InMotion V11

gon2fast

23 hours ago, Chriull said:

You see the "broken" leg?

Damn, that's what I get for checking the forum on my phone--photo so small I completely didn't see the break. Yikes.

Edited by AtlasP

On 11/18/2021 at 10:56 PM, AtlasP said:

Damn, that's what I get for checking the forum on my phone--photo so small I completely didn't see the break. Yikes.

Glasses buddy. :cheers:

If that doesn't work... Magnifying glasses:w00t2:

• 2 weeks later...

So around three weeks ago I bought a brand new V11. The instruction manual (which was only in french) showed a production date of "2021  -05-  20" whatever that means. I assume 20th of May 2021. The trouble is that the rear left threaded hole for the screw that attaches the left padded saddle to the frame is broken. I have heard that those attachment points are very weak and that they were supposed to be fixed after the first batch, first with a makeshift metal bracket reinforcement, then with a more solid solution. Does anybody have any idea why there is no such improvement on my wheel? For what its worth I got the wheel at a steep discount because the outer packaging (the brown cardboard ones) was badly damaged. The inner, coloured box was like new and the wheel itself seemed brand new too.

Edited by mhpr262

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

So around three weeks ago I bought a brand new V11. The instruction manual (which was only in french) showed a production date of "2021  -05-  20" whatever that means. I assume 20th of May 2021. The trouble is that the rear left threaded hole for the screw that attaches the left padded saddle to the frame is broken. I have heard that those attachment points are very weak and that they were supposed to be fixed after the first batch, first with a makeshift metal bracket reinforcement, then with a more solid solution. Does anybody have any idea why there is no such improvement on my wheel? For what its worth I got the wheel at a steep discount because the outer packaging (the brown cardboard ones) was badly damaged. The inner, coloured box was like new and the wheel itself seemed brand new too.

Yeah one of mine came broken right outta the box too. Terrible design. It doesn’t really affect the ride ultimately. 

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Have you ever rode an EUC on the treadmill? :efefd0f676: If so, easy or hazardous??

Sort of, used an old treadmill to get past the speed lock on some older KS wheels. I would not do it again, but would happily watch someone else!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evidently the new board is trying to call home. I was messing around with my Tesla trying to figure out why it rides like chit earlier. I figured a recalibration might fix my issue since that is something I rarely, if ever, do. The Begode application was throwing a bunch of errors so I switched to DB. The V11, sitting at the opposite end of the garage powered off, instantly was detected and connected to the application. No power or voltage. I remembered seeing something about having to connect the IM application to the wheel to validate a new board, so I tested the IM application. It connected with the same issues. Nice to see some life in the wheel without a big pop LOL.

On a side note, I figured out the issue with the Tesla. I had a new tire installed when a local shop repaired some battery cabling. The geniuses installed the directional tire backwards. Proof that if you want something done right, do it your damn self. 

I will ride it backwards until my issues with the V11 are resolved (got to keep the fleet up and running).

@gon2fast, I assume you’ve replaced only the driver board. The first thing you must do is to upgrade the firmware, since you might have two different firmware on the two boards (mainboard and driver board).

Then once you get the wheel powered on properly, lay the wheel down on its side and do the motor self correction, and finally a horizontal calibration while the wheel is leaning on the kickstand.

I would also suggest that since many people have disassembled the V11 before you, that you’d watch a guide video for how to do it without going back and forth while figuring it all out yourself. No point on reinventing the wheel…

• Like 2