Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

19 hours ago, Wgm said:

Can confirm cold weather removes beep and display on V 1.5 board.   Thought it was bricked when I tried to turn it one.  But it balanced.   Cool
It was 55 degrees F.

Wait, you confirm that cold temperatures make the beeper - the only safety mechanism on this wheel - inoperative?

That sounds like a massive safety issue.
Where @EUCzero or I live, 55℉ - 12 ℃ or below is half the year.

Edited by supercurio
  • Sad 1

Not sure about the beeper, need to test that. But I think it is the whole bucket converter not working when cold, so I guess beeper is also affected.
Will test tomorrow.

Anyway. Some write about putting foam somewhere to dampen the "clonk" when the suspension top out. Not sure where to put this. Any description? Photos? Video?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Does anyone else know if the Kuba modified suspension links increase suspension travel?

Wait I think the answer to this might be no.  The travel is probably determined by the length and end-points of the sliders, not the shape of the suspension arms.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wstuart said:

Does anyone else know if the Kuba modified suspension links increase suspension travel?

It does not. Same travel of 80mm. But it uses the whole travel of the suspension (cylinder) so it becomes more progressive. That is harder when you get closer to bottom out, therefor not bottoming out as easily. 

Edited by EUCzero
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

It does not. Same travel of 80mm. But it uses the whole travel of the suspension (cylinder) so it becomes more progressive. That is harder when you get closer to bottom out, therefor not bottoming out as easily. 

Plus if you mount a branded shock you can install volume dampers to make it more progressive if needed.

Raptor...

Can you explain more on this: In order for the end of the damping stroke to be smooth, it is possible to glue a 40mm high EVA foam pyramid to the trapezoid of the sliders (like the impact bushing of cars!).

Not sure where you are putting this foam. Understand the function ;), but not the physical position ;)

6 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Plus if you mount a branded shock you can install volume dampers to make it more progressive if needed.

No-one seems to be happy with any of them without also changing the geometry as well. Or do you know any good without also buying new links?
I tested the S18 and S22 more today. Both so much better suspension than my Master. But I am starting to see potential. Good thing I like to mod stuff.

2 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

No-one seems to be happy with any of them without also changing the geometry as well. Or do you know any good without also buying new links?
I tested the S18 and S22 more today. Both so much better suspension than my Master. But I am starting to see potential. Good thing I like to mod stuff.

Yeah im seriously considering canceling my pre order.  I'm trying to find a dedicated offroad suspension wheel.  The bad reviews of the Master suspension  for offroad and for heavy riders (like me) is giving me second thoughts. 

I already have a Kuba suspension system and a rockshox RC3 monarch shock (with the extra resevoir).  I guess ill give it a try and see if I can make it work.   I know I'll have the best setup possible, so if it doesn't work, I'll sell the wheel. 

28 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

No I mean in combination with Kuba link, but no way around it no matter how much you mod it it's not gonna be near as good as s22 simply because of almost half travel.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Raptor...

Can you explain more on this: In order for the end of the damping stroke to be smooth, it is possible to glue a 40mm high EVA foam pyramid to the trapezoid of the sliders (like the impact bushing of cars!).

Not sure where you are putting this foam. Understand the function ;), but not the physical position ;)

Same spot as here. I put a rectangular pile of foam, but a pyramid would in theory be more progressive:

I have a chance of a batch 2 Master, can anyone tell me the differences/improvements between batch 1,2 and 3 and if a batch 2 Master is worth getting buying? Also  is  batch 2 of masters the ones without any battery redundancy? Where their connected in series and not parallel? Thanks

15 minutes ago, davewood1982 said:

I have a chance of a batch 2 Master, can anyone tell me the differences/improvements between batch 1,2 and 3 and if a batch 2 Master is worth getting buying? Also  is  batch 2 of masters the ones without any battery redundancy? Where their connected in series and not parallel? Thanks

Makes no sense talking about batches when it comes to master, there are totally different versions out now, Master v1 with batteries in serial configuration, Master v1.5 with different motherboard but still serial batteries I believe, Master v2 with batteries in 2x2 (serial x parallel) battery configuration and even newer motherboard (and probably other changes as well but nobody will be able to give you a list of this) and unconfirmed rumor of mystery Master v3.

How to identify Master v2: The charger board where all the batteries connect is blue instead of green, display board and motherboard look different (look at ecodrift teardown), it can operate on 2 upper or 2 lower batteries alone no need to connect all 4, firmware version is 2014902 which is different from Master v1.

A lot of spare parts for Master V2 will not fit on the V1 and vice versa.

Yes it's a mess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Makes no sense talking about batches when it comes to master, there are totally different versions out now, Master v1 with batteries in serial configuration, Master v1.5 with different motherboard but still serial batteries I believe, Master v2 with batteries in 2x2 (serial x parallel) battery configuration and even newer motherboard (and probably other changes as well but nobody will be able to give you a list of this) and unconfirmed rumor of mystery Master v3.

How to identify Master v2: The charger board where all the batteries connect is blue instead of green, display board and motherboard look different (look at ecodrift teardown), it can operate on 2 upper or 2 lower batteries alone no need to connect all 4, firmware version is 2014902 which is different from Master v1.

A lot of spare parts for Master V2 will not fit on the V1 and vice versa.

Yes it's a mess.

its a batch 2/V2  from erides uk, would you recommend this version or wait for later versions

6 minutes ago, davewood1982 said:

its a batch 2/V2  from erides uk, would you recommend this version or wait for later versions

As it stands now I don't recommend Master at all. 😂😅

But if you are getting a Master V2 is the one to get, I don't know what waiting would improve, V2 has both improvements and downgrades it's a mixed bag.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Raptor...

Hello ,
That's where the EVA foam (yoga block) pyramid where you can see the red triangle in the picture!

The pyramid shape provides smooth braking on the down stroke. the blow is not felt at all. A smooth termination of movement occurs.

Screenshot_20221010-133723_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b494611e9392935b844c17dd143e7c8d.jpg

Edited by Raptor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

now I don't recommend Master at all. 😂😅

- why? 

- Apart from the Master - could You say us, which euc models 18-24" of al brands - are reliable in You oppinion, and worth to buy, at this moment? 

Edited by Greg X

5 minutes ago, Greg X said:

- why? 

- Apart from the Master - could You say us, which euc models 18-24" of al brands - are reliable in You oppinion, and worth to buy, at this moment? 

Well since you directly asked me, disclaimer that this is my personal opinion so anyone not agreeing with me can agree to disagree and leave it at that as this has been discussed ad infinitum already, we all have different opinions and that's ok.

Why I'm not recommending Master? The build quality is not great, it's flimsy at best, has multiple design decisions that are not great, it requires multiple modifications and expensive accessories to become a somewhat decent wheel, only way to notice if a battery pack is not working on Master V2 is that your range is suffering since the wheel will not tell you about it, the core concept is ok it's just very poorly executed and Begode seems to drastically change core component design on a regular basis making spare parts between different versions incompatible, it just feels like a prototype wheel to me.

Which wheels do I recommend? My opinion is that the S22 with a fixed motor (Motors made August or later) is the best suspension wheel you can get right now, it has a robust chassis, good build quality, very easy to service, BMS that will give you insight into cell voltage and battery health, great suspension travel, great water resistance, simply a very good wheel all around that is unfortunately haunted by the ZX motor supplier problem. Some people complain about torque on S22 but I can not relate to that, it handles everything I throw at it. The S22 also require some modding like replacement sliders (3D printed or CNC option) to truly shine in the suspension department but that is nowhere near as expensive as replacing links and shock on Master and will provide far better results. For non-suspension wheel I recommend Sherman Max which is a very good wheel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

That doesn't make sense. There have been 3 batches in total, and 'V2' is actually batch 3, the ones that arrived anytime in the last 4 weeks.

v3 do not exist, it's just a firmware version in app

v1 has battery in series, v2 with 2s2p config is the one and only master right now, simply that

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1