Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Seems they changed their mind, all for the better IMO, Velcro is a better solution all the way (not included), more flexibility and easier to change to other pads.

Velcro should be included in the production series, perhaps someone could suggest this to KS (will prebuy, but would be nice).

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Upvote 2

Seems everybody who commented on Eevee's video is getting a free S20!!!   It's a scam spammer....  Look at the comments.

Edited by Paradox
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Paradox said:

I would love to see pictures of your stand.

Thanks!

I included it in my post. It's at the bottom, last pictures..

Thicker bottom = higher it will stand.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago

Congratulations 🎉 You have been selected as the random winner of the kingsong S20 Eagle EUC. Send me a message via the above number so we can sort this out.

Text Me ➀➆➄➃➁➀➅➇➂➄➃

There might be people that would believe it.

People can believe all sorts of things on the internet.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(hid phone number)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Tawpie said:

About the only thing that came up was starting from a stop one rider (who relies heavily on instantaneous torque for their riding) could get it to 'flick'... the wheel caught up and didn't cutout so it wasn't the end of the world, but it isn't perfect.

Other riders couldn't replicate this with the stock pads but most felt that with 'personal' pads it'd probably happen. When moving at a slow jogging pace however, the wheel didn't do this (with the stock pads).

Thanks for the impression 🙏👏

Pedals dipping forward when flicking/at low speed can be done with every wheel, but it happens easier in some wheels than others of course.

Did it beep just before or during the overpower condition tho? On any Inmotion or Kingsong wheel I would consider it a firmware bug if it doesn't.

In this video from eRides, it doesn't seem to beep before being overpowered (or seemingly ever) even at higher speeds which makes me concerned on the implementation of safety alarms.

At 3:45

17 hours ago, Tawpie said:

🙏👏

Edited by supercurio

32 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Did it beep just before or during the overpower condition tho?

No beeping, just a quick dip and recovery... the eRides video show it. The rider also demonstrated another interesting behavior: put wheel against a wall and push the top (force it to try to go when it absolutely can't). Keep pushing and it would flick forward then recover. Nobody knew what this was other than firmware was doing something... it didn't cutout or let out the magic smoke or beep. It would be very interesting if it was a tactile "you are about to be in deep deep do do" warning but who knows. Demo wheels, these are demos.

("do do" might not translate but there's a brown emoji for it)

• Like 1

looked pretty destructive... I'm assuming the shock was wrecked too? I'm hoping he's alright, he took the wheel in the back pretty good. Would have been a good validation test of the tether.

(for non-FB types)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

looked pretty destructive... I'm assuming the shock was wrecked too? I'm hoping he's alright, he took the wheel in the back pretty good. Would have been a good validation test of the tether.

(for non-FB types)

That was horrible to watch both seeing the rider fall and the S20 bouncing down the stairs.   I don't get the fascination with riders and stairs. I always find an alternative route to flights of stairs rather than risk trashing my wheel unnecessarily. Ramps are for wheels, stairs are for legs.  What's next . . . Taking them through a river?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lex Smith said:

That was horrible to watch both seeing the rider fall and the S20 bouncing down the stairs.   I don't get the fascination with riders and stairs. I always find an alternative route to flights of stairs rather than risk trashing my wheel unnecessarily. Ramps are for wheels, stairs are for legs.  What's next . . . Taking them through a river?

This wasn't even stairs but a large drop. Which the wheel I imagine could handle, but the issue was (seemingly) the suspension pogo'ing him forward as he landed with his COG behind the wheel. He wasn't yet ready to move forward but the rebound looks to have shuffled his feet further back on the pedals setting him up for a face plant.

5 minutes ago, Lex Smith said:

Why should we limit ourselves to the road?
I see bikers, skateboard and scooter riders jumping insane ramps, stairs and other features. This is what I love about sports. Exploring the unknown capabilities of our tools and capabilities. Of course, you must count with injuries, but that comes with doing risky stuff.
Be careful, do what you are capable of doing and improve with time :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Mike Leahy video from Facebook today, showing how the S20 can send big in the hands of an expert!  He is reportedly now a big fan of the wheel and going to be getting one for himself, a huge testament to the potential of the S20!

Im not sure when my KS20 pre-order arrive. Im sure these long/hi jumps are beyond my skills. Nice!

2 hours ago, Mango said:

The guy is claiming on Facebook that the crash is the result of the S20 cutting out upon landing. It looks more like 100% noob rider error to me.

I think it takes a little while to adjust to a wheel, to get the suspension dialed in for the rider, etc.  Chance is a skilled technical rider and the S20 firmware likely needs more tweaking, but I agree, this crash appears to primarily be rider error.

If he had more time and had the suspension dialed in for his weight and riding style I think he would 100% land that drop consistently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Ok, here is what happened with the S20. I was at the top of the stairs as I too was eyeing the drop. 

First, he did not have enough of a running start to clear the "Gap".

Second, he landed on the flat part of the hill which forced him to land straight to absorb the impact thus making the wheel brake (stop). When he then leaned forward to go down the rest of the hill, the wheel cut out. 

The current firmware doesn't allow you give it full throttle at start up.  So part firmware error and part rider error. 

If he would of landed just one more foot further out, he would have made it but then there was the issue of braking before the final drop. That's why I passed it up. :innocent1:

The wheel only suffered cosmetic damage. I was disappointed to find out I had no footage of the damage. (a few things I though I recorded didn't end up being recorded). The bumper got destroyed, the kickstand shoe, gone, and a headlight busted. Good news is that the wheel felt and drove like if nothing ever happened. No damage to the suspension linkage except for a few scraps at the corners. Super solid! The headlights are not made of plastic as originally stated. The headlight housing remained intact. only the cheap screws sheared off leaving the entire assembly in great shape. They are made out of alloy.

This wheel was totally capable of the drop just not executed correctly. 

I'll be back with video footage and answers to members ?s. Working on editing at the moment.  :efee6b18f3:

Any chance the wheel reversed directions in the air i.e. started to turn backwards? Landing flat like that, with the wheel turning int he wrong direction, seems like a recipe for wipe out! It might also cause a cut out...?

Edited by UniMe

Chance was OK by the way. The dirt was not compacted and the wheel rolled off his right side hitting his backpack. 

@Miko.cz We had ridden the wheel for about an hour before these attempts were made and where feeling confident with the wheel. We had done several runs going down the stairs as well which probably helped built his confidence a bit. :unsure:  

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UniMe said:

Any chance the wheel reversed directions in the air i.e. started to turn backwards? Landing flat like that, with the wheel turning int he wrong direction, seems like a recipe for wipe out! It might also cause a cut out...?

No, he just landed to a stop. You are supposed to keep your forward momentum. 

• Like 1