Something is coming

RoadRunner

Exciting! The more companies that introduce  suspension systems the better. I wonder how China protects intellectual property patents? 

I would assume if IP patents do apply in China and Kingsong does introduce a new suspension system it would need to be a totally different design. Next up......Gotway. :thumbup:

• Like 3

Shouldn't we have some wild guessing as to what's going to appear??? My random guess would be a new version of the KS18XL with suspension but with the mechanism not wrapped around the outside of the case. Then add 21700 batteries and the headlamp from the 16X. Same speed and range as before. Price a slightly higher than before. 

21 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Shouldn't we have some wild guessing as to what's going to appear??? My random guess would be a new version of the KS18XL with suspension but with the mechanism not wrapped around the outside of the case. Then add 21700 batteries and the headlamp from the 16X. Same speed and range as before. Price a slightly higher than before. 

What if they are updating the 18S model or making at least something similar?

The most likely option is 18X, something similar to 16X but with 18x3" tire and maybe (hopefully) some kind of suspension. 

From an engineering standpoint it would make sense to add suspension to the 18S as there's lot's of space available for the hardware. Folk also use that wheel for seated riding and the suspension would be great for that. The huge downside though is that no-one seems to buy the 18S and you very rarely see ii appear in peoples list of wheels they own. The 18X would be a great idea and also wouldn't step on the toes of their current 16X.

• Like 2

The 18S is an old build now. For it to sell better it need an update modern standards. 

I think KS talked about looking into suspension too. But they have been quiet about it. In a few days we will hopefully know more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Exciting! The more companies that introduce  suspension systems the better. I wonder how China protects intellectual property patents? 

I would assume if IP patents do apply in China and Kingsong does introduce a new suspension system it would need to be a totally different design. Next up......Gotway. :thumbup:

So now you have to build a test rig for reviewing suspension wheel.

Oh this is going super fantastic to watch....just be careful. :popcorn:

I can see a new unit named rehab 4.0 or 5.0 as ncap. 😉

• Like 1

@Eric plam I do like you post above a lot. It is about each wheel have its merits and seeing/riding them accordingly.

Personal preference is hard to argue about as we all have different uses and needs.  

What you like about the Z10 is why I hold my KS16X high too. And since I don't ride for speed it works really well for me. 

My V10f on the other hand is my "smallest" wheel. Since it is light compared to my KS16X and KS18L it is easier to go for that short shopping ride. Plus it stores a little easier as it is slimmer (like under a seat in the cinema or hockey arena).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So Jason just confirmed to me that KingSong's suspension based wheel is being released tomorrow, and that Kuji thinks it's a much better ride than the V11

:w00t2:

So do you think that would be the wheel Tina wanted you to test some time back?

So about 4 hours to release now....

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So do you think that would be the wheel Tina wanted you to test some time back?

So about 4 hours to release now....

Yeah, I wonder ...

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I wonder ...

I guess that since it wasn't a GW you had no interest 😉

And that it only has a 2.75" wide tire😉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So Jason just confirmed to me that KingSong's suspension based wheel is being released tomorrow, and that Kuji thinks it's a much better ride than the V11

:w00t2:

Revealed or released?

Did Kuji even get a V11 already?

This year is full of unexpected surprises!

• Like 1