InMotion V11

gon2fast

46 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Thank you. A 275lb slab of concrete dropped on my left foot (spotter wandered off. Wife says that I can't fire my Son, lol). Ironically got notification that my Sherman will be shipping out next week. Needless to say I have already started PT, LOL.

I will be that guy riding the V11/MSP/Sherman with an air boot on!

Fire his ass, lessons need be learned. If it were someone else, I would imagine you'd be wanting to do more than just that. Besides, don't people have kids so THEY can be the spotter themselves? Sounds like we know who the REAL boss is don't we? :laughbounce2: Maybe you have found a new way to get by without power pads? Wear a boot!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

Thank you. A 275lb slab of concrete dropped on my left foot (spotter wandered off. Wife says that I can't fire my Son, lol). Ironically got notification that my Sherman will be shipping out next week. Needless to say I have already started PT, LOL.

I will be that guy riding the V11/MSP/Sherman with an air boot on!

Hope you recover form that. 

And maybe time to update your EUC list in your profile :cheers:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fire his ass, lessons need be learned. If it were someone else, I would imagine you'd be wanting to do more than just that. Besides, don't people have kids so THEY can be the spotter themselves? Sounds like we know who the REAL boss is don't we? :laughbounce2: Maybe you have found a new way to get by without power pads? Wear a boot!

If only I had the balls to say that to my wife (she justified his wandering)... then my other foot would be broken as well, LOL. 

Edited by gon2fast
hard to find the edit button post update...

On 11/9/2020 at 4:15 AM, gon2fast said:

Drat. I am out of the game for a bit. Broke my left foot in 2 places earlier this evening doing chores. Damnit...

Whaat, nooo! Damn you got heavy chores. So sorry to hear this!

Although, I'm pretty sure you'll be inventing genious ways to get back to riding, whatever the cost, in a week or so... I sure know I would. Well, maybe not in a week. Four... or three days.

On 11/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, mrelwood said:

Although, I'm pretty sure you'll be inventing genious ways to get back to riding, whatever the cost, in a week or so... I sure know I would. Well, maybe not in a week. Four... or three days.

I would assume 5 days, LOL. 

Back up plan is to build a seat for the V11 and shift to seated riding while my foot gets stronger.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

I am walking around in my Air Boot (no crutches!), but I think I am going to stay off the wheels for another week to be safe. 

The V11 with less shock pressure will be my go to wheel when I transition back. I guess that I will miss out on off-roading at first until I can transition back to my MSP.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, gon2fast said:

but I think I am going to stay off the wheels for another week to be safe. 

TO HELL WITH THAT!!!

I rode my MSP to the market earlier today without issue.  The V11 pedals were too high, LOL.

@TheBladeOfHades Can you tell me a bit more about the vibration you experienced in your v11 before you tightened motor mounts? My v11 has less than 100km and I

I've never opened it up, but maybe I should.

I'm asking because my motor has begun to groan a certain speeds (5-10mph), and putt at very low (walking) speeds like it's ticking, which it didn't do out of the box- it was smooth and silent at all speeds until the first cold night I went out for a ride.

I'm just wondering if that is anything like what you experienced. I'm not sure what to think at this point. 

• Like 1

Interesting. I have exactly the same feeling, it only does it at that speed not slower and not faster...I checked most of the screws but could not find any loose, also no idea how that could only come up at this particular speed. I would really like to know what causes this as the other V11 we have here does not do this at all.

After a week of my V11 sitting I am getting a massive amount of noise from the suspension guides/rails. Will have to look into some lubrication I suppose (I know WD-40 is not an option, LOL). 

As far as the issue that Dark Star is experiencing, I hope it is a simple fix (loose bolts or what not) versus the bearing issue that seems to plague all of the hollow core wheels. 

Hmm bearings.. I heard about the lack of water sealing in the first batch, but i didn't realize this was a pervasive problem with hollow core motor bearings. especially with so few miles on my v11. The groaning seems like some kind of resonance, it gets louder and then quiets down again after I pass through that low speed range. I suppose if it's a bearing that's not dangerous, but a hassle to repair.

The ticking/motorboating feels like what all electric motors do at very low speed, except these ticks are very big and obvious, even compared with other 19" wheels. Not even sure if these things are related. I'll post a video soon, maybe that will help us compare.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:44 AM, Dark Star said:

@TheBladeOfHades Can you tell me a bit more about the vibration you experienced in your v11 before you tightened motor mounts? My v11 has less than 100km and I

I've never opened it up, but maybe I should.

I'm asking because my motor has begun to groan a certain speeds (5-10mph), and putt at very low (walking) speeds like it's ticking, which it didn't do out of the box- it was smooth and silent at all speeds until the first cold night I went out for a ride.

I'm just wondering if that is anything like what you experienced. I'm not sure what to think at this point. 

In my case 6 of 8 bolts were loose to the motor causing the wheel to jitter because it could not centre itself to balance. The motor would just keep bolting forward and backwards to try and find balance but with the loose bolts it always went too far

• Like 2

A month ago a Amazon driver totaled one of my vehicles while I was out running errands. I just recently settled and am forced to shop for a replacement vehicle (big annoyance). Add in my foot being exploded (but healing nicely)... not really on my wheels right now, lol.

As a result the psi is holding just fine in the shocks/tire on my V11, my MSP is a different story. I assume that my seepage was from my weight while riding and also running elevated pressure in all chambers.

I fixed the tube valve/rim damage with some vinyl repair adhesive.

Suspension noise was from the lower guides getting caked in mud.

No bearing issues with limited exposure to moisture post fall in deep mud.

• Like 1

In light of high speed issues and/or other things...

I am only able to do a particular section under the freeway in my area (steep/bumpy declines/inclines) on my V11. 

Not the fastest, but a very capable wheel.

Keep in mind that I also own and adore the MSP HT.

Edited by gon2fast

• 2 weeks later...

My final post for this thread...

The V11 is a special wheel. I have enjoyed riding the wheel. There have been some headaches around maintenance and repairs, but I am not going to complain considering I was lucky enough to be included in the first wave (batch). 

I am not sure if I am going to keep this wheel. I would rather all of my wheels be 100V & large battery configurations so the EX is still on my radar. 

We are very spoiled with our selections right now, lol.

• Like 1

The v11 is so comfortable to ride, which was why I bought it. I do miss the feeling of direct connection with the pavement, but for relaxed cruising it's awesome.

My biggest complaint is that I feel like I'm on stilts when i ride it, even though the pedals aren't that much higher than any other wheel.

I'm hoping I'll get used to the height and find that my v11 becomes a regular choice, especially if I add a seat.

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping to sell this wheel in favor of a EX, but looks like I will be keeping my V11 for a while. I will disclose that my V11 is not a standard 1st batch as it has a different motor than most production units. I was not given any details on the difference, but I can validate that I have no bearing issues post exposure to moisture( During the first week of ownership I mistakenly rode through high pressure sprinklers [before the bearing issues were reported] and have had several mishaps in water/mud since then, lol). 

Hollow core motors are the future.

• Like 2

One of my biggest issues with the V11 is how noisy the suspension travel can be. I found a solution that works very well and does not make a big mess before and after application. I used White Lightning Easy Lube which is a wax based lubricant. I applied it with a cotton swab which allowed me to get most of the guide surfaces without making a big mess. Best part is that now I only hear the squeaking coming from my pedals (that will be the next task).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My hips and back are ruined from my Sherman, yet I still ride it everyday, LOL. Anyway, I decided to take my MSP HT out on my extended errands this evening since I have been too sore and busy with work to take it to the trails recently. It was a pleasant ride on a non-knobby tire. Heading back I ran into another person on a wheel...

I have a friend with a KS16 & 18l, but not an active rider. There is also another rider on a MCM5 in town. There is even a kid on a V5. Long story short, I am the EUC addict in town LOL, but there are a few others who pop up occasionally.

On the way back from my errands I ran into a rider on a V11.  

It's growing!

• 2 weeks later...