Mango

33 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

1. Because it is easy.

2. Because you have the kit already. The manufacturer thought it was worthwhile enough to make it an easy changeover.

3. Because otherwise you will never experience one of the modes your wheel was made to ride in.

4. Because otherwise you will never know if you love the handling more than you love the suspension mode handling. (There is a non-zero chance you will.)

5. Because you are curious.

6. Because you believe in trying out all the options on something you own.

7. Because it is a DIFFERENT wheel without the suspension.

8. Because it is beyond your comprehension why someone wouldn't just TRY something that is easily available to them, that they have never experienced.

9. Because you've been told it is and extremely fun mode and there is no downside to just TRYING something. 

10. Because you like grins.

Reasons NOT to try it out:

1. Because you don't like knowing things, especially the capabilities of your vehicle. 

2. Because you might like suspensionless mode, and you don't like liking things?

3. Because when you buy a convertible, you never put the top down.

4. Because when you buy a 4 wheel drive pickup truck, you never engage the 4WD.

5. Because when you buy a JEEP, you never take off the doors?

:D

it sounds like u did the suspension kit and must like it very much. i've ridden non-suspension wheels out here before, but with my terrain, u have to ride slowly or u bounce off the pedals. plus, to me, it's uncomfortable. just pumping the shocks up give u a non-suspension wheel, except ur higher up, and if i lived in a civilized neighborhood, i could see why wrongway would like it. easier to dismount and mount. only reason i'm back screwing with wheels is because finally they have properly rated tires and suspension. no desire to go backwards, not out here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, novazeus said:

it sounds like u did the suspension kit and must like it very much.

I do like it very much. I also like the suspension mode 90% as much. They both have big selling points. If I could have two V13s (jealous-lol) I'd have one in each mode for sure.

I understand your use case doesn't lend itself to being connected to the ground. Too bad that, with all that heat, you can't sit indoors in the A/C and change over one of your wheels, then go out on a street or bike path when the sun goes down, and find out what a "zippy" V13 feels like. It isn't just mounting and dismounting (which I don't find to be difficult with or without suspension) that are different. It's the leverage for acceleration and braking and overall handling of the different geometry.

Anyhoo... stay cool and hydrate mightily.:D

10 hours ago, UPONIT said:

you can't sit indoors in the A/C and change over one of your wheels, then go out on a street

i'm living off grid in a non converted shipping container on my 325 acre ranch. so really don't have any spare time to do any frivolous stuff. i don't work on euc's. i have very expensive equipment that costs thousands to be worked on, so i reserve my precious work time for that. again, i can see the benefit of riding a non suspension wheel, that's all there was 6 years ago and we all learned on them. amazingly with no pads or spikes on the pedals!

i think lots of euc riders are older and retired and are looking for a hobby, i'm not. it's strictly a device to save me a few miles a day of walking and helping my old broken ankle injury. strictly point a to point b. if the new one will work safely in the pasture, that will be great. it's a mile to my mailbox and back. trust me, i'm sure i walk more daily than most. euc is a vehicle replacement vehicle for me. since i no longer have a driver's license or registered road vehicle, it's also my only way to get someplace if i ever need it, in a hurry, like walkin clinic for stitches or something. or dentist. strictly utilitarian. i also have terminal prostate cancer since 2014 when they told me i only had three months to live, so sitting down or bouncing around releasing more prostate cancer cells into my body isn't a good thing. 

everybody's end use of euc's is different. i don't have the opportunity to try different brands, i only "guess buy" based on the internet. after a dozen, i think i've found the perfect euc for my needs, the v13. the s22 is fine too and the geometry of it makes it a better wagon dragger. this new stock knobby v13 is perfect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MetricUSA said:

Yeah, don't consider the s22 for any reason, way too many problems, if you go with kingsong, consider the s19 a proper suspension wheel... 

my stock s22 is actually pretty good since i figured out rem oil is the best lube for the stock sliders. i haven't even put on the new ball bearing slider kit king song sent me. we have a saying,"don't fix what isn't broken". the s22 pulls the burley wagon better, but if somebody wanted my s22 or s18, i'd sell them because i know now that i'll only be riding them to keep them in shape. i'll always pick a v13. i feel safer on the v13's. 

• Like 2

inmotion is good to their word. my kickstand arrived today all the way from hong kong. after not having a kickstand for a week or so, there's no doubt in my mind, the benefits of the kickstand for me, outweigh,(no pun intended) the negatives.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

beautiful weather today so after walking Bob, he allowed me some quality v13 time. 

idk what is different but the suspension on the new one is nice and springy, but the first one is still stiff like a sports car. on my road, it's not that big of a deal. curiosity killed the cat and this suspension mystery is keeping my mind occupied. i had seen ww video before where he was liking taking the suspension off. it does look cute and i do like lowering the pedals, so maybe i will do the suspension delete kit on my street wheel because i don't think the suspension is working correctly anyway. i figure taking it out i might also discover the defect. not that i go anywhere, but i do dream of a bridge someday connecting me to the shopping center, and i wonder if i'd ever use it over there. i don't have the public experience y'all have. the two times i demonstrated riding a wheel next door at a restaurant parking lot, the frigging humans were like deer in headlights and naturally arm in arm so there was no getting around them as they exited the restaurant, probably after a few drinks. now that i think about it, lapping a bar/restaurant was probably a bad idea. 

anyway, the v13 suspension delete is cute.

got an error message after charging. i charged from 69% to 100%, and unplugged the charger first, then unplugged the wheel. i rode my other v13 for an hour or so, letting the old one rest after charging. when i tried to power on the wheel, nothing. then finally, holding the power button down forever, it started to balance, still no screen, completely black. so i turned on my phone and it connected and i got this:

3AA96DEA-726E-4594-ACBD-89F9465A2D17.thumb.png.f08bc83b25cd27f900c4368fbf8efa97.png

so i was able to turn it off and i hooked the charger back up to it, and the wheel display lit up like nothing was wrong. 

before charging:

5B42D411-E405-471C-AB55-EEAEB84E8055.png.b2deb32fb1d446e6df0312ec1da6ecde.png

after charging/rebooting and riding:

A694F69B-B812-411B-9C79-35CCEB1CB69E.png.21fad485b895f8514e0503aefedb7cbf.png

oh yeah, btw, the upload log thing didn't work and i think my dealer, neltrek is closing down. 

Dear valued customers, family and friends it is with great sadness that we Neltrek Evolution will be going out of business. Tomorrow Jacob and a team of us will be clearing out the shop if you are local in Tucson or surrounding areas and would like to stop by and check out what we have in remaining inventory, make an offer and go home with something, please reach out to either of us. It has been a pleasure serving southern Arizona and surrounding areas and we thank you.
Sincerely,
Jacob and Lesleigh

Sorry man.
  • Sad 1

I've been getting a weird issue on my v13 where the tire seems to get stuck on a angle and I have to carve to correct it. 

Seems to be mostly over 50kph and it happens more on windy days. 

I've tried raising and lowering the pressure in my tire and suspension. 

Could be a lot of things but does anybody have any ideas?

3 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I'm assuming the original tire? It has a massive tracking problem until its broken in. How many miles do you have on it? A few people had this issue until it was broken in. I changed it after 200 miles to the pilot 2 so i cant speak to this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I'm assuming the original tire? It has a massive tracking problem until its broken in. How many miles do you have on it? A few people had this issue until it was broken in. I changed it after 200 miles to the pilot 2 so i cant speak to this.

Yep original tire. 2600km in

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I've been getting a weird issue on my v13 where the tire seems to get stuck on a angle and I have to carve to correct it. 

Seems to be mostly over 50kph and it happens more on windy days. 

I've tried raising and lowering the pressure in my tire and suspension. 

i'm running the stock knobby at 42psi cold(florida cold) and i really love this tire. i don't go as fast as u do, but inflating it to 42psi gives it a nice round profile.

B098D1AC-A7FD-4C49-B416-39C43CBD5429.jpeg.58b454a89ba0f1538b22234d0e49dfdd.jpeg

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i'm running the stock knobby at 42psi cold(florida cold) and i really love this tire. i don't go as fast as u do, but inflating it to 42psi gives it a nice round profile.

Under 50kph the tire is fine. I did try to inflate to 35psi and it made the problem worse. 

1 minute ago, Eyss said:

Under 50kph the tire is fine. I did try to inflate to 35psi and it made the problem worse. 

try 40psi like the owner's manual says. how much is ur riding weight? low psi is ur problem. the wheel weighs 120 pounds, that leaves 276 pounds for the rider inflated to max pressure cold of 40psi.

962A912A-B51D-4EA0-89C1-41A6F4D2B1C1.png.ee55078821da6a066cd03737881298ab.png

definitely more difficult to balance at slow speed, but nothing like my v13 with it's michelin street pilot 2 inflated to 47psi. i like both tires, but my reasons might be different from urs. nice hard tires, esp the michelin, are very quiet. i like quiet. 

7 minutes ago, novazeus said:

try 40psi like the owner's manual says. how much is ur riding weight? low psi is ur problem. the wheel weighs 120 pounds, that leaves 276 pounds for the rider inflated to max pressure cold of 40psi.

Ok thanks. I'll give 40psi a try. 

I've been running 31-32psi for the whole time. 

Edited by Eyss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eyss said:

gonna be a totally different wheel. much less tire patch on the pavement so much more maneuverable/carvy. so much fun on a properly inflated tire.

43 minutes ago, Eyss said:

I did try to inflate to 35psi and it made the problem worse. 

IMO it's not the pressure, its the fact that the knobby's are lined up and you have 2 vertical grooves off center for the tire to fall into when leaned over. Pretty sure it will be worse at higher pressure. 2600km it should be broken in though.  I hated that tire so i changed it for that same reason at high speed. Please let us know the effect of raising the pressure to the max rated. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

its the fact that the knobby's are lined up and you have 2 vertical grooves off center for the tire to fall into when leaned over

Could be a lot of things. I'll try going to 40psi and then 25psi. 

I've got a race day in a couple of days so really want to be comfortable going 70-90kph. 

1 minute ago, Eyss said:

True, let us know what you find out. It would be interesting to see what pressures chooch tech and @Forwardnbak are running. They are running up at those higher speeds on it. I am as well but different tire, think i have mine at 30psi or so.

6 hours ago, Eyss said:

I've got a race day in a couple of days so really want to be comfortable going 70-90kph. 

under inflated tires feel bad. sloshy and unstable. the lower pressure allows the tire to squish all over the place. i can tell immediately when my tire reaches a few psi below minimum. those channels on the knobby suck, but it has some advantages. the michelin SP 2 is also nice...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eyss said:

it gets a little flighty at 40psi and if the tyre has already tracked on you watch the high psi/speed combo.

Also try to make sure each side of suspension is even with same amount of air.

I still like higher pressure it helps me handle the horrible profile of that tyre. I am 35-40psi

I think the biggest thing is wearing down that edge of the tyre.

sandpaper - wax on wax off 

or even better ride and carve. 

Watch that tyre at speed/wind, the wheel can get locked into a track. Once you've felt that "maybe its staring to track feeling" start to carve out then and work to gain control back. 

Good luck

I did a bunch of testing at 40, 35, 32 and 28 psi. I'm about 72kg. 

None really removed it completely, 28 was the best but came with it's own set of problems. 

I went back to 32 that I've always run as that felt the best. 

I did find the acceleration assistant made the problem worse when it tilted back after acceleration. 

My front pads weren't even so fixed that. 

I think the biggest thing might of been nerves. Doing high speed runs with the other guys I was able to get up to 66kph. 

I also realized that on a track you're not going straight for very long so the train tracking isn't as much of a issue as I thought. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1