Will EUCs ever become collectable? If so which model?

GothamMike

My guess is ANY Gotway thats over 10 yrs old. It would more than likely be a rare find, for various reasons :whistling:

Seriously tho. I'd suspect that MAYBE the S18 and perhaps a sherman? The z10 seems like it could as well. ANY of the very first, VERY first, in minty, may one day be. I do think there's much better investments for profit tho. But ANY excuse to buy another euc, is cool by me!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Rockwheel GR 16 and GR 12

They have a gear system and are therefore pretty special. And they are extremely rare.

Edited by Boris Lämpel
  • Like 1

ninebot one e+, Z10, rockwheel gt16, gotway acm2, inmotion v3pro, an s18 that works xD

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

an s18 that works

This! Although, since KS is coming out with a new suspension wheel possibly as soon as in a few months, it could render the S18 futile.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

The past history of collectible motorcycles, automobiles, musical instruments, and early computers would suggest prototypes and the first of a production line might, but likely not, be collectible by the generations following us. I think a good analogy is trying to collect and sell IKEA furniture. The crappy particle board that's cheap but gets thrown away after five years isn't collectible. The more expensive solid wood furniture with interesting or curious design choices...maybe especially if it never got unpacked. Most mass-produced items from China aren't collectible since the next batch will be both cheaper and functionally better.

Most collectibles don't sell for more now than when new; money inflation means that items double in price somewhere between 20 to 30 years. Most collectibles were picked up in an estate or a foreclosure sale for a few dollars, then sold for not much more, and certainly far less than what they were worth when new when adjusted for inflation.

That's not to say you can't make money; my neighbor buys stuff at estate sales and sells them for astounding prices, like sometimes a few thousand dollars per month. However, she let someone else take the inflation and depreciation hit (used stuff bought new long ago) and only ever buys known jewelry and known musical instruments. Everything else is just junk, especially book.

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

This! Although, since KS is coming out with a new suspension wheel possibly as soon as in a few months, it could render the S18 futile.

This is the topic I am most interested in, as I am definitely looking for suspension for my next wheel, being riding on DC's crappy roads and my aging knees, but also wary of purchasing a first batch of a new wheel. Even if the shortages resolve and they get a new wheel or two out that resolve the shortcomings of the s-18, batches 2-3 are not going to roll out until 2022.

• Like 1

I think it's too much of a lottery with EUCs to make money. There's also no evidence that they have (or ever will have) a collectable value. You're far more likely just to end up with a wheel that's out of date, with a battery slowly dying and simply taking up space. Most people who collector things are those at a certain age who are looking for something that appealed in their youth but that they couldn't afford at the time or for things that were under appreciated at the time and produced in tiny numbers. I can't think of many electrical items that fall into those categories. If I had to pick one though then I'd also go for the Z10.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Quit stoking the expensive fires of hope... :furious:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, litewave said:

Ninebot E+ all the way. It was the first (nearly) indestructible, versatile and fashionable wheel.

I change my vote. Had 2 of those awesome machines. So reliable. Wished I’d kept the limited edition version. 

51280734080_375140c7a9_b.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I change my vote. Had 2 of those awesome machines. So reliable. Wished I’d kept the limited edition version. 

Looking at your EUC list, you still have plenty of potential for a flaming wheel!   ;)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Looking at your EUC list, you still have plenty of potential for a flaming wheel!   ;)

Hey buddy! Long time. Always loved your sense of humor. :cheers: Remember … paybacks are a bitch.;)

51279965928_2a17b3f555_b.jpg

• Like 2

I know it just came out, and I’m probably biased because I have one, but I’m gonna say the Begode/AlienRides collaboration Nik+ 2700 Wh. Such a great overall package. I don’t think they’re gonna have this size battery on 16” wheel ever again outside of modded wheels, but unlike those wheels, this one is an official model. Has the black motherboard and that sweet additional LED ring too.

• Like 1

I think customized Gotway wheels … documented battery upgrades. Candy shells, bespoke parts, and waterproofing upgrades. 

i read that Gotway boards aren’t fussy with having a data signal to a proprietary BMS. This means it’s easier to connect batteries and have the wheel working in 10 years time… good luck getting V11 batteries made.

say someone put EX suspension onto a Monster Pro and had a cage on it. $$$$$

Kuji Rolls signed RS Torque with a pair of his sneakers. 

Edited by Kekafuch
  • Like 1