InMotion V11

gon2fast

I received my V11 this afternoon. It is an awesome wheel, but does not replace any other wheel in my collection.

The suspension lessens or eliminates the jarring effect of rolling over obstacles. 

I was very surprised by how well the V11 handled light offroad (fire road/groomed trail). I assumed that the suspension would not be able to keep up with the terrain... my assumption was very wrong. 

One more observation, I dislike the trolley handle. It is too short and don't like how the base is at the front of the wheel. 

• Like 3

Took the V11 for a night ride. The headlight is amazing. lights up the road in a way that allowed me to ride faster than normal (I suppose suspension helps with that too). 

I did not put a lot of time/effort into configuring the suspension. Right now it feels best suited for light off road, but it handles fine on the street. (160 top+/60 bottom-_260lb rider weight)

I am going to increase the PSI in the tire to see if it helps make the wheel a bit more responsive. It handles fine, but there is a tiny bit of latency with turning and braking that is directly related to the suspension.

I thought that I was going to have an issue with the pedals because they seemed to be so flat. Not the case at all, the pedals are large, grippy and very comfortable. I did not even do the pedal adjustment in app which was rerquired for my V10 and V8.

I installed the valve caps from the negative chambers on the postives chamber valves, discarded the red caps and installed plastic caps on the negative valves.  

The app is in the same corner as the trolley handle - do not like it. The main complaint is the fact that the IM application kills your phone battery. I have adjusted certain permissions to try to remedy this issue in the past and it makes the application unusable.

Still prefer my MSP to the V11, lol.

• Like 2

Took the V11 out to pick up lunch for my wife. Right away I noticed that I was struggling to turn the wheel. Did not think too much about it since it is only day 2 with the wheel. As I continued my journey I was struggling with the wheel (handling) the entire way to the restaurant. After ordering my wife's lunch I started to inspect the wheel. The culprit was the tire. It had lost a considerable amount of pressure over night. I pumped the tire up to 34psi  yesterday afternoon. When i got back from ride today it was at 16.5 psi.

I had the same seepage issue with my V10. 

Edited by gon2fast
lack of intelligence?
  • Like 1

Random Observations - 

Trolley handle does not automatically extend when I compress the release button. I thought that it was suppose to pop up, but i could be mistaken

Disabling all sounds is awesome  - thanks to Mrelwood for calling that option out on the main V11 post

I attempted to pre-load the suspension to hop off of a speed bump. It worked fine, but it forcibly topped out while I was in the air so i will not be doing that on purpose moving forward.

You need to swing the unit back quickly to get it on the kickstand otherwise the engine kill disengages and tries to level the wheel. 

I should have some type of power pad/hook solution by the end of the week.

my favorite pad material is the stomp/traction pads used for surfboards. - 

https://www.amazon.com/Abahub-Surfboard-Traction-Skimboards-Boards/dp/B07QCP9P6G/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=surfboard+traction&qid=1597959397&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFWWDUwUkdQN1JIOUMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTEwMzQ4MjIyUDFYSkVTQVJLNThDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwNDE2NDQxTVBDTlBKV0tDV1pSJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daley1 said:

i wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

Funny that you mention that. I was starting to wonder if the damage to Hsiang's tire could have been the result of low tire pressure.

I truthfully thought the softness I was feeling was the suspension and did not think that I was riding on a under inflated tire.

To rest the wheel on the stand what you do is pressing the motor disengage/lift button and rotate the wheel back till it rest on its stand. 

As for the trolley it is spring loaded but it doesn't have much force. There is a pin holding it in place. This tend to move out on mine but kept in place my the saddel padding. But once it moved out a bit (few mm) its spring load isn't enought to eject the trolley. 

Once you use the trolley a bit you get accustom to the balance. To me it is a perfect design, despite the pin movement. 

About the tube, I would check if the valve stem is properly mounted. It is so simple to check and if it isn't tight enough you will loose air more of less fast. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Riding my MSP tomorrow. After two days on the V11 I want to see if I miss the suspension. 

It might take more to embed a change in ride style. I imagine it will be hard to go back to a non-suspended wheel after a few months. After a week I sense I am already taking more advantage of having the suspension. By this I mean my natural reaction in the body without having to think about it. 

• Like 3

Good and bad news today (and it is only noon, lOl). 

Good - 

trolleying the unit backwards took away the discomfort i was experiencing - thank you to Unventor for that tip

Lost a little bit of air over the night, but nothing tremendous

eWheels sent instructions on how to unlock the higher top speed

swapped lower shock valve caps with low profile ones I found at Wallmart

Bad -

the screw hole on the rear left side of the saddle (padded piece) has severed. that portion of the saddle is no longer attached to the frame. The wheel is still ride-able, but this is very concerning since I have not crashed or done anything out of the normal. The whole left saddle section (padded piece) is going to have to be replaced now...

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

Thank you for the information fbhb! 

the lesson here is have multiple wheels, lOl.

If you buy 1st or 2nd batch it seems to be a good idea. 

I am glad some of the tips I gave you worked out. Too bad I couldn't help with all issues. 

And yes Inmotion are aware of the saddel attachment isn't strong enough, and 1st batch and 2nd batch should be able to claim this under warranty. 

They said the 3rd batch going forward will have new reinforced saddel attachment with metal holes. Also a few other places they will make brass mounting with machine screws. 

• Like 1

The handle is now raising by itself after hitting the button! 

Still unable to get the higher top speed setting unlocked. I tried to update firmware and it failed. Will try again in a bit. 

I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback.

Upon closer inspection the handle was not raising because it was making contact with the left saddle padding. 

I had a funny thing happen a short while ago. I went down a curb, suspension did its job and as I was riding off the suspension collapsed. All of the travel just dropped and did not rebound. I hopped off and then it finally rebounded. When I got home I found a significant drop in pressure in both lower chambers (100psi loss on left side and 60psi loss on right).

With the shock fully extended the trolley handle does work well. Funny how much impact a slight difference in height can have. User error, sorry.

I am back to my stance on not preloading the wheel. With a fully inflated shock the rebound can be very strong/quick if the tire leaves the ground or there is a sharp decline

I have no confidence with steep inclines due to higher pedal height. I want to fall over rather than stand tall and power up. I just need to get used to the wheel.

I am also having issues with hard braking, but once again that is something that i need to adjust to.

One other thing, LOL.

I took off this evening and immediatley heard a thumping /clicking sound coming from the wheel. Power delivery felt the same so I continued on with the intention to inspect the wheel once I arrived at my destination figuring something was wedged in the shell or sticking out of the tire. Soon there after I realized that I had forgotten my wallet and had to turn back. When I got back and went to prop the wheel up against the wall i realized that I had been riding with the kickstand down...

Down 50-60 psi in the lower chambers this morning. 

Down 10 psi on the tire

Going to adjust pedal angle to assist with braking, try to apply the firmware update (again) and check the upper chamber pressure.

Also going to switch back to the original lower caps based on Spook Chasers comments and see if the seepage persists.

Just checked the upper chambers and good and bad news yet again.

The Bad

The upper left chamber was down 10 psi from the initial inflation on Wednesday

The upper right chamber lost all air pressure (0psi) from the initial inflation on Wednesday - I wonder if this happened when I felt the suspension depress and not rebound yesterday.

The Good

The Lezyne "Shock Drive" shock pump can access the top chamber valves without having to remove the saddles. 

• Like 3