Going to the park to ride in the time of COVID-19

GothamMike

Virus is spreading fast, Spain - Portugal - Italie - France - Belgium for example are under lockdown.

Probably a metter off time when other european country's wil follow.

England thinks- just as holland did - that it doesn't go that fast,but it does.

On the wheel in the forrrest is probably safe, and still possible.

Untill you have to be at home like in Spain and more.

Be careful when it comes that far, police will be not soft then.

• Like 1

Los Angeles just got new stricter order from the Mayor effective midnight tonight until April 19 with possible extension.

http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/lac/1070029_COVID-19_SaferAtHome_HealthOfficerOrder_20200319_Signed.pdf

However, the public official still want us to spend sometime outside to take a walk or something just not in group.

Seems easy because nobody around can catch up while I take a "walk" outside :D

Just wash your hands afterward for 20 seconds!!

We are aloud till now to do things outside.

Lot of people run, or just walk or cycle because it's possible.

Like said earlier, it's a metter of time before we HAVE to be inside.

And you only allowed to go to the supermarket.

They say here was hands for 40 seconds, when you go out, and go in somewhere.

Noone is banning EUCs yet in NYC and suburbs. As long as the speed demon stay off the sidewalk. All it takes is one speedster knocking down and killing someone stepping off  the sidewalk. 

Wash your hands! Be safe!

There are lots of pedal-assist bikes (ie, e-bikes) on the bike paths these days ... point that out to them.

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Covid19 is terrible - sensible governements would allow outdoor activity as long as you keep distance from eact other  - Dont put yourself in prison, dont be paranoid  Im happy to live in Denmark a welfare state where common sense prevails.  My favorite EUC track is sort of isolated - I take pride in my work at the hospital so I need some safe chill time on my wheel.  The lockdown here is not a prison, financially itll take time to get over this.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:46 PM, AngryJackPCB said:

I tell them this is not a motorized vehicle.

It's a vehicle and it only has a motor to move it so, yes, it's a motorised vehicle. If you ride sensibly and don't annoy the cyclists then I'm sure you'll get fewer issues. 

On 3/22/2020 at 6:46 AM, AngryJackPCB said:

I get conflicting information. People yell at me (mostly bikers in their Lance Armstrong costumes), that motorized vehicles are not permitted on the bike paths. I tell them this is not a motorized vehicle. It does not require a license, permit, registration, or insurance, and cannot be ridden on a highway therefor it is not classified as a vehicle. Plus I've ridden past plenty of police and never have been stopped.

Then I respectfully tell them I slow down when passing people and always warn them I am about to pass if they do not see me coming unlike the majority of the "Lance Armstrongers" so mind your own business and "get stuffed". However, I don't exactly use those forum friendly words if you know what I mean!

is it a vehicle? i mean depends on the classification of that specific area but yea technically.. but then so are all electric bikes and motorized wheelchairs so go f**k yourself lmao.. its funny how its only ever the spandex wearers that give a damn.. get all sorts of thumbs up and smiles from regular folk but then those who are training for the tour de france are the ones that get pissed when you pass them.. our bike paths allow all sorts of electric vehicles, ive seen tons of electric mopeds.. not sure of the proper name, e bikes, electric scooters, skateboards etc.. we are allowed on the road/bike lanes if they exist and all trails not specifically marked for foot traffic only. i dont say shit i just zoom past them, i dont need to tell them im passing, never once in my life heard anyone on a bike telling another person on a bike that theyre passing nor ring a bell, the spandex wearers just gun it everywhere, i shake my head sometimes because i see a lot of close calls from impatient cyclists, almost been hit by them a few times when theyre coming towards me trying to pass someone else

22 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It's a vehicle and it only has a motor to move it so, yes, it's a motorised vehicle.

Not according to the Finnish law either. They are electrically assisted vehicles (or ”personal transportation devices”), just like e-bikes and e-wheelchairs.

Just like a station wagon without backseats can be a van, or moped cars (looks like a car but is registered as a moped), vehicles aren’t always classified as one would expect.

Currently, Western Australian laws stipulate that electric scooters must travel at 10km/h or less, and “must not be used on footpaths and paths designed for shared use by pedestrians and bicycles.” Any unlicensed electric scooters may only be used on private property [13].  Other States have different laws. However, I have ridden around the city without Police ever having stopped me.   Average speed ~15 kph.  A commercial Segway hire company takes tourists around the city [Perth] footpaths!!!   I have not ridden this year due to the virus - hospitals are getting full with virus patients!