Chicway online sales.

Gasmantle

1 hour ago, RoCan said:

Looks like green and fashion travaling shop pics from the icon. Could be pinched or is it the same sellers? 

Thanks @RoCan

I'm not sure what Green and Fashion is but I thought the website kinda looked professional although that doesn't mean a lot.

Hopefully someone who has bought from them may be able to tell us more :)

3 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks @RoCan

I'm not sure what Green and Fashion is but I thought the website kinda looked professional although that doesn't mean a lot.

Hopefully someone who has bought from them may be able to tell us more :)

It’s a well established Aliexpress seller of EUC’s from China I believe. Heard some positive some negative reviews but it’s a bit weird their logo is on that website. 

Edited by RoCan
  • Like 1

The website looks really basic. Personally I would not trust giving my money to them, especially in the thousands of dollars.

I trust Green and Fashion way more. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

• Like 1

theyre legit.. if im not mistaken chicway is sold by green fashion and its what they caller their slightly modded gotway eucs but theyre reputable.. other good sellers are intelligent walking store, wheel tech store, daibot store, rockwheel store.. but green fashion is my go to since theyre the most communicative and understanding and im not sure if its true of others or not but always in direct contact with gotway so they are knowledgeable

• Like 1

Wheeltech store definitely get my vote for great service and communication, if you need to buy from Ali Express!  He is also a forum member here @wheeltech by the way.

• Like 3

Thanks guys :)

This price differential between 'reputable' dealers and the likes of Chicway, Aliexpress or even ebay needs sorting out. I can appreciate that small dedicated retailers need to charge more in return for better advice, after sales care etc but I can't help but feel that the mark up they charge is unrealistic.

I'd happily pay a bit more to buy from a dealer but a 60% mark up is in my opinion stretching things a bit, admittedly in a small market we are to some extent captive customers but if they don't charge realistic prices guys like me will just buy elsewhere.

Don’t forget the peace of mind of buying and warranty support from a dealer.  Shipping heavy items back to China is often not a cheap endeavour.  Dealer’s usually have your back with repairs and troubleshooting.  Buying direct from China can sometimes be a crapshoot especially if problems arise unless you’re very handy.  That being said, I did get my Tesla from AliExpress, and knock on wood - it’s been fine.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That being said, I did get my Tesla from AliExpress, and knock on wood - it’s been fine.

I also got my Tesla direct from China, although it was from the eBay store also run by the Ali seller I mentioned previously. Also just like you, absolutely no problems to report!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

I take the point about better after sales care when buying from a dealer but can't help but feel the price you pay for it is extortionate.

A KS18XL on Chicway is less than £1400 delivered compared to £2200 from a dealer.

Edited by Gasmantle

A warning regarding Chickway/Green Fashion and Travaling. Lately they have sat a month or even a few on their butts before getting stuff shipped. Combined with several negative experiences with warranty communication, I would skip them as a seller for now.

When my brother was shopping for the 18XL, Green Fashion @ Aliexpress directed him to the Chickway web shop. So it seems they’re one and the same. Since my brother had gotten no tracking number or status updates in a month, he messaged them. He got the tracking code, but it’s been only showing ”ready for UPS” for two weeks now.

A local rider asked for the new Nikola mainboard as a warranty replacement, and it took two full months and a few messages for them to actually ship it. It’s finally arriving this week though.

I take the point about better after sales care when buying from a dealer but can't help but feel the price you pay for it is extortionate.

A KS18XL on Chicway is less than £1400 delivered compared to £2200 from a dealer.

It’s of course country dependent, but just adding customs, VAT, and inevitable costs of running a local business makes the price gap quite a bit narrower. The Ali prices don’t include the VAT and customs fees, and at least in Finland one is actually supposed to pay them oneself. It’s not like the local dealers are getting rich by selling EUCs, that’s for sure. So far our local webshop has sold just two or three wheels all year. Yippee.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

A warning regarding Chickway/Green Fashion and Travaling. Lately they have sat a month or even a few on their butts before getting stuff shipped. Combined with several negative experiences with warranty communication, I would skip them as a seller for now.

When my brother was shopping for the 18XL, Green Fashion @ Aliexpress directed him to the Chickway web shop. So it seems they’re one and the same. Since my brother had gotten no tracking number or status updates in a month, he messaged them. He got the tracking code, but it’s been only showing ”ready for UPS” for two weeks now.

A local rider asked for the new Nikola mainboard as a warranty replacement, and it took two full months and a few messages for them to actually ship it. It’s finally arriving this week though.

It’s of course country dependent, but just adding customs, VAT, and inevitable costs of running a local business makes the price gap quite a bit narrower. The Ali prices don’t include the VAT and customs fees, and at least in Finland one is actually supposed to pay them oneself. It’s not like the local dealers are getting rich by selling EUCs, that’s for sure. So far our local webshop has sold just two or three wheels all year. Yippee.

they can take a couple weeks to ship it yea, but the reason for the shipping number not showing up yet is not because they havent shipped it.. they have, but it goes on a barge to a destination where it is picked up by UPS, UPS doesnt actually pick up your parcel from their factory in china, so depending on a lot of conditions as well as customs it can take a long time before the tracking number shows anything.. ive had stuff take three weeks, and ive had stuff take over two months seems pretty random.. ali prices you will be able to skirt taxes/customs as they greatly reduce the "value" and ship them in batches to a warehouse in your country, by doing that they are somehow able to make it look as though the item originated within your country.. for example on my nikola plus the ups tracking number was inactive for two weeks, but indicated that the item was coming from canada.. it only worked once it was picked up by UPS in the canadian warehouse.. ive never once paid a cent in taxes or fees from ali, and i havent heard of anyone else who has either.. europe, US, or canada.. same goes for gearbest.. yes its understandable why if you buy locally the price is so much different because these local dealers DO have to pay all of these fees and they also have their own overhead and warranties of course, so if you want to save a lot of money and wait longer as well as taking a gamble as you will get no warranty service then go ali, if you have the money and want it quicker with warranty go local.. for me personally i would prefer generally to go with aliexpress but thats just me, i dont mind taking the risk and servicing things myself

• Like 2

@Rywokast, you are on point on every point. In these cases however the seller replied after the 1 month perioid that ok, the product will be finally shipped in a few days. On the mainboard they even said they would ship with the fast method, which for me took less than a week in total. After which another month passed without updates. Buying from Ali may indeed take up to two months even normally, but the communication has been quite fishy as of late, and the two month limit seem to be reached and surpassed as a rule. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

@Rywokast, you are on point on every point. In these cases however the seller replied after the 1 month perioid that ok, the product will be finally shipped in a few days. On the mainboard they even said they would ship with the fast method, which for me took less than a week in total. After which another month passed without updates. Buying from Ali may indeed take up to two months even normally, but the communication has been quite fishy as of late, and the two month limit seem to be reached and surpassed as a rule. 

hmmmm that sucks... wonder whats going on theyve normally been extremely communicative with me.. hopefully this is not how they act from now on O.o

Thanks guys :)

It's difficult to know what to do, maybe Aliexpress is a better option although they want £100 more for a KS18XL.

Chicway say on their website that delivery is 7-15 days but conveniently say it is not guaranteed, Aliexpress quote something similar.

https://www.chicway.shop/art/shipping-amp-returns_a0026.html

Green Fashion will ship a wheel and you will (eventually) receive it, but their aftersales support is disgusting. The price difference and wait time is hardly worth it. My wheel turned on in transit and the mainboard fried in transit when I ordered from them, and his offer was a replacement mainboard (gee thanks) and $300 for the additional wait. $300 hardly covers the loss in resale value or the additional wait. 

Wheeltech on Aliexpress (from my experience) appears to be very responsive, even responding extremely late at night their time, and their DHL shipping rates are reasonable (i only ordered accessories from them). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

At least one report was here:

Although still cheaper...

sucks for him.. any package can get pulled and inspected at random unfortunately I guess he drew the short straw,, it's a very rare occurrence

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Any more information about chicway.shop by now? I wanted to get a new wheel for spring, but seeing that winter doesn't seem to arrive this year I was wondering about just getting it over with... I'm not finding any 18XL's on Ali, and the European shops are a little bit too expensive for my taste.

You have to send a message to ask about kingsong wheels, they generally don’t display them. Also, there might be some issues with zoning, not sure what « international model » implies.

• 6 months later...

Good luck with warranty claims. I have a second hand Nikola with a failing board, still was under "warranty" form Chickway shop. They are EUC sellers but sent me a wrong board, made for a top mounted Nikola board, even if I sent them the motor code and said I have a side-mounted board. Nonetheless they sent me the first board they saw on their desk I think. Not caring about my needs.

Now I'm stuck with a non working Nikola for months. They don't respond anymore. 

Even if I don't know a thing about electronic figured out what was wrong. So that says a lot about their own knowledge and ethics. Crappy Chinese resellers that only want to make money. Shitty seller. Buy locally. It's worth it. You pay a bit more , but have service.

I have to buy a full price board now. From a local dealer.

Edited by Eric plam

• 2 months later...

About delivery time and no custom/tax promise:

I received emails from Ken. He said the wanted wheel will arrive in European warehouses in 3 weeks, then it needs 5-7 days to travel to my country.

He also stated the price listed in their website is final inclusive of custom and taxes, I don't have to pay anything extra.

Should I trust that?

On 9/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, Gasmantle said:

Hi all,

Has anyone here bought from Chicway online?

I'm looking to buy from them very shortly but I've hardly ever seen them mentioned, are they a reputable dealer ? 

https://www.chicway.shop/c/electric-unicycle_0118

Many thanks.

There is no real answer to your question. Chicway and Aliexpress are a gamble. You save a lot on the price but if you get a dud you will have a hard time getting warranty or service, and if you do, it will cost you the difference in shipping. They will not scam you, but quality control on Euc's is relatively bad from the factories (applies to all manufacturers). If you are handy and like to repair/tinker with stuff yourself then you should be fine.

If you pay full price from a reputable seller you "should" get full service in case something is/goes wrong within the warranty period. Choice is yours ;) 

• Like 1