Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

27 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Do we know the date this video was recorded?  According to EUCO, they have not discussed the oscillations with KS yet.  What I saw indicated rhey would be contacting them today. (source: comment in an IG post iirc).  

This posted yesterday is as far as my source goes:

Telegram_1UWDIsRNDD.thumb.png.d97010de986b2af0e8438369cec6259c.png

Edit: Also remember that EUCOs wheel is not the only one in the wild. I am sure they are getting similar feedback from elsewhere, even if this video is in no way connected to EUCOs wheel. Hell the video might not even have anything to do with the oscillations as far as I know before we get proof of the real source and intention of the video.

Edit 2: Video info shows this:

explorer_28O9cm9S2l.png.38c2455f9d03fa4997f5ad0a5edd14fb.png

Edited by Rolzi
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Rolzi said:

This posted yesterday is as far as my source goes:

Telegram_1UWDIsRNDD.thumb.png.d97010de986b2af0e8438369cec6259c.png

Edit: Also remember that EUCOs wheel is not the only one in the wild. I am sure they are getting similar feedback from elsewhere, even if this video is in no way connected to EUCOs wheel. Hell the video might not even have anything to do with the oscillations as far as I know before we get proof of the real source and intention of the video.

Edit 2: Video info shows this:

explorer_28O9cm9S2l.png.38c2455f9d03fa4997f5ad0a5edd14fb.png

Also, it is in the middle of CNY.  Do we believe that KS is working on this during CNY? I have a strong suspicion that this video of the rig is not new and the rumors that KS is already working on the oscillations is wishful thinking.  But I hope I am wrong.  I am eager to see the issue resolved, but to me the information isn't adding up for the current narrative.  

• Like 1

i was looking at Super Soco TSx and wondering how on earth is it priced almost the same as KS S20?

They both have almost identical battery and speed (tsx is limited because of the  law).

18-DVO_7774-Edit-scaled.jpg

Edited by beveik
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, beveik said:

i was looking at Super Soco TSx and wondering how on earth is it priced almost the same as KS S20?

They both have almost identical battery and speed (tsx is limited because of the  law).

18-DVO_7774-Edit-scaled.jpg

In perfect would euc's would cost half what they really are.. But as @nosamplesplease said it's "niche market" Aka not so many people own one VS people who have mopeds, motorcycles..

Heck.. Check "Onewheel GT" it cost ~2.200$ (It's real price should be 500$... xD)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

In perfect would euc's would cost half what they really are.. But as @nosamplesplease said it's "niche market" Aka not so many people own one VS people who have mopeds, motorcycles..

Heck.. Check one wheel X it cost ~2.200$ (It's real price should be 500$... xD

One wheel is a scared US company with no intention to innovate.

I take that back, they have innovated on value: down.

Really hate the lack of competition with that type of vehicle. What flavor of price gouge do you want?

6 minutes ago, nosamplesplease said:

One wheel is a scared US company with no intention to innovate.

I take that back, they have innovated on value: down.

Really hate the lack of competition with that type of vehicle. What flavor of price gouge do you want?

At one point i was thinking of buying one for 2.200$.. Before i found out about EUC's.. 2x speed, 4x range, bigger wheel. So much better in all espects. Onewheel is a scam. xD As they don't have competition they can make 500$ item cost 2500+ xD

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, nosamplesplease said:

60v battery. 1900w motor, shared parts with motorcycles easier to get bulk prices,asier to sell with marketing.

Expected sell through is much higher.

Not much new or exciting whatsoever IMO.

Old tech compared to what is in the s20: 126v, 3300w motor, no shared parts with anything, niche market no bulk discounts on parts.

that puts things into perspective, thanks. The learning curve that makes euc's niche product means prices will not go down any time soon

• Like 2

Might need to find out what the prices are for an EUC in China for the domestic market.

The purpose of the KS geo locking was to prevent grey imports.

Vendors on Aliexpress selling to foreigners only need to undercut overseas vendors marginally.  

Price discovery of Chinese domestic marker might be possible from Chinese language websites.

21 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Might need to find out what the prices are for an EUC in China for the domestic market.

The purpose of the KS geo locking was to prevent grey imports.

Vendors on Aliexpress selling to foreigners only need to undercut overseas vendors marginally.  

Price discovery of Chinese domestic marker might be possible from Chinese language websites.

Funny thing, euc on Aliexpress are still more expensive than in my country.. :D 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, beveik said:

What do you think the top speed would be if not limited by the law?  28 mph is law limited?  I wonder what law that is.  From an engineering perspective, if you are capped on top speed by the law you can save money on the product.  For example you can have smaller and cheaper motor(s).

The S20 top speed is 43 mph?  Quite a huge difference.  I wonder how battery management systems compare.  Since the unicycle can hurt you more badly if it craps out, I would hope that it has redundant circuitry and or fault management.  Things that can be skipped on the moped.

Edited by DanCar

54 minutes ago, DanCar said:

What do you think the top speed would be if not limited by the law?

at least 45 mph (72 km/h), apparently. Note that a motorcycle can go as close to freespin as you wish [you will just run out of torque] while an EUC has to reserve some headroom for safety.

6 hours ago, beveik said:

how on earth is it priced almost the same as KS S20?

They both have almost identical battery and speed

The TSX has a 1900W, 3000W peak motor, which is much lower than the S20 - 3300W, 7500W peak. Frankly, the TSX is between the 16S and Gotway Tesla in terms of power and torque. The mediocre performance is exacerbated by the considerable extra weight of the e-motorcycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanCar said:

From an engineering perspective, if you are capped on top speed by the law you can save money on the product.

High performing product requires greater attention to detail in design and higher build quality. Therefore, high performing products tend to perform better in less demanding circumstances. There is now almost a universal push in the community for higher quality and I like what it will force the manufacturers to do with their production cultures.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

High performing product requires greater attention to detail in design and higher build quality.

Judging by the number of battery fires, blown mosfets, suspension niggles and bearing failures we get - I don't think "attention to detail in design" and "high build quality" are really driving factors in EUC design. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I really like that French guy's videos. He actually reminds me of the cool character in the 80's cult film Diva. However he doesn't ride the wheel at all in the video and the wheel is a prototype rather than the finished item.

For those who didn’t see it, and those of us who remember still, a little excerpt…

https://youtu.be/2hsmoo97CVA

55 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

This may help clear things up - directly from the man himself.

Screenshot_20220208-100938_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, would you mind sharing the permalink to the discussion or that post? I can't find it, and I'm trying to figure out when this was posted.