InMotion V11

gon2fast

12 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

The air pressure seepage in the tire is from damage to the tube valve. Looks like I will be cracking the V11 open in the near future (yay).

If you have another tube try taking out the center thing of the valve and swap them around. You could be in luck, or it could be a small puncture at the valve tube entering the rubber if it is the last thing it is a bummer. 

Sometimes slime can fix it but I don't like the added mass in the tube. I know some other people don't sense it or mind. But then again I ride in the city area, notion a mountain trail with sharp rocks. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You could be in luck, or it could be a small puncture at the valve tube entering the rubber if it is the last thing it is a bummer. 

Yup, total bummer. I was able to get it down the street to the market, maybe mile, but I was feeling the tire getting soft on the way back. 

I have some valve cores that I can try after work, but I suspect the tube is is beyond repair.

3 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Yup, total bummer. I was able to get it down the street to the market, maybe mile, but I was feeling the tire getting soft on the way back. 

I have some valve cores that I can try after work, but I suspect the tube is is beyond repair.

I hope it works out for. On the other hand you might be one of the first to do a tube change. 

• Like 1

Try a new valve core.if its leaking out of the valve thats ur problem.If this doesnt solve it try Slime ,this will save u heartbreak and time.if its only a small hole which seems it is because its still holding a bit of pressure.this should sort it out .If these fail its time for a tube change!:popcorn:

• Like 2

Daley1 - thanks for the feedback/advice!

I got another 20 miles in on the partially deflated tire, but I should stop before I damage the tire and rim.

I took MSP across town a short while ago to get my wife lunch. I love how hard the pedals are as well as the power of the MSP, but I was sure missing the suspension, lol.

Concerning the caps/guides for the lower suspension chamber. I have done a good bit of trail riding and have had no impacts to the lower portion of the suspension. DAMNIT... just checked the bottom caps (big red ones) and one fell off while out and about, lol. No damage to that portion of the suspension yet though.

Ironically, I picked up new valve caps when I got the valve cores. I will see if eWheels has any OEM replacements in the meantime.

Besides the little issues, the V11 is a amazing wheel. These issues are very minor and should be resolved in the next few batches.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

DAMNIT... just checked the bottom caps (big red ones) and one fell off while out and about, lol. 

Valve cap has been located! It fell off while riding around in the front yard, LOL.

• Like 3

Back up and running! Did a quick run last night after getting everything back together (very easy process). I also adjusted my pedals (-3). 

One of the saddles was not properly installed last night so I battled with that this morning, but got it resolved after more than a few attempts, lol.

Did 20-30 miles today, back to normal.

• Like 2

It is interesting to me how different people uses their wheels. I kinda like not being locked into the wheel as it floats or slides between my legs lormally freely or just one leg touching when leaning.. 

I think it was trying out a colleagues Z10 and later my KS16X that shaped my riding style. And helped on with my Klim mc suit. It has goat leather on the lower inside of the legs. It gives a nice balance between grip and not too much of it. 

Enjoy you ride again now you are back up running. 👍

• Like 1

Inspiring. 

I am brain storming a parking system/rack for my wheels too. But my problem is space. 

We shall see if I ever get around to building something. 

• Like 2

After reviewing the picture I think that I have found my solution for the rails! I am now going to have to re-inforce the frame to accomodate the weight of two suspension wheels. Will pick up casters tomorrow when I get materials to re-enforce the frame. Excited about the casters as that will give me wheel clearance without having to change/extend the design of the rails.

I recieved notice that another batch of V11s have reached the US. Couple of things to consider before venturing out -

* ride the V11 as you would a non suspension wheel because that is how it is ultimately going to behave. You will see the benefits of the suspension right away, but do not let your guards down because of the suspension. 

* check all chambers before riding. they seep, probably more for larger riders like myself (255lbs).

* set your tire pressure and get familiar with "squeeze checking " your tire. filling the tire with a standard bike nozzle can be challenging (dismount can be especially frustrating). 

*power pads... at your own risk imho. the rider stands higher on the V11 and adding pads sounds like a recipe for over-lean disaster TO ME. Not saying that others should not utilize power pads, but not for me

**But you have mock pads on your V11?** - my hooks are specifically for inclines. Because of the pedal height I needed something that I could rest/apply pressure against on inclines versus tipping over the front of the wheel.

* 32psi+ in the tire creates wobbles at speed. another member mentioned that there is not much to grab onto in this situation which I also agree with, but in that situation stay calm and grip what you have, then slow down, lol.

* cranked the bolt on bottom of the pedals. not a fan of loose/clanky pedals.

Edited by gon2fast
clanky is better than clinky
  • Like 2

If you have broken a saddle bolt I suggest removing the intact bolt and letting the top of the broken saddle "float".  I mistakenly forgot to re-install the bolt on my broken saddle the last time that I adjusted shock pressure. Soon after I noticed that all of the creaking associated with the handle disappeared. The noise from the upper saddle has also gone away. This will be my new configuration until replacements saddles are available. 

Current riding habits - 

V11 - 75%

MSP - 23%

Monster - 2%

G3 - 0% 

I have transitioned all of my road riding to the V11. All of my trail riding happens on the MSP still.

The shocks are holding pressure much better now. I have around 400 miles on the wheel so far, maybe a break in period was required? 

I also broke my golden rule and jumped my V11 a couple of times today. While I was playing around on a tall dirt embankment I noticed a little kicker (jump) carved carved into the base of the hill. First attempt was very smooth, maybe too slow, but went over it without rebound slap and it felt rather nice. The following two attempts added more speed/pre-load which sent me farther/higher, but the rebound slap was there. 

Fun I suppose, but not for me. Good for others though. I am very amazed by the skate park/dirt jump riding I have seen recently - maybe it got me a bit too excited today, lol.

Edited by gon2fast
i suck
  • Like 1

A lot of people wrote off the suspension wheels because they were not fast enough. I keep it below 30MPH so the lowered top speeds do not affect my riding style. I mentioned this a while back, but the V11 may not have the highest top speed, but you sure can ride at higher average speeds.

The theme of my ride earlier today was "SLOW DOWN". I do not find that this wheel has a lot of torque, but it keeps accelerating when you push it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gon2fast said:

The shocks are holding pressure much better now. I have around 400 miles on the wheel so far, maybe a break in period was required? 

I also broke my golden rule and jumped my V11 a couple of times today. While I was playing around on a tall dirt embankment I noticed a little kicker (jump) carved carved into the base of the hill. First attempt was very smooth, maybe too slow, but went over it without rebound slap and it felt rather nice. The following two attempts added more speed/pre-load which sent me farther/higher, but the rebound slap was there. 

Fun I suppose, but not for me. Good for others though. I am very amazed by the skate park/dirt jump riding I have seen recently - maybe it got me a bit too excited today, lol.

Family is at the beach.

I am done with work.

I am going to go hit that jump on my MSP,  LOL.

Hopefully I can make it there in one piece without suspension.Takes a few miles to re-adjust. 

This has nothing to do with the V11, worst review ever... lol.

Night time riding with no stress, this is exactly why I bought this wheel. 

Did a late errand across town well after dark without issue with/from terrain or lighting.

Interestingly I am feeling more in tune with my non-suspension wheel now. Appreciating the differences I suppose.

Edited by gon2fast
stupid is as stupid does...