Mango

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

there's an offroading mode?

AFAIK there is a choice of Off-Roading or Commuting mode, just like V11 & V12. I could be wrong with this though and they could’ve left it out for the V13. But there definitely are the assists for braking and accelerating, which are there to counteract the slow response of a large and heavy wheel.

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

inmotion must have done something different with the shocks.

That’s interesting! Or could it be that new is just new, and works as it should?

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

did anybody ever try that hack of adding oil to the shocks?

I have added a small amount of oil to the upper chamber of the similar air springs on the V11 (not the oil shocks that are only in the V13). Can’t say that I would’ve noticed a marked difference, but I hope they will keep the piston running smoothly. The upper chamber isn’t accessible without heavy and irreversible mods though.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

does anybody know how to read sn to determine manufacture date?

Haven’t heard of anyone being able to crack Inmotion’s s/n dating.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That’s interesting! Or could it be that new is just new, and works as it should?

mine when new never was this plushy. if the weather is decent tmrw, i'm gonna shoot a side by side video of me jumping up and down on each. i know mine and a couple of others on the first batches had the valve in one one of the shocks not mounted properly but i fixed that before i rode it. i hope the first one suspension is different and inmotion figured out a way to make it plush. u know on my little 3km road, it hasn't been stressed at all. it's very noticable difference. u may be right, maybe the first one is broken. checked out by neltrek when they changed the bolts and tire. 

if u have tried an early model, try a factory fresh one.

I have noticed that the V11 shock does degrade a bit fast, and indeed loses it’s plushness compared to the new V11 units in our group ride. That’s why I suspected it. But I believe you when you say that your first V13 was never as plush. They could’ve indeed changed something.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I have noticed that the V11 shock does degrade a bit fast, and indeed loses it’s plushness compared to the new V11 units in our group ride. That’s why I suspected it. But I believe you when you say that your first V13 was never as plush. They could’ve indeed changed something.

yeah, i'm extremely curious but not enough to take them both apart and see what is different. i'm suppose to be contacted by inmotion service because of the kickstand not being shipped so i'm gonna ask them. 

u know, having the rattle trap s22, i just expected noise from a suspension wheel, so the inmotion creaks and groans didn't seem unusual, but this new one feels like butter. be interesting how much better it does in the pasture. i had a brief window today before rain but didn't take it because it didn't want to get it dirty yet.

• Upvote 1

this is so stupidly moronic chinese attitude. 

here i'm interested in becoming a dealer, and they are trying to screw me out of a $40 item they promised me! what f**king idiots!

C20D2383-98F9-4CAA-9191-EADEDCC6ED9A.thumb.jpeg.d5dc1be575d6df115c5396ab7b59f94d.jpeg

they told me to take a picture this one with their name on it, they think is fake.4E07EB70-C09C-4B7E-93B5-6D0114758DEE.thumb.jpeg.9a8194e24c30f5324875fd8fade55e97.jpegof the part that was missing. that doesn't even make sense. so i sent them a photo from their site with the kickstand mounted and the aliexpress listing for one. these people have no clue about customer service and why this will fizzle out. 

A2CADFA5-B19F-4316-A523-3DC62BA8CD1F.thumb.jpeg.21dddc97ff8bb4dd42107a84e8e5fe54.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

You can have the one ewheels sent me with mine, i hate the thing and will never use it. I never mounted it. Pm me with you address and i will send it to you.

thanks so much. let me harrass the idiots at inmotion first, but yeah i'd love to have one on this new one. 

but i know what u mean. i debated putting the kickstand on this pasture wheel because it's not if i'm gonna crash, i know i'm gonna crash or have to bail, and that time i accidentally pressed the lock button while going 15mph, which shouldn't even be hot if the wheel is moving, anyway it kicked me off backwards and the kickstand made a hematoma on my leg.

it won't sit very steady in my keter boxes on those orange bumpers. 

• Like 1

this is the problem with every chinese product i've ever bought. hideous customer service.

so after i get an email saying they are gonna ship me their $10 part(what it costs them probably), i get another email.

yeah, they will always be novelty items when manufacturers are like this.

A3CFC99E-1ADE-45B3-A80A-3C0C93FF0448.thumb.jpeg.1b0c35b28e9cbde293a64f02efa32cfe.jpeg

image.jpeg

it's just sad to see companies so ill advised on marketing and customer service.

i loved my first inmotion wheel, the v10, but it was recalled and they sent me back somebody's trashed wheel.

i'd never ride anybody else's wheel. i'm scared of the brand new ones i bought.

but how stupid! of inmotion to send me back a trashed wheel. didn't they know i would take photos of mine and the serial number. 

i mean how stupid can u be. imagine taking ur f150 in for service and they return u another vehicle not urs. brain dead.

fortunately i used paypal so i filed a complaint. they'll hold their money for a kickstand.

Edited by novazeus

fyi

last one.

just got a call from inmotion in china from a lady that could barely speak english. but still better than my chinese.

she assured me a kickstand would be shipped today from china. 

i'm thinking the paypal resolution thing got their attention.

again, so sad i have to beat up on these companies just to get them to do their job.

phone call probably cost more than the kickstand!

i bet this is the problem with my first one. a guy in my same county got one at the same time and his was fixed this way too.

i probably have no dampering going on. no wonder this new one is so plush.typical wheel manufacturers with their lack of quality control. just can't get it over the finish line.

1 hour ago, yetti said:

Have you ever adjusted this little bolt?

saTpwwQ.png

What I've found is when I tighten this, the suspension become extremely rough and rigid, whereas if I loosen it a little bit, the suspension becomes buttery smooth. I'm wondering if on your old one this is too tight.

Yes, that is to control the gap between the sliders. I believe its a rubber block. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

maybe my first v13 doesn't have oil in the shocks. i didn't know there was oil in them. i thought they were air shocks. air and oil dampening maybe?

There’s the pressurized air spring that holds you up, and then a separate sealed oil based shock absorber, which have the top shafts the guy tightens on the video you linked to.

11 hours ago, novazeus said:

their specs do say this:

9F74D610-DB98-4097-A301-1B6CCFF99B5C.thumb.jpeg.212450cbc5df9949097f596a43b33e38.jpeg

Ah, so there are the two modes after all. I recommend trying the Comfort mode if you’re having trouble with the acceleration requiring too much effort.

24 minutes ago, trailless said:

Yes, that is to control the gap between the sliders. I believe its a rubber block. 

It’s probably the same material that’s on the V11, which is a special treated POM, a hard plastic U shaped guide running at the edge of the black aluminum rail.

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

There’s the pressurized air spring that holds you up, and then a separate sealed oil based shock absorber, which have the top shafts the guy tightens on the video you linked to.

that wasn't it. i checked my old one and the damper one is tight. both sides, stuck my hand in there and no play. my first one isn't bad, i fixed the tightening of the rails awhile back, it's just funny that set up exactly the same, the new one is just smoother. could be just the rails tighter. the suspension at same pressures, is just stiffer like a sports car, and for my street wheel that's probably better anyway. 

btw, other than the newness of this center nub knobby, and standing a little higher, they ride the same, except it does take a leg on the upper shell sometimes to keep it from tramlining or just riding on one side of the tire or the other. look how wonderfully symetrical and round the michelin. great tire for euc's.

i couldn't find comfort mode or off rode mode. my pedals are set to maximum hardness and that's the way i like them. on street, if u put a darth vader outfit on me, u would see, i don't lean, all just using my feet, lifting my heels to go, lifting my toes to stop. pasture is different. i do whatever i can to hang on but still just standing on the pedals.

19 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

hate the thing and will never use it.

u know, after examing my first one today, looking inside with my flashlight, i can see why the kickstand isn't the best idea, esp if u just rode thru dampness.

God please, does it ever end? i'm almost wanting a vertical stand for both of them now and take off the kickstand, but i'll probably leave it on just in case i ever leave the ranch for something. 

but still, a good vertical roll in stand like speedy feet was selling. i really do appreciate ur offer, but i'm sure inmotion will come thru now.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I would like to just unlock mine for low end torque but from what @Forwardnbak says, they aren't planning on allowing others which is disappointing since i purchased the wheel with that in mind. 

I think with fancier there is a little more torque, it felt a little more zippy but the weight is still the trouble to get it moving off the mark, I hit 12.5w trying to get it moving off the mark faster and it didn't feel greatly different to standard mode. 

I need to go and play with fancy again to double check this. I'll do a better test of each mode. 

(My last roll I hit 12443w on normal mode I just noticed) 

I will try to ask if there is any further plans to update the firmware.

Little more torque would be fun and the top end speed is ridiculous fun but not needed. 90kph is a fine top speed. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, yetti said:

Have you ever adjusted this little bolt?

saTpwwQ.png

What I've found is when I tighten this, the suspension become extremely rough and rigid, whereas if I loosen it a little bit, the suspension becomes buttery smooth. I'm wondering if on your old one this is too tight.

yes i have. one side was extremely loose and the other side was fine. and that did eliminate the rattle. i think this new one just came better lubricated from the factory. the creaks are plastic pieces probably not snug enough. it's fine and would have never thought squat until i got this new one. motor is quieter too.