Mango

1 minute ago, earthtwin said:

You are funny @novazeus, out there riding around on your ranch on your electric unicycle. Ninebot Z10 is still better than Inmotion V13 though for where I ride, mostly on cement and asphalt and sidewalks. It's so much fun. I don't see how a V13 would be any better. Don't crash too much out there.

like i said, all euc makers and riders owe a debt of gratitude to segway for finally putting a proper tire on an euc. everybody knows i’ve bitched about it since 2017, when they weren’t much more than hoverboards/toys.

the zed broke the mold. much kudos to segway. if i found a reliable source and a good deal on one, new, i’d buy it for laughs.

it’s pedal sensitivity or lack thereof or algorithm’s, idk, talking out my ass now, but i use to laugh at it’s pedal action. course i rode it max pressure too. haha, talk about knife edge, but with that tire contact patch it could shit and get, rip, lost in the house fire. the batteries had gone dead from tge vampire thing and didn’t want to screw with it.

but if u get a chance, but that’s really not it. suppose everybody has been riding around on their mopeds and vespas, and i said go try a harley davidson road king. haha, u would fall over before leaving the parking lot.

impossible to ride. but why then is it the chosen bike of road cops, because it’s the road king, it gives the cop the best chance of surviving the mean streets.

if i had to ride my motorcycle on the mean streets, it would only be my road king with abs brakes that before 2008 only offerred on cop bikes and it was a converted car abs that took up a whole saddlebag and off balance the bags.

my 2008 was the first 110cu in with the first motorcycle abs brakes. that’s why i’m such a student of tires. those that aren’t overshoot the curve and hit trees. u see it all the time. dead motorcyclist just couldn’t bend it enough.

• Like 1

hopefully someone with interest in a v13 will find this edifying. notice how much of the rear the pedal is unused. this is why i'm building pedal extensions. this video doesn't do the terrain justice because of the v13's great suspension. i ran my backhoe loader up there today and i should have shot a video from the cab. u bounce so much ur afraid ur gonna tip over, at half the speed of the wheel. u know how long it takes to walk up there? forever!

watch my shoes never leave the pedal.

haha, oh yeah, windy, coming across the pasture. i had a hard time hanging on.

Edited by novazeus

On 10/31/2023 at 4:06 AM, yetti said:

I ordered a pair of the lower pedal hangers. I'll let you know how the wheel feels after I get and test them.

Have you received yours yet?

I ordered a set also. They just arrived in the US (I think).

They look really high quality. 50mm drop.

He has a webshop with them and some other accessories for several EUCs from all manufacturers. Sliders for the KS S22, etc.

v13pedaldrop01.thumb.jpg.e2787042f88e40ab5b26acb3a4697468.jpgv13pedaldrop02.thumb.jpg.d2855dfeee9e2375233c7120d5af386f.jpgv13pedaldrop03.thumb.jpg.bd92a418feee748b3eafd2782c57dcb9.jpgv13pedaldrop04.thumb.jpg.16b5c1173b0ade789c537b436732991c.jpgv13pedaldrop05.thumb.jpg.8889b1690a6d5fd78349d55e939b0b39.jpg

I finally found a use for the stock knobby that comes on the V13...

One of my friends lives on the 3rd floor of an apartment building. It's an old bldg. with a "grand staircase" like from an old theater .That staircase is the only way up. And it's carpeted with really slippery new carpet. So... of course the one time I tried pushing the V13 up the stairs with the Michelin tire on it, it couldn't grip and somebody put a couple of spin burns on the leading edges of a couple stairs.:whistling:

Because I'm still experimenting with tires,  I had the knobby back on next visit.  It grips great and is very pushable up 56 carpeted stairs. It also goes up the tiled staircase in my house much less crankily with the knobby on it. 

The Michelin isn't tramline-y, though, so I prefer it overall. I just can't go to that friends' place on the V13 when that tire's on. Because carrying that fat bish up all those stairs is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S.:roflmao:

This info probably helps no one, but there it is...

:D

• Haha 1

knobby 2 placed in service today. perfect, just like it's twin, also built and inpected on 5-11-2023, a thursday, definitely not a monday wheel, my first v13, built and inspected 12-26-2022, def is a monday wheel, but most of it's quirks are ironed out and i'm working with inmotion on trying to figure out the first's one's anomalies.

can't imagine a wheel being better than the v13 for what is does. the only way i'm leaving this ranch i was born on, is in a box. so right now i have two terrains i must traverse. actually three. pavement with loose aggregate and leaves, long grass covering very irregular pasture surface, and when the cows eat the grass down in the winter, short grass over rough pastures. what i have found, the michelin street tire works best on long grass, the knobby actually works better on my old pavement, the michelin is quieter however, knobby isn't bad at 42psi florida cold. 

but hopefully soon, i'll start building the best multiuse paths that have ever been built. i'm kinda of an aficionado when it comes to asphalt and inline skating. i have a friend that coached the olympic team in tampa. so not only will these multiuse paths have shade, from the trees i'll transplant from building pads, but they will have type 3 asphalt rolled with white sand. that's what makes them glassy. and then the michelin on them, watch out, because speed will creep up on u.

AEA8454C-E509-4D33-8CB6-9920EF86BB00.png.d4985c16a967eed34f8e559e27cbcd9f.png34D147A2-2559-4D95-BA2F-90DAD1E79D9D.png.53bb6dc4ddf2db40f64371bd0bd8ad06.png

third keter box finally comes tmrw, a few days late. dump construction debris at my gate, and i'll use it.

CA7CF6EC-A460-4797-BC0E-B09105FB761B.jpeg.d8b9a40139a28cb3523c4daf52f7483c.jpeg61AB0F5F-E534-4CE7-896B-FD8570512181.jpeg.15ccf879c8699cf435cb2e13602eb028.jpeg

what a pita moving anything around out here.

3CACADAE-74F6-424C-B5FB-AEC26EC5A45C.jpeg.373ef18f50f84484dafcf382d8cd839c.jpeg 

beautiful. i predict the v13 will be in the smithsonian someday.

C2970B36-2879-4D3A-AE9D-8167E76D369D.jpeg.1d4e235144ed9cfb0747a5f01648988d.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:23 AM, UPONIT said:

Have you received yours yet?

I ordered a set also. They just arrived in the US (I think).

They look really high quality. 50mm drop.

He has a webshop with them and some other accessories for several EUCs from all manufacturers. Sliders for the KS S22, etc.

v13pedaldrop01.thumb.jpg.e2787042f88e40ab5b26acb3a4697468.jpgv13pedaldrop02.thumb.jpg.d2855dfeee9e2375233c7120d5af386f.jpgv13pedaldrop03.thumb.jpg.bd92a418feee748b3eafd2782c57dcb9.jpgv13pedaldrop04.thumb.jpg.16b5c1173b0ade789c537b436732991c.jpgv13pedaldrop05.thumb.jpg.8889b1690a6d5fd78349d55e939b0b39.jpg

That is a significant lowering. I wonder how that is to ride. Does it feel like you will scrape real easy now? 

@novazeus ok. I’ll bite. What makes a Monday wheel a Monday wheel? 🤣

Why can’t you imagine a better wheel than a V13? An eucs best use is going to be determined by the user. It’s a decent wheel. I liked riding one, but it didn’t fit my regular use, so I bought one that did. You don’t use the high speed potential the V13 offers. You ride on your property with gopher holes and inconsistent ground. To me it would make more sense that you’d like a high torque wheel with great suspension. I think the lynx you have coming will fit your uses much better. Looking forward to hearing your impressions on it when you get it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Why can’t you imagine a better wheel than a V13? An eucs best use is going to be determined by the user. It’s a decent wheel. I liked riding one, but it didn’t fit my regular use, so I bought one that did. You don’t use the high speed potential the V13 offers. You ride on your property with gopher holes and inconsistent ground. To me it would make more sense that you’d like a high torque wheel with great suspension. I think the lynx you have coming will fit your uses much better. Looking forward to hearing your impressions on it when you get it. 

i had a zo6 corvette that went 200mph, i didn't use it's high speed potential either. 

a monday wheel is a wheel made on a monday.

why didn't the v13 fit ur regular use? like i said in my post, it fits my terrain perfectly. larger diameter wheel and the michelin street tire makes a better tall grass wheel in my pastures. idk about mud, i avoid mud, or tundra, or ponds. but i see utubers think wheels are suppose to do things, i choose not to with my wheels. but knock urself out, literally and figuratively. i don't get free healthcare.

04F96BDF-7A04-4C63-B172-1EBFFD70AD74.png.0af82b170f346eab57a05baacfde637e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

ok. I’ll bite. What makes a Monday wheel a Monday wheel?

I am curios as well, usually when a product isn't up to snuff people say. "It must have been built on a Friday" meaning the assembler was thinking about what they are going to do on the weekend and not what he is doing at the moment. Is this what you mean?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

I completely agree. The V13 is mainly just good for cruising at 40-50mph. If I were just cruising along at 20-30mph and offroad for the majority of the time, I'd get a different wheel. That's why I got a Master Pro and I'm stuck with my V13 with under 400 miles that I can't even sell at $2500... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trailless said:

I completely agree. The V13 is mainly just good for cruising at 40-50mph. If I were just cruising along at 20-30mph and offroad for the majority of the time, I'd get a different wheel. That's why I got a Master Pro and I'm stuck with my V13 with under 400 miles that I can't even sell at $2500... 

Interesting take.

I can understand that. However, I can also see from it @novazeus point of view too. 

I ride an Abrams, at least I was. And I rode it for everything. Even short trips. As long as I always only ride it, then it is no trouble to ride it everywhere.

The advantage of a 22" wheel is that the tire can cope better with big surface imperfections, or when having to go over big debris or objects on the road.

And I find the V13 is easier to ride than my Abrams. So yeah, it could work for @novazeus.

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Interesting take.

I can understand that. However, I can also see from it @novazeus point of view too. 

I ride an Abrams, at least I was. And I rode it for everything. Even short trips. As long as I always only ride it, then it is no trouble to ride it everywhere.

The advantage of a 22" wheel is that the tire can cope better with big surface imperfections, or when having to go over big debris or objects on the road.

And I find the V13 is easier to ride than my Abrams. So yeah, it could work for @novazeus.

For sure you can just cruise on the V13 and the 22" tire helps offroad. It's just that there are better wheels out there for slow cruising and offroad uses. Can you make it work offroad? For sure, just look at Chooch. But that doesn't mean that it's the best for offroad. Same goes for just cruising around at 20mph, there are much better wheels for that use case. 

I got a master pro because I wanted the most overhead for riding aggressively for my entire ride. I also don't like being below 40% battery. For example, the other day I rode 20 miles and got the master pro battery down to 45%. I rode the V13 for 20 miles, less aggresively, and I was in the low 20% battery range. Now if I wanted to offroad, I'd probably be getting the Lynx as it now comes with progressive springs in the shocks and it still retains a 20" tire to help with obstacles offroad. 

If it sounds like I have something against the V13, it's because I had to replace my motor at 270 miles... 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

why didn't the v13 fit ur regular use?

I had one for a week, it’s a well made nicely balanced wheel. 

I went with a Sherman S instead.                    
I wanted way more range than the inmotion offered. I’m six feet tall, the top of the V13 hits me exactly at the knee. My joints were sore from it torquing them in the wrong direction after only a few days. It’s bigger and heavier than I liked. I live in a large city and I felt like the V13 would be perfect in a more rural open road as a cruiser. You’ve mentioned it’s like a touring bike, I agree. I wanted something a little more manageable for a downtown core. I have a fixed headlight on my V11 and hate that I have to change the pedal angle of the entire wheel to change the throw of the light. I did not want that ever again. I love having an adjustable light. I ride a lot at night. 
I have an inmotion wheel and have no brand loyalty (although Leaperkim is growing on me) I wanted to try something different. My V11 left me stranded for no apparent reason and I took a week for IM to let me know nothing was wrong with my euc…….. 

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Like 1

inmotion instructed me to install new firmware for the quirks i've been having, so at 1am i'm out in the wheelhouse updating all 3.

haven't ridden them yet, but the upload went pretty seamlessly.

anyway, this is what they are running now:

4F10B99D-C451-49E2-84C5-7CC38CFECA11.thumb.png.0e6a097cc56c415c33bca597334197cd.png

1 hour ago, trailless said:

If it sounds like I have something against the V13, it's because I had to replace my motor at 270 miles... 

Not at all.

For your use case, more battery capacity makes sense.

Hard for me to say whether a 20" wheel would be better for @novazeus use case. Not sure whether he is lacking agility or maneuverability with V13 to start with. He bought three, so he must be happy with them.

Although, on paper, I know where you are coming from.

The Lynx has a hydraulic suspension with the same suspension travel as the Sherman-S, but with a dual rate coil spring.

The Lynx has the potential to challenge the V13 in @novazeus  use case for him as a rider. When he gets his Lynx, he can tell us which one suited him better.

17 hours ago, trailless said:

had to replace my motor at 270 miles... 

i'm curious as to why u had to replace it?

here's a typically rougher section of my pastures.

C1876958-E16E-40CF-8B78-1EF1EA986EEA.jpeg.18acb585259b741e16e51b85f8ee3feb.jpeg

C2A75892-E068-48F4-9B31-1A6ABAC89531.jpeg.bd364f2d4b770cd719dd2456cb6cecd1.jpeg

and hit this with ur v14 or patton, and u might die.

DC946D1D-3915-4E34-9E13-AD3D28500692.jpeg.f26bd1f6da811b957bbc87ce48c5e299.jpeg

i added a keter box to the wheel barn in anticipation of the lynx arrival.

6A170D59-AF1E-4046-B00B-710A303C2511.jpeg.d0e6a3ec4cf04b8f800f44f813eb80e9.jpeg

On 11/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, 2disbetter said:

That is a significant lowering. I wonder how that is to ride. Does it feel like you will scrape real easy now? 

I think there's so much clearance on the V13 there's no way I'll ever scrape a pedal. I also ride like a little old lady on Sunday. :D

The set I ordered is out for delivery right now, so I should know for sure in a couple hours...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'm curious as to why u had to replace it?

here's a typically rougher section of my pastures.

C1876958-E16E-40CF-8B78-1EF1EA986EEA.jpeg.18acb585259b741e16e51b85f8ee3feb.jpeg

C2A75892-E068-48F4-9B31-1A6ABAC89531.jpeg.bd364f2d4b770cd719dd2456cb6cecd1.jpeg

and hit this with ur v14 or patton, and u might die.

DC946D1D-3915-4E34-9E13-AD3D28500692.jpeg.f26bd1f6da811b957bbc87ce48c5e299.jpeg

i added a keter box to the wheel barn in anticipation of the lynx arrival.

6A170D59-AF1E-4046-B00B-710A303C2511.jpeg.d0e6a3ec4cf04b8f800f44f813eb80e9.jpeg

The axle wasn't shimmed properly in the motor, so the motor was slightly loose between the sliders. I could feel the motor shifted whenever I would change directions. The axle being loose also cause premature wear on the slider housing. Inmotion is aware of the issue and their solution is to send out new motors. This didn't happen until a little over 200 miles, it just took a while for me to find the issue. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, 2disbetter said:

Mine got delivered and I've gotten in a few rides. 

Spoiler: They are AWESOME. They make for the best of both worlds. Steadiness of unsuspended wheel. Cush ride of suspended wheel. Those 2 inches of drop make a hell of a lot of difference. Two thumbs way up.

Longer version:

These hangers drop the pedals about 2 inches. Based on eyeballing it, they make the V13 pedals around V11 height? At that height, the wheel feels way more responsive. I can carve almost too easily, but it feels stable. No more tippiness. Turns are easy. The cushy suspension has no downsides for me now. This configuration is perfect.

I don't ride anything too exciting off road. Grass and gopher holes mainly. But I never felt like I was even close to scraping.

BONUS: If I deflate the air shocks and max out the damper so the suspension is essentially gone, two things happen: It still doesn't threaten to pedal scrape. Granted I don't race around berms or anything so YMMV. And it is so ridiculously stable I can actually ride backwards a few feet. On the V13. Yes. Unexpected side effect. 

I won't be needing to remove the suspension whenever I want that agile planted feeling anymore. These make it as great a ride with the suspension as it is without. Plus super cushiness.  (I'm speaking from ignorance about comparables, but I don't know why anyone complains about this air suspension.)

They are beautifully made. They look well designed. Thick black anodized layer. They include all the stock features except one. They have the recesses for the pedal angle shims. They don't have the (not sure what the term is) flat portion of the through hole where the axle rod goes. So all that keeps the rods frictioned up enough to stay up when stowed is the set screw. Looks like it will be more than sufficient. 

They solved one of my two gripes about the V13: the top heaviness. They took 12 long days to get here, but it was worth the wait.

Next post: question about the other gripe.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:14 PM, Forwardnbak said:

Grizzla have a new seat for the V13 they are sending one to look at. Just testing atm, haven't seen it or know much yet. 

I'd be interested to see what the design is. I like the stock seat a lot. It's a pretty genius design. I keep it installed always because there's no need to remove for trolleying or lifting...

But if Grizzla improves it, that's commendable.

• Like 1

I agree I still find the stock seat pretty great tbh, it has never fallen off, I can still use the trolley handle while it's there (a little hard) . 

My V11 seat fell off mid roll and that was that.

I am always impressed Grizzla seem to be spinning their hands in heaps of new ideas at once. 

It will be interesting to see how it looks. 

• Like 1