Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

7 hours ago, Tawpie said:

@5Cauac is going to get access (backscroll a page or two), and Eevee's is starting their west coast tour tonight so we should have a few folks from PDX that'll get at least a moment or two on the demo.

Ill be at the PDX demo tonight and will try to bring a tape measure.  Anything other than width people looking for?

12 minutes ago, Planemo said:

7. The 'rear handle'? Whats that about? A swingy lump of aluminium? What purpose?

That handle is the lift switch that keeps the wheel from spinning up when you pick it up.  Prior to assembly, they just need to round that sharp edge and heat shrink some plastic on the bracket that the handle hits.

I hope the plastics are at least a decent price point to replace. Surely they can’t expect to charge heaps for ongoing replacement parts.

third party is a good option for upgraded parts I hope. 

I know you’d be removing all the buffer for bumpers but could you ride it naked? Without all the plastics? 

it would be nice if after rumoured 90kph of the v13 they did bump the speed up a little. 

waterproofing even with IP rating on V11 didn’t hold up, I’d rather they don’t claim IP if they know it won’t hold up. 

…Kingsong, spare set of plastics in the box??? 

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 5Cauac said:

Well, if you want to take over my list, here are the latest ?s.

@5Cauac would you mind still trying to do my "get it back upright" test when you get your turn? You know what it's like out there in the single track, and the environment we'll be in after a rapid dismount. And you probably know how much fun it is to drag a wheel back up onto the trail after it decided to go 'down'... (I'm thinking I should carry at least a snatch block and rope, maybe a full blown block and tackle and a lot of rope! And a stake. And a hammer. Tools to fashion a travois perhaps)

Edited by Tawpie

59 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

would you mind still trying to do my "get it back upright" test when you get your turn?

For you.....Yes. 

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

And you probably know how much fun it is to drag a wheel back up onto the trail after it decided to go 'down'..

You can always go the tether route ala Chance Hinz. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

ala Chance Hinz.

Off topic I know, and controversial as well. But I kind of like the look of his tether... wondered what it's made of and how he's attached. You know, a thought experiment... being tied to a 75 lb weight isn't high on my to do list.

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Off topic I know, and controversial as well. But I kind of like the look of his tether... wondered what it's made of and how he's attached. You know, a thought experiment... being tied to a 75 lb weight isn't high on my to do list.

It's a bungee type with nylon sleeve. He claims it does not pull you down as much as you would think. The bungee action slows down the decent enough for you to anchor yourself. I believe he attaches at a suspension linkage but exactly were and with what I do not know. I'll be seeing him this Sunday at the Demo so I'll ask.

"And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Maybe how exposed/likelihood of serious damage to batteries in event of a crash?  How robust is the casing?  Thanks.

My guess is much better than all the wheels with plastic shells.

• Like 1

The talk about IP ratings is kinda funny, KS never said it's IP rated they said they've tried to make it water resistant which I think is true for most part, the motor cable cover that could easily be fixed by them or DIY so while it's a flaw it could easily be improved still.

In contrast Begode is saying that the master is "IP65", I mean come on, show us the certificate? It's a lengthy and costly process to get an IP rating certification, it might be waterproof for all I know but it's a bogus statement.

IP rating is something being thrown around, even my local dealer here in Sweden claims it and his waterproofings doesn't even work to begin with.

• Like 2

Don't know who or why this video was made.  This is the same video as the facebook post above.

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

Google translation of the above video description.

Brute force test
Are there any knights who specialize in car crash testing?
Can you help to share
Is such a test to understand the crashworthiness of the S20?
Or what professional test project?

This is beyond the professional scope of the knight store manager
Ask the knights

New Car Wholesale Group Purchase Purchasing Local Distribution
Interested knights welcome private message

Google translation of the above video youtube channel from the 'about' page.

Hello everyone, I'm Lu Zeguang, the knight's shopkeeper.
In 2019, I left my job to take care of my father. 
I am wise and intelligent. 
In March 2020, I will continue to use the knight shop manager to start a business because of my livelihood. 
I will continue to share the electric unicycles I know about for knights.

Glad to join Ruide Zhiqu in April 2016
During this time I tested related products in the store
Also made some records of my repairs
And my own life-related videos

2 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Google translation of the above video youtube channel from the 'about' page.

Thanks for the info.  Not something I would do to test the durability of my wheel.  I am guessing this is not a warranty covered repair.  It does show the fragility of the plastics.  To be fair though most wheels would experience damage under these tests.

• Like 2