Deleted

PLEASE_DELETE

On 9/1/2021 at 4:41 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

So what have I said that was misinformation?

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

On 8/31/2021 at 5:21 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

You guys seem to be about a year behind the UK at the moment. It will start off with you getting friendly warnings from the police then, before you know it, you'll suddenly find the road blocked and everyone on an EUC or escooter getting fined, their wheels confiscated and the serious risk of having your driving license revoked.

In reality, e-scooters and e-bikes were just officially legalized. Instead of getting warnings from the police, they got explicit approval from both the NY legislature and governor.

If you don't even know that e-scooters and e-bikes were legalized in NY, you have no business lecturing New Yorkers in this discussion. You literally don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

I rode up on a parks dept ranger going around the back bay in Newport Beach. I was on a fort trail and he told me I couldn't ride it on the hiking trails, that I looked like a lot of fun and he lete ride it back to the paved bike trail. This was a couple of days ago.

So far out here is southern California everyone seems to be cool about them on paved bike trails, just not off road in state parks. 

Not knowing how this will play out though has me holding off an a 5th wheel though. I don't have a bunch of mod to long range wheels so I'd like to add another so when my dad rides with me we can go on longer rides. He likes my 16s, but wishes it was faster and had more range. We usually go on a 25 mile rides, occasionally a 30 but for the 16s to make 30 miles you really need to stay under 15mph and that gets old quick. 

I'd hate to spend money on a better wheel for him (and me to have too haha) only to get booted from all the bike trails we have out here.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, Treatz said:

This is a nice example of someone with a blind spot. Others know exactly what I’m saying and I’ll just leave it there.

I didn't see any post of yours in this thread, so I guess I really do have a blind spot. I literally don't know what you're saying or what this is in reference to. Nevermind, I get it now.

No, it's not a blind spot to ignore people who post blatant misinformation and then refuse to admit they made any mistake. I prefer conversations with people who know what they're talking about. Obviously if you aren't here to have an informed discussion then you're free to do otherwise...

Edited by Skeptikos

On 9/3/2021 at 8:02 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

Missing you already; whoever you are. Remember to keep taking the pills.

Can't believe I would mute this outstanding member of the community, who is most definitely not a troll. Huge blind spot on my part

I feel like this thread is mainly focusing on the technicality of the word "illegal" in the DOT graphic. The argument being that the more accurate term is "unregulated" since EUC/esk8/OW has never been explicitly banned. I think this is a pretty pedantic and moot point seeing as our wheels don't strictly meet road regulations and what really matters is whether we are worth cracking down on. 

I haven't really seen any enforcement on anything other than those seated motor scooters yet, but I admit the police cars parked on the bike paths of the Brooklyn and Williamsburg bridges do scare me for example. 

When I see them while taking one of these bridges I usually dismount and walk my wheel just in case even though they've never approached me. From what I've seen though they're only there to scare off the seated scooters so far, but you never know what they'll take issue with next. 

• Like 1

NYC riderz should be posting not about how fast, and how close they get to pedestrians. It is now time for a Public Relations (PR) campaign to improve the acceptance of EUCs. 

Post articles about how helpful EUCs are:

• Easily integrate into Bike Lane infrastructure
  • Help people with mobility problems and handicapped individuals
  • Clean Electric Vehicles do not pollute
  • EUC riders are polite and make a positive contribution to society
  • Clean Wholesome fun, great for the family to ride together.
  • Urban Planners love "THe last mile" for getting to work
    • NYC needs to entice people back to the office
    • NYC needs to encourage more nightlife and people attending events
    • How easily EUCs integrate with NYC Mass Transit (@MTA)

If you see a nice post about EUCs on any platform, make sure to reply and include the NYC DOT (@NYC_DOT)

Instead of acting like "Alley Cats" we will need to behave like "Boy Scouts" and encouraging positive feelings about EUCs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Have you seen the recent video of all assorted PEVs, attending a regular organized weekly meet, to race in a tunnel, some for pink slips?

Not sure they are going to behave like boy scouts.

I'm trying to be positive. You are correct about the videos of PEVs doing some illegal acts or dangerous stunts. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
54 minutes ago, Kingsong16XNYC said:

Got stopped (along side other EUC and Onewheel riders) and fined on the Queensboro bridge today. Is this the new normal? The Cops don’t seem to know either.

It looks like the piece of shit pigs are busy dealing with euc riders instead of rapes,shootings and smash and grabs in New York City 

Also interested to know how much the fine was for, ridiculous. I would've just turned around and left as soon as I saw the checkpoint.

Unfortunately they are in the right, at least by the law. In New York EUC's are classified as motor vehicles, and we're unregistered at that. They could throw the book at us if they really wanted to.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws

"Every vehicle operated or driven upon a public
highway which is propelled by any power other than muscular power,
except" and we do not meet any of those exceptions. Hopefully this stops and doesn't get worse, I'd rather not have to run from the cops every day

Edited by TantasStarke