Mango

2 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Hit beeps yesterday only at 80kph, I dont hit beeps often on V13 surprises me when I do.   I was pushing just over 11000max power normal mode. 

IMG_1360.thumb.jpeg.1d528945af4875c27bbfa56f5ae85852.jpeg

Have you compared it to GPS? How much speed correction does the V13 need?

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Have you compared it to GPS? How much speed correction does the V13 need?

I haven't I should do that. What is the best way to monitor this Rawnei? Is it accurate to measure using iphone/watch app?  Any app recommendations? 

2 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I haven't I should do that. What is the best way to monitor this Rawnei? Is it accurate to measure using iphone/watch app?  Any app recommendations? 

Well I use EUC World and on the tours you can see wheel and gps speed overlapped and make a guesstimste from that, monitoring in real time will probably be more difficult.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's 4mph off with the stock tire and 5mph off with the pilot 2

Speed correction is determined in percentage not speed 😅 thus the faster you go the bigger the difference will be.

16 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Speed correction is determined in percentage not speed 😅 thus the faster you go the bigger the difference will be.

Ok, well all i know is no matter how fast i pass the radar sign in front of my house, the speed is exactly that much off from what my wheel is reporting.

On 11/13/2023 at 10:33 AM, novazeus said:

those that aren’t overshoot the curve and hit trees. u see it all the time. dead motorcyclist just couldn’t bend it enough.

nothing to do with technology or the lack of it. It's lack of skill and possibly experience. They come in too hot and brake while upright - this keeps the bike upright and straight. With trail braking you can actually dip down lower while in the corner - no overshooting. 

• 3 weeks later...

Have there been any rumours about InMotion’s next large street wheel? I remember hearing they’d be using fork suspension next time, but it seems like all their plans changed recently.

I’m still holding out for my next wheel. I love big wheels (22”+) but I really want fork suspension too. I wonder whether LeaperKim or Inmotion will be the first to make a large forked street wheel.

P.S - Not interested in whatever junk Begode is crapping out, so it’s really between these two companies for me.

4 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Have there been any rumours about InMotion’s next large street wheel? I remember hearing they’d be using fork suspension next time, but it seems like all their plans changed recently.

After watching Bob Yan's recent interview, I would not hold my breath. It's all been changed. So we have absolutely no idea what are Inmotion's plans for future products.

6 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I’m still holding out for my next wheel. I love big wheels (22”+) but I really want fork suspension too. I wonder whether LeaperKim or Inmotion will be the first to make a large forked street wheel.

According to @Mango, I believe, said that the up and coming wheels for the coming year will be 20" and 22" wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

He overleaned it, read the comments. It's not infallible. Pretty easy to overlean actually at speeds higher than 40mph. would be nice to see the logs.

yeah i read it, again, i'm not worried.

but hey, since ur here, do u know what the thread/hole size of those front bumpers?

i'm gonna devise something like clothes line cable to run between those on both sides so if the wheel tips over u have something to grab in the middle. the sloped sides are great, but i've also dropped a few because of gloved hands. nothing in the middle to grab. kinda like a built in tether. the front and rear handles are great, but in a slow speed tip over where u know u can't hold it and dismount, but could save the wheel if u could grab it in the middle.

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

yeah i read it, again, i'm not worried.

but hey, since ur here, do u know what the thread/hole size of those front bumpers?

i'm gonna devise something like clothes line cable to run between those on both sides so if the wheel tips over u have something to grab in the middle. the sloped sides are great, but i've also dropped a few because of gloved hands. nothing in the middle to grab. kinda like a built in tether. the front and rear handles are great, but in a slow speed tip over where u know u can't hold it and dismount, but could save the wheel if u could grab it in the middle.

That sounds like something that could catch your leg or foot (or who knows what) in the event of an involuntary dismount or fall. Wheels tend to hit unexpected body parts in unexpected ways. Might cut or drag a part of you? 

3 hours ago, UPONIT said:

That sounds like something that could catch your leg or foot (or who knows what) in the event of an involuntary dismount or fall. Wheels tend to hit unexpected body parts in unexpected ways. Might cut or drag a part of you? 

Meanwhile you have the YouTuber Dawn riding around on 100lb wheels at 80+ kmh with a tether attached. I wouldn't be surprised to hear she was killed/dismembered riding one day. Of course nobody wants to see that happen, but it's mental that she does that. I can't even imagine the hypothetical upside she sees in doing it.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I can't even imagine the hypothetical upside she sees in doing it.

Oh if you watch enough of her vids she explains on multiple occasions and in expansive detail about the how's and why's of her tether system. It has saved her and her wheel on several notable occasions. Here's a bit where she falls off a mountain in a recent ride, and they discuss it afterwards.

She convinced me it was a good idea, and so far, I haven't had any personal evidence to the contrary since setting up mine, although I do have to admit I don't use it all the time - mainly on those occasions where I know I am going to be tackling steep hills, country tracks, and riding adjacent to big drop-offs.

The 'upside' is that is almost impossible for your wheel to smash itself to pieces if it is tethered to you when you crash. It might smash you a bit on the way down, but bruises heal, armour is great and you'll still have a working wheel to limp home on ! And that, for me at least, is massively preferable to getting stuck out in the middle of nowhere with crash injuries and an 85 lb deadweight you now have to roll 7 miles to the nearest road where a taxi can take you home !

A well set-up leash has only one job - to make the wheel fall on its side asap after a crash, where it is the least hazardous it can be to you and everyone around you.

Unlike Dawn however, us guys have extra considerations when we set up ours - namely we have 'wedding tackle' to not get snagged in the tether on the way down, so we can't run it between our legs like she does - it's gotta come from the side of the waist so it remains out of the way of our 'dangly items' !

My tether is like hers in that it also has lot of little 'features' to make crashing with it more helpful and less jarring. It's a bungee cord that is firmly carabina'd to a thick belt that runs outside my armour (and therefore doesn't try and bisect me when subjected to sudden / big forces. During normal riding it is loosely bundled so it is about 1 meter long, and doesn't get in the way or hang too low, but in the event of a crash it will break 2 elements, hopefully at the right times...

Firstly, the bundle of tether near the top tears free of its bundle and instantly extends to 3.5 meters, which is enough to allow the wheel to not be right under you when you fall...

Secondly, the last link between the tether and the rear bumper of the wheel is 3 elastic hair bands, which are designed to snap, releasing the tether once it has hopefully performed its only job of making the wheel fall over as soon as possible.

Annoyingly I haven't, so far, had a single crash where I could test this in action, but I feel a lot safer that I have at least given it some thought and increased my chances of not wrecking the wheel in future unplanned dismounts...

Edited by Cerbera

21 hours ago, novazeus said:

the thread/hole size of those front bumpers?

They are m6, the same as the axle bolts. But as @UPONIT pointed out, a cable would be probably a bad idea. I think of you hadn't removed the trolly handle, you would have something on top in the middle to grab. It's pretty sturdy. I usually grab the seat/trolly handle area when i stop or jump off at low speed.

11 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Dawn riding around on 100lb wheels at 80+ kmh with a tether attached

i would agree, i don't think its a very good idea. I'm sure it has been fine on occasion but it just takes one time for a immovable object like a light pole or a tree to come between the two and cause a serious injury. IMO the bad outweighs the good.

• Thanks 1

thanks. i'll show u when i'm done. 

btw, i don't use a seat, and until i rebuild the trolley handles, they are useless out here except on pavement. my idea won't work with a seat. same as adding crashbars on a harley. every one of my generators have these crash bars over the fuel tank to protect the tank from stuff falling on it, not for lifting.

there's always scenarios u can dream up to make something hazardous, like pedal lowering so ur more vulnerable to a pedal strike which is about the same or worse than a cutout or faceplant. i know first hand from my old wheels and barky weeds.

The video just shows that one rider managed to lean more than the other.

They even bring up the point themselves when they switch pads on the Master Pro saying how much better it is.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The video just shows that one rider managed to lean more than the other.

Yes - to loose is not an option....:P

• Like 1

haha, until Bob learns how to ride, i don't have anyone to race out here. 

i just want a lynx to try out the fastace suspension. i mean, i might buy it because it's pretty and looks like quality if i see it in person, but i can't imagine the fastace suspension working better out here in my pastures. i have zero damping or hardness going on on any of the suspensions except maybe the s18, and i feel like i'm riding on a tempurpedic mattress. anymore squishy would be scary. 

and btw, now that my s22 diy pro is fix, i have zero complaints about suspension on any of my wheels, including the s18, that i still debate about changing the tire on, but the work looks so frigging tedious, and in the pasture, the crappy jiluer tire is fine. now that it's worn down and i'm running it over max pressure by 2 psi, it's not bad on pavement. there's enough loose aggregate on my road for lubrication. on good pavement it would suck.

i can't wear these giant knee braces with the v13 pads so i'm only gonna train/practice on the s22's for now because i could get the top pad to fit ok, and still use the side impact protecting knee brace.

• 2 weeks later...