Mango

23 hours ago, rebeuc said:

I was under the impression the V8 series would allow you to upload a custom horn sound which you could trigger via a bluetooth data message. (Not bluetooth audio, but a serial i/o command via the same channel used to read wheel statistics); I was stating exactly that- the wheel having a speaker that could play the 'be careful' warning sound means at the very least I would expect to be able to customize the sound pack on the wheel, not necessarily that it would support streaming bluetooth audio. Though I hope that it does.

While you can unload custom sounds to V8, it doesn't have horn functionality or any direct way of sending command to trigger a specific sound file. But once again, I fully expect V13 to have similar sound capabilities to V12, i.e. dedicated horn functionality with customizable sound as well as BT audio, so you can use either with EUC World. I use mine with Flic button to control horn, lights and to trigger the message and can't imagine to riding without one now. The only minor issue I have is that I'm unable to find some nice bicycle bell custom sound which would play correctly / without distortion on V12. If someone happened to find one, please let me know (this is for directly uploading to the wheel and triggering horn function, not custom horn sound playback via BT from EUC World).

Edited by HEC

Dunno… It feels to me… V13 is a great metaphor for “be careful what you wish for”.

And also, I am afraid that if InMotion are blaming prototyping for this potentially inadequate suspension design, then we may be having a longer wait ahead of us for the final product than we are led to believe…

• Upvote 1

I like that they seem to be taking on feedback well and actively seeking it out. It’s a good strategy to find the issues people want addressed prior to send out. 

I think KS tried this by sending the first units for feedback but then no changes were made.

Maybe IM will make the changes.

Speaking of feedback / improvements / feature requests ... I'm curious how many of you would be interested in V13 (or some other Inmotion wheels down the road) having RFID lock? I use RFID ring for multiple purposes and its benefits are great, including working in any weather or while wearing gloves and so on. 

7 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Everything is a "prototype" until you start selling it, then it's called a "revision". :rolleyes:

But honestly dunno why people are complaining, it's a cruiser not a jumper/off-roader. The V11 will bottom out if you jump on it.

This thing is so heavy, bottoming out is the least of your concerns. :roflmao:

I actually think it was high Chinese quality standards to blame. Can you imagine yourself making a prototype and not thinking about putting at least some rubber so the metal doesn’t contact metal when it bottoms out?

I am looking at my V12 even now after changing the drive board with the new one. It’s a worthless piece of materials that is increasingly bothersome in my house, and I have no idea if InMotion will ever bother to solve my problem.

What is Inmotion's track record regarding the quality of newly released wheels?

I mean, can people who pre-order reasonably expect to get a solid product, or should we expect some first-batch quality/reliability issues like King Song had with their S22?

34 minutes ago, NSFW said:

What is Inmotion's track record regarding the quality of newly released wheels?

There was that little hiccup with the V12 release. And water+bearings on the V11.

Overall though, "nominal for the industry of late".

Edited by Tawpie

Getting back on topic... 

Inmotion seems pretty cryptic about a certain V13 test rider showing up at the main office... 

Screenshot_20220829-172847_Facebook.thumb.png.b3568ae4f48344950476b75c31bc3591.png

I wonder who it is? Maybe a certain K******l? 

I'm just speculation. :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/inmotioneuc/permalink/2906949232933367/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share

23 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Inmotion seems pretty cryptic about a certain V13 test rider showing up at the main office... 

My take on this that Inmotion will be posting posting high speed runs to demonstrate the V13 high speed capability, since they mentioned the motorcycle one piece leather suit as protective gear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GothamMike said:

I'm surprised Suspension EUCs are not giving weight ranges. Light and Heavy?

Air springs can be adjusted in a wildly large range. I don't think they would be the limiting factor regarding rider weight. Coil springs on the other hand would definitely benefit from published rider weight ranges.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1