

16 hours ago, Funky said:

And with extra cells - comes extra weight... Duck that. (Also extra $$$)

Go buy any other wheel, if you want more cells. :D You got many options from heavy weight wheels...

Only thing that interest my in this wheel is the 25kg weight. It's one of the lightest wheels which have also great speed. And 18x3" tire. For riders that doesn't need range, it would be great!

Sure some extra weight but nothing to get it anywhere close to modern standards of weight for high performance EUCs.

The reason this proposal of mine makes a lot of sense to me is because I love the Msuper/RS platform and personally find it to be the best for myself. I love the body shape, trolley handle etc. all things that none of the newer models have implemented to my liking. So I would much rather have a 28kg-35kg 134v RS (my current RS is 28kg) with 1800wh-2600wh capacity than anything else currently on the market. 

I love what the RS can do at 28kg and honestly I don't want to exceed that weight by much, but for a 134v, 80km/h+ wheel I'd say a few extra kilos would be worth it to me. But I totally understand your point as well, as that kind of performance to weight ratio is incredible especially for people like Fantomas

edit: I also love the front and rear lights on the RS for being a lot more visible in traffic than any other model

Edited by xiiijojjo

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Huh. I think you are the only person in the world that likes the MSuper/MSX/MSP/RS trolley handle. :lol:

I like the shell.                       The same way i like turtles.

Which i don't care. :D I like working wheels. And higher quality standards.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Huh. I think you are the only person in the world that likes the MSuper/MSX/MSP/RS trolley handle. :lol:

C'mon - i like it too - when it's down in place.  And i like the shell,  it looks so ehh..   there is something really mean about it - don't know how to put it in words, but something like "Hey you puny pedestrian, watch out!, i am a rolling black crooked myopic business-suitcase knight, and i brake for nobody, not even the rider.:P

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I think you are the only person in the world that likes the MSuper/MSX/MSP/RS trolley handle. 

I liked the position of it, at the back of the machine. A bit awkward to get the hang of initially, but after years I could dance round the supermarket with it in a flurry of balletic moves and spins :) It only fell off twice.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I liked the position of it, at the back of the machine. A bit awkward to get the hang of initially, but after years I could dance round the supermarket with it in a flurry of balletic moves and spins :) It only fell off twice.

i agree, sometimes i can't trolley my wheel on my side, having the trolley on the back make it easy to trolley the wheel in front of you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...