Something is coming

RoadRunner

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Revealed or released?

Did Kuji even get a V11 already?

This year is full of unexpected surprises!

I saw it posted that he (kuji) is to obtain a unit (v11) for review/testing. 

I don't know anything yet of the KS newsother than it is listed to happen in 3 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Revealed or released?

Did Kuji even get a V11 already?

This year is full of unexpected surprises!

I'm not sure how important that distinction is. Regardless, it won't be shipping to customers next week.

Since Kuji is in China, presumably he was gotten some early access to all of these wheels.

Unexpected? Not to me. It's 2020. I'd expect some new wheels to be released. And the year is young. There has to be a truly new wheel from Gotway too (like the Nikola was the only new wheel from them in 2019). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There were rumors of the Mini-Monster, then it was said no new wheels in 2020, now I don't know what to think.

The best thing is: if KS's new effort is as professional as the V11, Gotway need to get their asses in gear. No more amateur-level new designs like the Nikola, I hope. Or some serious technical advantages to make up for it.

Suddenly the amateur-in-a-garage phase of the EUC market seems to be over:thumbup:

Yeah, it's hard to believe Gotway isn't going to release anything new in all of 2020. Then again, I'm content with the current offerings.

I'm curious as to why you think the V11 is particularly "professional" compared to anything else out there. If you've ever seen a Z10 up close and personal, you would be very impressed. The KS16X is no slouch either. Or the other Inmotion offerings. I'm sure when we see a V11 in person, it'll have the same plastic and padding of every other wheel.

As I've said other places, in so many words, perhaps I don't want things to get too professional. Ever try and work on a modern car? :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I have nothing against the Z10, but the 16X with not even a waterproofing lip and some goop to protect from water (unless I'm remembering that wrong)? That's just a step above Gotway's waterproofing duct tape. Semi-professional, yes, but I can't yet call that really professional.

The V11 looks to me more systematically designed - the lights alone went from "random LED we found in a bin" to "how you would design it if it actually had to reliably work". Maybe some ergonomics. Etc. Less "Chinese" and more "how a Western company would build it". At least that's my impression.

BTW, Gotway's most recent release (MSP) has a rubber gasket around the parameter of both side panels. I'm not saying it's perfection, but certainly not duct tape like you're suggesting (which was only on part of the Nikola).

• Like 1

Cool, looks à bit complicated from the teaser, but some nice lines. Different styling from previous models.

Edited by null

Oh hell yes, another new one to look at...  yum yum yum. I find anticipation is sometimes VERY enjoyable, as I can still dream the impossible. Hooray for EUC sales wars!!!

• Like 3

Just now, ShanesPlanet said:

I find anticipation is sometimes VERY enjoyable, as I can still dream the impossible. 

I find all this drip feeding a bit of a pain. Either they have an interesting new wheel and can give you the details or they don't. I was really hoping to see a proper demo and list of specs. The allure of something different all hidden in the shadows lit up by a red light makes me of think of Amsterdam for some reason ;)

7 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

So this is the reason why Inmotion lower their prices :)
Kingsong also cannot ask more than $2000 for this wheel either (unless it blow the V11 out of the water).

This makes me wonder... Is $2k the most the market is willing to bear? How many buyers are buying $2k unicycles as their first, when never having seen one before in person? How many buyers/riders are serious enough about it now, that the price of even $3k, would be acceptable, should it meet their needs to a tee, and seems to be of the best quality? I don't know if i would spend $3k (low household income here), but IF it had everything I wanted, was serviceable for a long lifespan and it met ALL my needs... yeah, I guess when you are spending so damn much as $2k, then $3k aint out of the question... I do know that $2k vs $3k is a LOT when its all a gamble, as a lot of buyers have NO IDEA what they are really getting, until its non returnable.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

So this is the reason why Inmotion lower their prices :)
Kingsong also cannot ask more than $2000 for this wheel either (unless it blow the V11 out of the water).

Too early to say yet. And we have to see if this is confirmed too. 

Right now we only have two contenders in the ring. 

Not many facts known yet. Numbers do not always show the full story. 

Question is when we more details from KS and how people view them against each others. 

It’s clearly 18S reborn as S18. That tall body will have split opinions. But with a seat it’ll be a great long distance wheel. V11 seems smaller and nimbler now. Very very interesting to find out how they ride. 

• Like 3

I'm most curious about the battery capacity. We all know that KingSong makes the longest range wheels for a given battery capacity. If their wheel has a 1600wh battery, they're going to kill it. And although they are no Gotway in terms of speed, they certainly make higher performing wheels than Inmotion.

So I have a feeling I'll be pulled more towards the KS offering than the V11.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

This makes me wonder... Is $2k the most the market is willing to bear? How many buyers are buying $2k unicycles as their first, when never having seen one before in person? How many buyers/riders are serious enough about it now, that the price of even $3k, would be acceptable, should it meet their needs to a tee, and seems to be of the best quality? I don't know if i would spend $3k (low household income here), but IF it had everything I wanted, was serviceable for a long lifespan and it met ALL my needs... yeah, I guess when you are spending so damn much as $2k, then $3k aint out of the question... I do know that $2k vs $3k is a LOT when its all a gamble, as a lot of buyers have NO IDEA what they are really getting, until its non returnable.

Have you heard of the Monster? It's close to $3K and lots of people buy them.

• Like 2