InMotion V11

gon2fast

1 hour ago, Schmudel said:

I have some of those in my tool box. Going to throw one my backpack/mobile toolkit right now.

• Like 1

I suppose I should be more thorough with my comment. It is hard to gauge tire pressure via foot pedals with suspension wheels. Tonight I walked my wheel out of the garage, mounted it and almost ate crap and crashed due to the empty tire. I have also set off with far too little  PSI only to discover the situation as my sidewall starts to give while turning.

This is a QC issue that should not make its way to the consumers.

phukeduprim.PNG

Edited by gon2fast

On 10/6/2020 at 1:24 AM, mrelwood said:

Not at all, you’re right. But how on earth did you damage the valve three times??

Pumping up the tire. I assume when I was trying to get the pump on/off of the valve it was getting cut by the imperfection on the valve opening on the rim.

6 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Pumping up the tire. I assume when I was trying to get the pump on/off of the valve it was getting cut by the imperfection on the valve opening on the rim.

The only part that touches the edge you mention is the brass stem. It does not start to leak after a few dents against shattered aluminum.

26 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

Sooo my V11 cut off, in this episode I explain what happened and interview Marty, Hsiang, and Adam from Wrong Way about the dangers of EUCs. Thanks to them for being involved as well as Liam from Inmotion/ the engineers for promptly fixing the issue. 

Creative Nomad - you need to move this somewhere else (this is a valid topic for the General section), lol.

Edited by gon2fast

I have experienced NO cutouts on my V11, lol.

Big thanks to Black Cobra and Wrong Way for the motivation to install DIY LEDs. 

Disclaimer - I used interior LEDs (not weatherproof) as they were the only option available at my local big box store. Ordering some weatherproof strips to replace the current solution. I am also going to try to get my hands on another charge port cover that I can customize for the USB connector.

Edited by gon2fast
QC

FIY - another motivation for installing the LEDs came from a casual conversation that I had with some local law enforcement officers last week. One of the officers commented that the V11 had far fewer lights than my previous wheel (V10), as in you are probably harder to see at night now...

Lights got removed, did not like the daytime appearance and running them over the lower valves. Quick fix for additional lighting if stored properly - I did not store properly, lol. 

Also did not like the amount of dust that went into the charging port area with the cover off.

Got bored and changed some stuff up after taking off the pedals. Additional lights are a work in progress - going to use rotational brackets for the lights (glue and screw versus Velcro*/DS tape since the saddles need to be replaced anyway).

* currently in use (w/ some blue tape, lol).

Just kidding, this is as good as it gets (for know, lol).

https://ibb.co/GkX72k4

https://ibb.co/XkdxVX5

Edited by gon2fast

My V11 and I just got a thorough mud bath via broken irrigation system in the park that I was trying to cut through. This is the second time that I have been ejected  and left in a puddle of mud via park swamp, lol.  Wheel still turns on, whatever, lol.

https://ibb.co/tBTmWH3

Edited by gon2fast

Post swamp crash no bearing issues with my first batch model even though it was exposed to mud/water. One thing that was concerning is that my charge port cover fell off when the wheel hit the ground/swamp. Kind of scary since the wheel was powered on the entire time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Drat. I am out of the game for a bit. Broke my left foot in 2 places earlier this evening doing chores. Damnit...

WTF dude? Chores are too dangerous! At least its wintertime. So sorry to hear this, bum feet/ankles suck ass!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

So sorry to hear this, bum feet/ankles suck ass!

Thank you. A 275lb slab of concrete dropped on my left foot (spotter wandered off. Wife says that I can't fire my Son, lol). Ironically got notification that my Sherman will be shipping out next week. Needless to say I have already started PT, LOL.

I will be that guy riding the V11/MSP/Sherman with an air boot on!

• Like 2

Ouch, that sucks...hope you have a quick recovery. Chores are evil, 600+ km on my 16X incident free since Sept and then I go and I tear my rhomboid trying to dump too many leaves off a tarp this past weekend, go figure something so boring does us in.