InMotion V11

gon2fast

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I would also suggest that since many people have disassembled the V11 before you, that you’d watch a guide video

Thank you for the guidance. The problem with most videos is that they only focus on the disassembly and give a half hearted response concerning reassembly. To add to that is the fact that there are many builds out in the world currently and early builds differ from most of what is available online.

To be transparent, I have not looked at any re-calibration videos yet so let me focus on that for a few days before I start cursing this wheel again LOL.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gon2fast said:

The problem with most videos is that they only focus on the disassembly and give a half hearted response concerning reassembly.

At least with the method I use, reassembly is done exactly in a reverse order as the disassembly. So there should be no assembly surprises.

15 hours ago, gon2fast said:

To add to that is the fact that there are many builds out in the world currently and early builds differ from most of what is available online.

Not in a way that would affect the disassembly (or reassembly).

I’m hopeful that the next time we hear from you, it is a happy update after a nice ride with a working V11!

When I went to upgrade the firmware it states that the wheel is up to date (details below). I then ran the diagnostic tool and all components came back green, but it threw an error stating incompatibility between parts  - upgrade firmware LOL. Do I need to reset the wheel as I can't get it to manually update. Another thought, am I running into issues because I am doing this with an Iphone? I have a G3 floating around here somewhere I can try.

7-FF83-AEE-B3-AF-470-D-889-C-F82-F51877-

20-DBAC39-7-B65-40-E5-B43-C-A8-E591820-C

Edited by gon2fast
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, gon2fast said:

When I went to upgrade the firmware it states that the wheel is up to date (details below).

The firmware is clearly an older one though, so not being able to upgrade is probably a server issue. It should be able to upgrade if you keep trying every now and then.

Or you could try if EUC World would succeed with the upgrade.

Edit: Also, be sure to check that you have the very latest Inmotion app version!

Edited by mrelwood

No luck with the Android device. I found a first generation Samsung tablet, but it is too old and lacking updates to run the app. I did get a response from my reseller who sent instructions to reach out to InMotion for the firmware fix. Working on that...

4 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I see multiple posts stating that an Android based device needs to be used to complete the FW update.

2 hours ago, gon2fast said:

No luck with the Android device.

There is one clear rule when updating Inmotion V11 firmware - this should never be done with an iPhone. You should always use android and either the latest Inmotion app or the latest EUC World app. However, if you have already run the Inmotion app on your iPhone and firmware update failed/causing problems with the wheel, remove the Inmotion app from your iPhone and hold down the V11 on / off button for at least 30 seconds to reset the wheel. Get an android phone (use your current android device or buy used one - they are so cheap today) and run the V11 firmware update. If this does not work, contact Inmotion.

Edited by Wolverine
Typo.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

There is one clear rule when updating Inmotion V11 firmware - this should never be done with an iPhone.

I can’t vouch for that rule. I have upgraded my V11 FW with an iPhone since the very first production version without a single issue, including two closed beta firmwares. At some point it was the Android that generally failed to do the upgrade while the iPhone was successful. Sometimes the Android has been more successful, but not enough to warrant a general rule like that, in my books at least.

Edited by mrelwood

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I can’t vouch for that rule.

I'm keeping a close eye on Inmotion V11 firmware update issues across different channels and platforms. Many of the V11 firmware update problems are caused by the iPhone Inmotion app. When a person updates V11 firmware with android device, the problems disappear. I had also problem with updating my V11 firmware using an iPhone, I learned just like the others – hard way. My V11 screamed at me after the firmware upgrade: please repair, please repair. I did as I stated before and managed to repair it. Now I try to help people with this matter as much as I can.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wolverine said:

I'm keeping a close eye on Inmotion V11 firmware update issues across different channels and platforms.

You surely have a better grasp on the statistics than me. I have only followed on iPhone related issues, which seem to have gotten much more rare in the last few months.

Anyway, I’ll still be using only my iPhone for the upgrades.

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2022 at 9:26 PM, gon2fast said:

Got a new Android phone, but leaving for holiday tomorrow morning so this repair is going to get shelved yet again.

:popcorn:

Serial number submitted to InMotion. Not sure what happens next, though I will be happy when the board stops broadcasting it's BT signal 24/7. I have to ride down the street on my other wheels to connect to apps otherwise they default to the V11. One day...

Firmware updated, but still working through some inconsistencies. I was complaining about having to register for the IM app, but I am thankful now as that is how the custom FW push was received. Yeah, I am late to the game...

Successfully rode the unit for a minute or so on my front lawn then it fell forward, made some funny noises until I powered it off and now the wheel will not spin. I am phucking done with this wheel...

Edited by gon2fast
  • Sad 7

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, gon2fast said:

After crawling around on the garage floor I was able to locate some of my missing hardware and got everything back together.

image.jpg

I did use a couple of random screws.

image.jpg

I have to take the wheel apart again. I installed some suspension components incorrectly and my side covers are not properly aligned. Not doing myself any favors here, but at least it has evolved from a pile of EUC parts in the corner of the garage.

goodluck ! !

• Like 1

Took another swipe at it and made some progress. Working on the V11 is like putting a Lego set together - fun until your realize that you have lost a crucial piece LOL. I am only utilizing 2 aftermarket screws after swapping out the ones that I found last night. My big issue was that I did not route the motor cable up the side of the front correctly. it was hanging over the guide obstructing one of the slides. Suspension moves again and I am thankful that I choose to walk away from it last night when I detected issues with the suspension. Had I a taken a test ride I would have significantly damaged my motor cable. Things seem normal now. 

The suspension was fully elevated even when I let all of the air out yesterday. Not the case today -

image.jpg

Pumped up, test ridden and seeming normal. Still do not trust it post repair, it will be a couple of weeks before I am comfortable with it.

image.jpg

• Like 2

You were in luck that the cable was obstructing enough for the suspension not to move! I’ve seen a few cases where the suspension slowly drags through the motor cables.

Are you sure that your saddles are on the correct side though? Looks like you wouldn’t be able to accelerate with a straight posture at all with the nudge on the pads, while it should be in a good position for a brake pad. Which one was it originally?