Anyone using armored pants?

2 hours ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Could you link those please? I might give them a go

These might be easier to get here in the US from a manufacturer called Bohn Body Armor. They have armor for different seasons meant for wearing under pants. Might be expensive.

https://www.bohnarmor.com/product/cool-air-mesh-armored-riding-pants/

Edit: it looks like they are offering %15 off for Halloween (code: boo)

Edited by rogueone
coupon code
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, I_Must_Bust said:

Has anybody had the armor pockets altered in their pants? I decided to upgrade to d30 and the pockets don't fit my new pads. Thinking maybe a tailor could just do it for me. I could cut the armor but I'd rather hold onto the extra coverage

Scope these for a starting point perhaps...

PAN-10110-M-front.jpg

Motorcyclegear.com has some on close out. $129. Mesh pants and over pants. Don’t know if they’re any good or not, I already bought Demon’s hip belt thing so for now am satisfied enough just strapping on knee pads to complete the lower half. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble with my armoured pants (Icon corduroy jeans and winter high visibility pants form AliExpress) : the knee fittings are usually much too low because they are made for motorcycle riding, as was mentioned in this thread. Has anyone found jeans or pants that fit EUC riding out of the box? The lazyrolling ones perhaps?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

I am having trouble with my armoured pants (Icon corduroy jeans and winter high visibility pants form AliExpress) : the knee fittings are usually much too low because they are made for motorcycle riding, as was mentioned in this thread. Has anyone found jeans or pants that fit EUC riding out of the box? The lazyrolling ones perhaps?

My olympia mesh pants would have fit a normal human, out of the box. I had to have the waist taken in tho. Perhaps looking into lighter weight motorcycle (touring) or bicycle type? Most moto pants are for that crouch position and we dont ride that low unless seated. Is it a HUGE taks to sew some bullshit pockets or extend the ones in them?

3 hours ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

I use the Lazyrolling slim cargo pants (green). Some of the riders in the group do so as well. They are designed for use standing.
They have an inner adjustable knee pocket for placement of the pad. The only negative thing I can say about them is that they tend to corkscrew inward a bit on my legs. I could probably fix that by putting them on better. So while riding I sometimes need to twist the pads out a bit as I ride a bit ducktoed.

My XLMoto chinos are a bit low so I will need to do some adjustment on them.

@Rawnei how about your XLMoto Aramid Course Wasteland Jeans?
Do they fit right around the knee?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I use the Lazyrolling slim cargo pants (green). Some of the riders in the group do so as well. They are designed for use standing.
They have an inner adjustable knee pocket for placement of the pad. The only negative thing I can say about them is that they tend to corkscrew inward a bit on my legs. I could probably fix that by putting them on better. So while riding I sometimes need to twist the pads out a bit as I ride a bit ducktoed.

My XLMoto chinos are a bit low so I will need to do some adjustment on them.

@Rawnei how about your XLMoto Aramid Course Wasteland Jeans?
Do they fit right around the knee?

Both my Course Wasteland and Drifters fits really good, the kneepad is adjustable in height due to multiple velcros you can open/close to position them so you can adjust them to fit you best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

not what you're asking here but I did get good results from the tailor. Might be worth a shot rather than buy new pants. Just make sure you know exactly what you want

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Both my Course Wasteland and Drifters fits really good, the kneepad is adjustable in height due to multiple velcros you can open/close to position them so you can adjust them to fit you best.

I have this on my armored hoodie but not my mesh jacket and it makes a world of difference.

Edited by I_Must_Bust
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I have taken my jeans to the clothes repair shop, also to get the waist size down, doesn't help that they tend to drop while riding 🙂. I will also try to make the knee protections stay in place with double sided tape on the thick high vis mc pants. Considering the non slim Lazyrolling pants but they look a little pricey (189usd without protections, presumably I could reuse the standard d3o ones I have.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

Thanks for the replies. I have taken my jeans to the clothes repair shop, also to get the waist size down, doesn't help that they tend to drop while riding 🙂. I will also try to make the knee protections stay in place with double sided tape on the thick high vis mc pants. Considering the non slim Lazyrolling pants but they look a little pricey (189usd without protections, presumably I could reuse the standard d3o ones I have.)

If your are not going to get the slim from Lazy then don't bother! The slim are king... they look awesome. 

Check out XLMoto they have nice chinos, jeans, etc.
Instead of double sided tape try some nice heavy duty velcro. 
Damn I need to buy velcro! It would solve like three problems that I have right now haha.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFMM11C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wear these over my pants, they have good hip and knee protection and are not too warm, I just wear extra layers in winter.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:13 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

If your are not going to get the slim from Lazy then don't bother! The slim are king... they look awesome. 

Why not? Aesthetics or protection? (pads moving around, etc.). I'm seriously considering some LazyRolling Cargo pants but I've never been a fan of slim pants

I bought and received those black aramid jeans, at a good price:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/184418113858

They are actually 'slim' which I don't mind because the knee protections don't move much at all and they stretch nicely (still requires quite a bit of wriggling to get them off.)

Too bad the knee protections can't be removed from outside. Also the protections in place are far from d3o comfort...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Why not? Aesthetics or protection? (pads moving around, etc.). I'm seriously considering some LazyRolling Cargo pants but I've never been a fan of slim pants

Haha it's just because I like the slim pants so much. :roflmao:

I will swing by Lazyrolling and try out the cargo pants this week. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 4:26 AM, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

The pads should be below your knee. That’s how it’s supposed to be for pants. When you fall on your knees you ALWAYS fall on a bent knee. Bend your knees and you’ll see that the pad “magically” provides coverage for your knee.

If you adjust the knee pad to where it’s covering your knee while standing then when you do fall it won’t provide correct coverage. You’ll bend your knee and the pads will be too far up when you crash. 

Edited by Darrell Wesh

7 hours ago, Fntmsgotwaymten3 said:

I bought and received those black aramid jeans, at a good price:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/184418113858

They are actually 'slim' which I don't mind because the knee protections don't move much at all and they stretch nicely (still requires quite a bit of wriggling to get them off.)

Too bad the knee protections can't be removed from outside. Also the protections in place are far from d3o comfort...

I bought similar pants that I mentioned earlier in this thread... I was able to get some generic d30 pads but they didn't fit initially so I had to have the pockets altered

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 5:01 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha it's just because I like the slim pants so much. :roflmao:

I will swing by Lazyrolling and try out the cargo pants this week. 

Can you go in there with your wife and try to convince them to make one nice-looking style of women's pants and one women's fit hoodie? I know they won't sell lots of units but I really, really want some nice urban/normal looking women's fit armoured pants that you can remove the knee pads from the outside (the cargo pants have zips). I would buy both pants and hoodie immediately and have them shipped all the way to New Zealand!

I mean, they don't even have to be any different from the current men's designs, just fit properly in the waist, hips and crotch. It's soo hard to find normal looking clothing that has protection but that you can also wear comfortably all day.

4 hours ago, Ek. said:

Can you go in there with your wife and try to convince them to make one nice-looking style of women's pants and one women's fit hoodie? I know they won't sell lots of units but I really, really want some nice urban/normal looking women's fit armoured pants that you can remove the knee pads from the outside (the cargo pants have zips). I would buy both pants and hoodie immediately and have them shipped all the way to New Zealand!

I mean, they don't even have to be any different from the current men's designs, just fit properly in the waist, hips and crotch. It's soo hard to find normal looking clothing that has protection but that you can also wear comfortably all day.

Here's a funny story. I have been helping out Lazyrolling for the past 3 weeks now. They had a terrible backlog of tickets. I've handled worse but this was still really bad for a two man company. It has taken me 122 solid hours of grinding so far.

So last Friday I brought home a pair of 30/30 armored casual pants and 30/30 armored slim cargo in black. I tried both on and they fit perfectly. I got home, asked Monika to try them on and they fit her perfectly. Not only that but they looked great on her. Though for some reason she prefers the level 1 knee pads, while I prefer the level 2. Personally I do not like the hip protectors so I don't use them but of course the next day I fell at a skate park and landed on my hip lol.

The zippers on the pants are on the outside so the kneepads are removable from the oustide. With the level 2 being easier to remove but since they are softer and comfier I just keep them in lol. So I am in the office all day in armored pants with knee pads on.

I'll ask her to try them on again so I can take a couple of photos.

I can ask her to try the hoodie. I got her the armored reflective jacket and she loves it and it looks great on her too.

I tried the hoodie yesterday as I have been working on making sure all sizing info and wording relative to size is correct on their site:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8ww8NMPou/

Edited by Mike Sacristan
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 10:36 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

Here's a funny story. I have been helping out Lazyrolling for the past 3 weeks now. They had a terrible backlog of tickets. I've handled worse but this was still really bad for a two man company. It has taken me 122 solid hours of grinding so far.

So last Friday I brought home a pair of 30/30 armored casual pants and 30/30 armored slim cargo in black. I tried both on and they fit perfectly. I got home, asked Monika to try them on and they fit her perfectly. Not only that but they looked great on her. Though for some reason she prefers the level 1 knee pads, while I prefer the level 2. Personally I do not like the hip protectors so I don't use them but of course the next day I fell at a skate park and landed on my hip lol.

The zippers on the pants are on the outside so the kneepads are removable from the oustide. With the level 2 being easier to remove but since they are softer and comfier I just keep them in lol. So I am in the office all day in armored pants with knee pads on.

I'll ask her to try them on again so I can take a couple of photos.

I can ask her to try the hoodie. I got her the armored reflective jacket and she loves it and it looks great on her too.

I tried the hoodie yesterday as I have been working on making sure all sizing info and wording relative to size is correct on their site:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8ww8NMPou/

Sounds like you're putting in the hard yards for a good cause :) Also sounds like LR are doing very well, which is good news!

I am also a size 30/30, and it would be awesome to see some pics of Monica in the slim cargo. I am 5'6" (and a half), 68kg, 38-30-38. My biggest fit-related worries are that the slim cargos would be too small in the hips with too much fabric/too long in the fly. For the hoodie I worry that to get enough room in the chest it would be too big in the shoulders. I already have a MC jacket so the pants are the priority for me, though I do like the look of the hoodie.

Your video was also super-helpful as men's protective gear (i.e. knee pads) is often sized for skinny chicken legs so it's hard to tell how they will fit on thighs. There's no poultry in that video, if you don't mind my saying :) Still, the best idea of fit will obviously be to see a woman wearing them. Many thanks for your help!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, Ek. said:

Sounds like you're putting in the hard yards for a good cause :) Also sounds like LR are doing very well, which is good news!

I am also a size 30/30, and it would be awesome to see some pics of Monica in the slim cargo. I am 5'6" (and a half), 68kg, 38-30-38. My biggest fit-related worries are that the slim cargos would be too small in the hips with too much fabric/too long in the fly. For the hoodie I worry that to get enough room in the chest it would be too big in the shoulders. I already have a MC jacket so the pants are the priority for me, though I do like the look of the hoodie.

I grabbed myself some casual 30/28 yesterday. 30/30 is out of stock. But i'm a short guy so they work perfectly.

Here is Monika riding in the casual 30/30 and a size Small Armored Reflective Jacket. I would say of all the jackets the reflective is the least flattering because of the way the reflective material behaves and also the contrast between black and grey makes the shoulder and upper chest look bigger than it is. 

I'll get her measurements tomorrow and also take some photos with the casual and the slim cargo.
She is an A/B cup. Here is a link to her Instagram so you can see her body type:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIPalbvHzm0

As for the hoodie... I can get her to try one. And we will have to do a 38" chest simulation. :roflmao:

On 12/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, Ek. said:

Your video was also super-helpful as men's protective gear (i.e. knee pads) is often sized for skinny chicken legs so it's hard to tell how they will fit on thighs. There's no poultry in that video, if you don't mind my saying :) Still, the best idea of fit will obviously be to see a woman wearing them. Many thanks for your help!

Thanks! :lol: I obsess way too much about my body lol. A couple more cm around my thighs and I would be super happy. Just need to train legs harder for 2 years haha.