Anyone using armored pants?

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I had never heard it before. I googled it though and found a music video and a wikipedia article. :lol:

Haha I think you got it :) It was the pic you posted of the archetypal 'male model pose' that done me.

I'm only jealous Mike, you have an envious physique and level of fitness that I have less to no chance of obtaining!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Planemo said:

Haha I think you got it :) It was the pic you posted of the archetypal 'male model pose' that done me.

I'm only jealous Mike, you have an envious physique and level of fitness that I have less to no chance of obtaining!

Super kind and nice of you to write such a thing. I am very terrible when it comes to punishing myself.
Working my ass off helping LR to catch up! Pretty much back on track now... just gotta hit the gym. It's my only therapy.
I can't hide behind doing 180's on the MSX forever.

I lol:ed at the archetypal thing... :roflmao:

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, Ek. said:

Sounds like you're putting in the hard yards for a good cause :) Also sounds like LR are doing very well, which is good news!

I am also a size 30/30, and it would be awesome to see some pics of Monica in the slim cargo. I am 5'6" (and a half), 68kg, 38-30-38. My biggest fit-related worries are that the slim cargos would be too small in the hips with too much fabric/too long in the fly. For the hoodie I worry that to get enough room in the chest it would be too big in the shoulders. I already have a MC jacket so the pants are the priority for me, though I do like the look of the hoodie.

Your video was also super-helpful as men's protective gear (i.e. knee pads) is often sized for skinny chicken legs so it's hard to tell how they will fit on thighs. There's no poultry in that video, if you don't mind my saying :) Still, the best idea of fit will obviously be to see a woman wearing them. Many thanks for your help!

@Ek. here is my latest episode showing Monika wearing the 30/30 casual, slim cargo, size small jacket, and her chest, natural waist, jeans waist and hip measurements are in the video description.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, Planemo said:

Don't beat yourself up Planemo. Mike will never be tall and his man bun speaks volumes :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 5:26 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I use armored mesh pants. They are the bees knees in comfort and ease. My biggest issue is they arent magic and i still have to take the few moments to put them on. They unzip so I can put them on over shoes, but its still just too much effort for me. Another issue is mesh is cold in winter. Glorious in summer tho. I have knees and hips installed (d30) in them.  I dont have any decent pics of me in them (of coure i dont), but i do wear them in a vid or two. I think my last sherman ride to the gas station, I bothered to fully 'kit' up. Olympia made mine, my mother had to hem them to fit my gumby ass. They are supposed to be 'motorcycle' pants, but i think they are pretty minimal for that. Tho I dont care much at all, so they are for my supermoto too. Pants that dont fit = pads that move = pointless.  For more protection, I can remove the d30 in the pant knees and wear my scott d30 kneepads under. Kneepads that strap tight to your skin are still more safety than fitting pants with pads. Worthy compromise sometimes tho. Forget about worrying if the pants COME with d30, your choices will be limited. Just be sure they come with pockets for pads, and invest in d30 (not micromesh, d30 brand!) to fit. Expensive yes, but i move my d30 from summer to winter jacket and I'll more than likely buy some winter pants and do same swap with them and mesh. Not sure tho, I was contemplating that last night. Maybe I should by some badass redneck coveralls and just wear them bitches over my mesh pants. Hi thermal coveralls are more a lifesaver in winter than a cell phone in my book. We keep a pair in every car. I call it my 'walking blankets'...

Don’t be embarrassed and use Long John’s under them in Winter. I use them and it’s great....a tribute to my grandpa. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Don’t be embarrassed and use Long John’s under them in Winter. I use them and it’s great....a tribute to my grandpa. 

I wear them under my jeans when I ride in cold weather. Can't let the cold stop you from riding

• Like 2

Helpful videos, thanks Mike!

Looks like these garments are properly unisex (not too much sausage space and plenty of seal pup space). Really helpful to have measurements where you can see exactly how you measured as everyone has a different idea of "jeans waist" measurement.

Edited by Ek.

14 hours ago, Ek. said:

Helpful videos, thanks Mike!

Looks like these garments are properly unisex (not too much sausage space and plenty of seal pup space). Really helpful to have measurements where you can see exactly how you measured as everyone has a different idea of "jeans waist" measurement.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Just got the Lazyrolling black jeans I pre-ordered in December.

They look great, have some decent stretch and very comfy while still on the 'slimer' side. They seem less warm and are much more flexible than the typical mc jeans, but still have quite a bit of Kevlar, I think.

Size 32 34 as usual for my jeans (for ex. Boss sizing) is perfect. A bit disappointed the level 1 armour isn't better quality (I always put d3o or knox microlock spares anyway though) and that the knee protections aren't removable from the outside (biggest downer for the price.)