Uniwheel - The first UK EUC

Tom

I figured this should have a thread by now. A new EUC developed in the UK Uniwheel. They have advertised the launch party on their Facebook so there should be some reviews soon if anyone on here is attending(?) They are yet to release specs but based on what it says on their site I'm assuming:

• Custom BMS/controller addressing the safety concerns
  • Hot swappable batteries
  • Integrated headlights
  • Replaceable bumpers

Hopefully they can reveal more than a standard battery capacity and motor size along with some good unique features. That will be the only thing that could sell it for me personally, because the shape of the EUC doesn't appeal to me at all, at least in the photos they have shown of it so far. Keep it round (imo), it visually communicates the simplicity and function of the whole device in the truest way.

Still, I'm excited to see more and this is great news for all us in the UK, EUCs being developed more locally is only a good thing!

1T6ewLb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pagsy said:

Manufactured in UK ? with swappable battery, replaceable bumpers .... 

I'm curious about the price.

Highly unlikely that it's manufactured in the UK. Designed in London, UK but no doubt manufactured in China.

The replaceable bumpers seem like a great idea, and I'd like to see more manufacturers offering replaceable batteries. I'm not really liking the body style of this uni but it's not terrible.

After commuting with my Ninebot for a couple weeks where I'm leaving for work at dawn and getting home at dusk I've started to wish my uni had a built in headlight and tail light, it's good to see them integrated in more wheels.

I get the feeling that the specs will be disappointing based on their lack of disclosure, hopefully I'm wrong.

looks like something designed by.....a designer, not a  rider.

The pedals don't look too ergonomic.

The bumpers are more of a marketing thing I feel, replacable padding and the whole body shell, that would make a difference.

2 weeks before launch still no specs??? Bad marketing or it’s just not ready yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope their store ships to America! It is absolutely the best looking euc i've seen yet. Soo friggin cool and futuristic. Replaceable batteries is the way to go too. I'm glad they went that route. They launch next week! B)

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

No idea but they're making a big deal about it being UK designed on the site so would assume it is legit british

Keyword being "designed"... I'd think that it's the same as Solowheels, made in China, designed in USA (except of course in this case, designed in UK).

Looks great, i like the replaceable bumpers. in the facebook video, the guy goes pretty fast. Definitely not manufactured in the UK. I expect a mderate power motor, weak battery. And a high price. Still very sexy though:)

Tempting, but holding out for a NB P so may just depend when they actually become available?  And, of course, what you guys report from tomorrows launch?

Wish I could be there but only just found out and I'm stuck working in Pembrokeshire this week :(

Looking forward to videos galore - don't let me down :D

They're not going to compete with the new 16" King Song with that battery! (See 'King song 16' thread.  800 w / 680 kWh)

Anyone at the launch should be sure to ask them about likelihood of larger batteries coming soon.

Also, is there not a theme (in the forum) about smaller capacity batteries being more likely to cause cut-offs - especially as 1500W seems like a relatively powerful engine?

Archived