Mango

On 8/24/2023 at 6:14 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Looks like the end play issue i had on mine. If it's the same issue, the problem is in the motor. The factory didn't shim the axle between the covers properly so the is "end" play. But it goes further than that. If the wheel is "walking" back and forth it could be wearing into the sliders on both sides, in which case they should be replaced as well. Jason over at ewheels sent me a new motor/rim assembly for mine along with new sliders.

pictures/video of mine here:

As long as there is no roughness when you put side pressure on the wheel and turn it back and forth, i don't think it's the bearings.

Seems to be the same issue with the axle... 

20230825_211606.jpg

20230825_211611.jpg

10 hours ago, trailless said:

Seems to be the same issue with the axle

That sucks, sorry to hear that man. It also looks like yours wiped out the axle seal as well. That's why there is a ton of grease on it. The bearing is probably compromised as well. I would definitely insist that you get a new rim/motor and sliders. And definitely re-torque the axle bolts to 18nm upon re-assembly.

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

That sucks, sorry to hear that man. It also looks like yours wiped out the axle seal as well. That's why there is a ton of grease on it. The bearing is probably compromised as well. I would definitely insist that you get a new rim/motor and sliders. And definitely re-torque the axle bolts to 18nm upon re-assembly.

I did reinstall the motor back onto the sliders and torqued it to spec, even added some blue loctite. The dealer told me to do this as that's the last step from inmotion. There's still play... 

I just want to return the wheel... even if they send me a new motor/rim and sliders, how do I know this won't happen again? 

20230825_214932.jpg

1 hour ago, trailless said:

even if they send me a new motor/rim and sliders, how do I know this won't happen again? 

Somehow a few made it out of the factory not shimmed properly, the new motor i received was shimmed properly along with most peoples motors who received the v13.  It's not something that happened over time, it was like that since the beginning and i never really realized it until taking it apart to change the tire. So if they send you a new motor it should be shimmed properly and not have any play in the axle. mine works perfectly fine now and is not digging into the slides anymore because it's centered properly and has adequate clearance.

1 hour ago, trailless said:

I did reinstall the motor back onto the sliders and torqued it to spec, even added some blue loctite. The dealer told me to do this as that's the last step from inmotion.

Yeah, they are idiots. They should have known that wont help since it has happened before. Inmotion even claimed i must have taken my motor apart to have this problem but after another colorful discussion i had with them , Jason from e-wheels shipped me out the parts right away. All i can say is , thank god i used a reputable dealer. Jason has been amazing with shipping me the replacement parts. This wheel would have been a nightmare from hell without that support. It was a total pain in the beginning but i love the way this wheel rides, i love the extra weight because it seems so planted on/off road. It's as fast as ill ever need and accelerates and brakes just fine if you do it with authority. The ability to change the riding characteristics is unmatched as well as the fit and finish. I feel safe riding this wheel, and that's a good feeling.The raptor controller is over engineered which i like. It was worth it to me to go through everything and sticking it out, It may not be for you but only you can answer that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Somehow a few made it out of the factory not shimmed properly, the new motor i received was shimmed properly along with most peoples motors who received the v13.  It's not something that happened over time, it was like that since the beginning and i never really realized it until taking it apart to change the tire. So if they send you a new motor it should be shimmed properly and not have any play in the axle. mine works perfectly fine now and is not digging into the slides anymore because it's centered properly and has adequate clearance.

Yeah, they are idiots. They should have known that wont help since it has happened before. Inmotion even claimed i must have taken my motor apart to have this problem but after another colorful discussion i had with them , Jason from e-wheels shipped me out the parts right away. All i can say is , thank god i used a reputable dealer. Jason has been amazing with shipping me the replacement parts. This wheel would have been a nightmare from hell without that support. It was a total pain in the beginning but i love the way this wheel rides, i love the extra weight because it seems so planted on/off road. It's as fast as ill ever need and accelerates and brakes just fine if you do it with authority. The ability to change the riding characteristics is unmatched as well as the fit and finish. I feel safe riding this wheel, and that's a good feeling.The raptor controller is over engineered which i like. It was worth it to me to go through everything and sticking it out, It may not be for you but only you can answer that.

The worrisome part was that the dealer, a reputable one in the US, doesn't have a definite answer about a fix. They acknowledged that they have multiple V13s in their shop for this same issue. 

My euc riding journey is relatively short compared to most, I started in December of last year. But I've been through a number of wheels: OG sherman, master, ex30 and now the V13. I bought into the hype about safety and was fine to trade off the shortcomings of the V13 for that safety. 

A list of the shortcomings I have for the v13: short range for its weight, crappy pedals (purchased erides after the first ride), crappy seat compared to begode, mediocre suspension, and the biggest one less torque... 

For example, I can get the v13 to dip rather easily when braking. I've tried all the pedal softness settings and even tried turning brake assist off. It still dips when emergency braking and I don't even grab the handle like some riders do... 

Either way, if they send me a new motor with a properly shimmed axle, I'll keep the wheel. I'm just rather disappointed. AND I have no wheel currently as I sold the ex30 last week... 

• Sad 2

So the dealer said Inmotion approved a new motor. I asked about the sliders as they had damage that was caused by the poorly shimmed axle. Also, I asked if a tire and tube will be installed. What's disappointing is that the dealers are still selling the wheels while they know this can be an issue. The dealer confirmed that they have multiple v13s in the shop with the same issue. I just purchased this wheel 1 month ago...

I didn't buy the "safest wheel" and spend $4k to have to take apart my wheel and replace a motor with under 300 miles... I've bought 3 wheels from them in 6 months, 2 of them were from late last year before all these drop shippers showed up and started discounting wheels. So I paid FULL retail... 

When I go to purchase a master pro v2 or the rumored begode extreme 30, I don't think I'll be using a dealer anymore. 

• Sad 1

On 8/26/2023 at 7:29 PM, trailless said:

AND I have no wheel currently as I sold the ex30 last week

That's why all the experienced EUC rides have more than one wheel! ;)

I lost eight weeks of prime riding weather during my yearly holidays once because a dumb dealer took so long to get my first (and at the time only) wheel repaired. That wont happen to me again.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, much better. dropping two pounds off the very top. i'd never use the seat and the trolley is too flimsy for raw land anyway. btw, all the yoga mat and tape and velcro is a half pound. i don't like my legs touching the wheel unless i'm bending it.

it does make it more nimble. course i'm running this mav pressure 45 psi michelin street pilot  2 at 48psi, very carvy.

1208C053-25AA-46A5-955B-ABF770983EA5.jpeg.d96d20b44a8745b2adfefa3d94fcbadd.jpegC79CE333-B7E5-491A-8DB5-EB8A00931B35.jpeg.78b169c42a994250cedc6698c9d70774.jpeg

On 8/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, trailless said:

For example, I can get the v13 to dip rather easily when braking. I've tried all the pedal softness settings and even tried turning brake assist off. It still dips when emergency braking and I don't even grab the handle like some riders do...

what tire do u have on it? if u ride street, switch to a michelin street pilot 2 tire and ride it at max pressure. that completely will change the ride. it takes waaay more energy to push that big fat flabby knobby esp when most don't run them at max pressure. the wheels are just waay more fun and safer running the tires at max pressure. less chance of a cut out, when ur not stressing the machine by trying to roll a big fat deflated tire. learning to ride on a deflated tire is just wrong. 

but hey, i'm with u on torque. if they could magically increase the low end torque by taking away the top ten mph, which i'll never use, i'm all in. 45mph is plenty fast. 30mph is my top speed comfort zone.

Edited by novazeus

16 hours ago, novazeus said:

what tire do u have on it? if u ride street, switch to a michelin street pilot 2 tire and ride it at max pressure. that completely will change the ride. it takes waaay more energy to push that big fat flabby knobby esp when most don't run them at max pressure. the wheels are just waay more fun and safer running the tires at max pressure. less chance of a cut out, when ur not stressing the machine by trying to roll a big fat deflated tire. learning to ride on a deflated tire is just wrong. 

but hey, i'm with u on torque. if they could magically increase the low end torque by taking away the top ten mph, which i'll never use, i'm all in. 45mph is plenty fast. 30mph is my top speed comfort zone.

I have the stock knobby on it and run 40psi. The V13 is going to be my offroad wheel now as I got a master pro with a street tire for street riding. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, trailless said:

I have the stock knobby on it and run 40psi. The V13 is going to be my offroad wheel now as I got a master pro with a street tire for street riding. 

that's my plan for this incoming v13 with the stock knobby. i really enjoy quiet rides and the knobbie are noisy on pavement it seems. mine will be strictly pasture and really excited because i think this will be the tool i need. street tire in the pastures isn't terrible, but the knobby should really soften the ride.

woop woop, coming a day early tmrw which is great because m-f is rain!

whatever happened to fancy mode and the rumor of adding torque down low?

dissapointing to hear that the knobby eats up so much energy. may run it at 45psi instead of 40psi. 

20 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The only person i know of that could answer this at the moment would be @Forwardnbak, he has an unlocked v13.

I still have it unlocked and I should maybe play with it some more. As far as I know it wont be released. No alarms or warnings with fancier mode, i think it was done more for testing things. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

got the new one direct from inmotion today. no kickstand in the box but they said it was included. no seat however.

got it set up and noticed some differences. no screws in the pedals for grip. now the spikes are part of the pedal.

u do stand higher than the street tire, it's noticeable, but the tire noise isn't as bad as i expected. i'm running it at 42psi cold. 2 over max. and it's a nice hard tire at that pressure. i suppose the noisy tires are probably deflated tires the way lots of riders think is correct. easier for sure. harder on the energy though.

but as of now, for my limited experience trying out different wheels(i have to buy them to try them)i'm sure i made the right decision doubling up on the v13. one for pasture riding. i haven't been riding because of the heat, so just starting back, and don't get me wrong, my ks-s22 and ks-s18, are great wheels with no problems whatsoever now, but the v13, for me is just more comfortable and ergonomic. i rode all 4 wheels today, and definitely for my use, the v13 is the winner. but i don't lift or carry the wheels anymore, they have their garage on the road. 

still, if some firmware upgrade would increase torque at the expense of top end, that would be wonderful. 20mph is a nice comfortable speed for me.

they also included a thin screen protector, i guess. is that for the display u think?

i paid $4050 for my first one with the michelin installed and seat and kickstand, so until the end of sept. the v13 with new customer discount is only $3419.20 delvered. this is the best wheel for the money for me. 

btw i managed to removed the pedal nubs in one piece if anybody wants them.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

I still have it unlocked and I should maybe play with it some more. As far as I know it wont be released. No alarms or warnings with fancier mode, i think it was done more for testing things. 

is there any extra torque or is that just a unicorn?

57 minutes ago, novazeus said:

if some firmware upgrade would increase torque at the expense of top end, that would be wonderful

I think the problem lies with the amp limits of the controller, if the raptor controller is capable of withstanding 450amp continuous, why on earth are they limiting it to 100 amp and at speed 80 amp. I feel like a simple firmware update like you said will solve the lack of torque issue. At the moment, it gives up to easy. I would like to just unlock mine for low end torque but from what @Forwardnbak says, they aren't planning on allowing others which is disappointing since i purchased the wheel with that in mind. I don't really care to go any faster than 56mph but some better low end acceleration and braking would be nice. It's sketchy when i slam it forward and it gives up a little bit for a second before it takes off. Luckily it doesn't give up fully, just softens up enough so you know it's giving up, not to push it further.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

Cells?

Probably, but that's just a stupid decision they made choosing those cells.

Samsung 50S cells have a 5c continuous rating without cooling. This gives you 3 kWh x 5c = 15kW continuous. Samsung 40T and Molicel P42/45 are even higher at over 7c. These devices rely on power for safety so there's no excuse not to use high power cells, especially on high performance models like this.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

15 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

better low end acceleration and braking would be nice.

The idle amp limit on the V13 is a bit rough, but it gets up as soon as you get riding. After that the acceleration response is up to the wheel’s settings. Pedal sensitivity and assists at 50% and it will accelerate much much easier than sensitivity at full without assists. The Commuting mode even moreso than the Off-roading mode.

15 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's sketchy when i slam it forward and it gives up a little bit for a second before it takes off. Luckily it doesn't give up fully, just softens up enough so you know it's giving up, not to push it further.

i'm right with u. but obviously not a deal breaker because i chose another one to get me around the raw land ranch. the bigger the diameter wheel is less likely to get stuck like a pole vaulter's pole and faceplant me. it's pasture, but faceplanting sounds like no fun esp as hard as my pastures are. once it spools up, np. it's those little dips when it gets a little stuck starting at a standstill. why i'm making sure my street tire stays above 45psi cold. it leaks a little and if it drops a few psi, down to 38, it exaggerates the issue. i've got the knobby at 42 but might go to 45. i don't wanna strain it by it not having a super hard tire. 

i got my workout this morning for y'all if ur interested in comparing the michelin street pilot 2 to the stock knobby. i gotta trim the yoga mat a bit on the new one. did match the orange better though.

the kickstand for the v13 should never be an option for a wheel this heavy and unwieldy. i think inmotion should have thought this out better and have the kickstand pre-installed for a better customer experience. like a car with no parking brake u carry a brick with to park.26569ED2-048B-4832-B256-FD0610C59EB2.jpeg.e6d9739000f08089494dc5216fa3c7e6.jpegEE971E6C-9DC7-411B-BEF0-F7754C47C505.jpeg.6a8bfdc36034577042f6990f2f9216c5.jpeg6D734EC6-68AA-4935-A7B9-7C6407A5911B.jpeg.e973270fadf1fa61d47edd2ad1e53a06.jpeg23E34DA8-C667-4539-A66D-2877EEE24077.jpeg.c439fe6d53cb294001ec2d9f0b8d4731.jpeg27C85A5D-A65C-4FDC-AFE4-45609F009FB2.jpeg.3b4467cca2795a36d3e190796a5a45cb.jpeg7B9DC34D-CCD2-4A98-B2D3-490E03D59AD5.jpeg.c3ca678a38a450c6741b739cea4eb4e2.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Off-roading mode.

there's an offroading mode?

and i forgot how to change the v13's display to mph instead of kph. it's mph in the app, but not on the wheel. a little help. haha, i can actually see the speedometer on the v13.

i'm not big into expensive customization, but if somebody made pedals that had the forward bias like the s22 when u relocate them forward and lower, that would be amazing and i'd buy them.

foot drivers really like having the full footplate.

Edited by novazeus

9 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Just tap the KPH on the display and a menu should pop up asking to change it.

thanks, i watched chooches video and got it. yesterday with a gloved hand and the protective film still on it, it wasn't happening. 

btw, i feel like we need to review these same models continuously because i know inmotion must have done something different with the shocks. night and day difference between this one and the one i got earlier in the year. idk what they did, but now they feel like oil filled shocks. buttery smooth and no sound. and no, it's not the tire i'm running overinflated, and btw, i know what caused @Forwardnbakcrash, same as my s22 before i ground down the center knob, this knobby, esp inflated to proper manufacturers suggested 40psi, makes falling off the center knob pretty drastic. on the inmotion tire, esp since i run overinflated, the center knob will deterioate quickly on my chesse grater road. i had to grind on my ks-s22 tire and now it's my favorite tire.  euc's need tires designed for euc's. symetrical and no center nubs.

but omg! this new shock set up is amazing! i mean i have 1500 miles plus on my original, both set up identical except for the tire, and this new one, with maybe 1/2" of sag, me at maybe 200 riding weight and a little over 200psi in the shocks and one turn out from counter clockwise stop on the damper.

did anybody ever try that hack of adding oil to the shocks? i mean on my street wheel, it has suspension, but more like a sports car, this new one is more sprung like my jeep, which is fantastic. God looking out for me again.

does anybody know how to read sn to determine manufacture date?