NYC KS-16X DEMO 6/16/19 12PM

16 minutes ago, US69 said:

Unfortunatly i didnt know about the pedal angle, because i would have informed @houseofjob about it BEFORE...

But yeah...thats how its...directly after i heard anput the complains i returned to KS...and got a : allready fixed!

Sometimes it’s really hard to understand why some things dont make it to me...... :confused1:

It happens 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Great video and concept allowing the attendees to voice their opinions. Videos of this caliber  (as @Marty Backe is aware) take a great deal time. Much appreciated! 

None of the negative comments have changed my mind about the purchase. My biggest concern was the neutral pedal angle on the demo but that appears to have been remedied in the production model.

Get some well deserved sleep!:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Adel said:

Thanks @houseofjob for this video and it was nice format getting all the different first impressions, but also look forward for your own review after you have spent more time evaluating the wheel.

What is interesting is the variety of opinions you get, from definitely liking and getting one to absolute hate and everything in between.

I think the issue with all EUC manufacturers is they don't build enough adjustability in the wheels. Every new EUC we get same complaints about pedal size and pedal angle. It would be nice if each company had standard pedals of different sizes that works on all their models. Also support some user adjustability to the pedal angle would be welcome feature by all users. 

FYI, all Gotway pedals are interchangeable. So you can buy and install the diminutive Mten3 pedals on the Monster or likewise put the newest and largest Nikola pedals on the Mten3 or any wheel in between.

But to your bigger point, yes, more user customizable features would be welcome.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

FYI, all Gotway pedals are interchangeable. So you can buy and install the diminutive Mten3 pedals on the Monster or likewise put the newest and largest Nikola pedals on the Mten3 or any wheel in between.

But to your bigger point, yes, more user customizable features would be welcome.

@Marty Backe yes I agree on the Gotway they are interchangeable but the angle is not consistent from wheel to wheel. Also I've seen pictures of nikola on MSX which result in extreme angle.

Actually, since you have both wheels, can you please try the nikola pedals on the MSX and tells us what you think ? it would be really nice video that a lot of MSX owners would be interested in. Thanks !

Edited by Adel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adel said:

@Marty Backe yes I agree on the Gotway they are interchangeable but the angle is not consistent from wheel to wheel. Also I've seen pictures of nikola on MSX which result in extreme angle.

Actually, since you have both wheels, can you please try the nikola pedals on the MSX and tells us what you think ? it would be really nice video that a lot of MSX owners would be interested in. Thanks !

Sorry, too much work to swap pedals to answer a question.

However, fortunately for you, @stephen has already done this and posted videos and associated commentary on how great the Nikola pedals are on the MSX.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

@houseofjob, would have been nice if you could have gotten Diana's impression on there.  The only female rider at the meet up.  Although she was only there to try the i5 which I lent her after, think she got a lot of good info and tried out some other wheels as well.  That is the cool part about the demo's, you get to try out all the other wheels that show up.

I would have loved to get that on video!, but I didn't even realize she tried the KS16X, as she seemed a bit intimidated by the weight when I mentioned she should try the demo.

44 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great video and concept allowing the attendees to voice their opinions. Videos of this caliber  (as @Marty Backe is aware) take a great deal time. Much appreciated! 

None of the negative comments have changed my mind about the purchase. My biggest concern was the neutral pedal angle on the demo but that appears to have been remedied in the production model.

Get some well deserved sleep!:thumbup:

Thanks Dan!

43 minutes ago, Adel said:

Thanks @houseofjob for this video and it was nice format getting all the different first impressions, but also look forward for your own review after you have spent more time evaluating the wheel.

What is interesting is the variety of opinions you get, from definitely liking and getting one to absolute hate and everything in between.

I think the issue with all EUC manufacturers is they don't build enough adjustability in the wheels. Every new EUC we get same complaints about pedal size and pedal angle. It would be nice if each company had standard pedals of different sizes that works on all their models. Also support some user adjustability to the pedal angle would be welcome feature by all users. 

Thanks!

Totally agree on universal / adjustable pedals and pedal angle. 

30 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

IMG_1936.jpg.ccddbe130b7fd2f727f53a66b61d4510.jpg

It looks like Apple vs Alien ware.... I never liked Apple much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

It looks like Apple vs Alien ware.... I never liked Apple much. 

I love how you are an unabashed KingSong lover :cheers:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I love how you are an unabashed KingSong lover :cheers:

Well that is acturly the odd part. If you recall some time back I defender the mint tablet look of Nikola as it didn't look at different to my KS18L in shape. 

But seeing videos from demo of the KS16X looks better somehow. I used to think the hidded wheel design made the EUC look more magical... 

I seriously don't know what happened to me... Really 😳

Note: can you tell KS that so I get a similar @Marty Backe GW vip discount.... Just KS style instead 😋

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

After reading the different reviews of the Nikola and the KS16x so far,  the Nikola seems to have a similar feeling to the MSX when it comes to tire comfort.  The KS16x seems to be a stiffer ride. Trying to remember what @Marty Backe said in his review of the Nikola.  I know @eddiemoy has stated that the demo KS16x had a harder ride with its tire. Not sure if this will be the production tire or not. Just curious if Chris @houseofjob @Kuji Rolls or anyone else has any insight on this.  Thanks

10 minutes ago, Sketch said:

After reading the different reviews of the Nikola and the KS16x so far,  the Nikola seems to have a similar feeling to the MSX when it comes to tire comfort.  The KS16x seems to be a stiffer ride. Trying to remember what @Marty Backe said in his review of the Nikola.  I know @eddiemoy has stated that the demo KS16x had a harder ride with its tire. Not sure if this will be the production tire or not. Just curious if Chris @houseofjob @Kuji Rolls or anyone else has any insight on this.  Thanks

I had to lower the tire pressure to 20 psi, on the 18L/S, i se 28 psi.  I go by the 20% rule for the 2.5" tires.  Seems I really have to let the air out of the tire to feel comfortable with it.  Then the oscillation issue came up when i went close to the top speed.  sux.  hope they will be able to address it with some firmware update.  hope it isn't something loose.  The preproduction wheel has a little more play then the other wheels i have.  

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well that is acturly the odd part. If you recall some time back I defender the mint tablet look of Nikola as it didn't look at different to my KS18L in shape. 

But seeing videos from demo of the KS16X looks better somehow. I used to think the hidded wheel design made the EUC look more magical... 

I seriously don't know what happened to me... Really 😳

Note: can you tell KS that so I get a similar @Marty Backe GW vip discount.... Just KS style instead 😋

I wish I got GW discount :(

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I had to lower the tire pressure to 20 psi, on the 18L/S, i se 28 psi.  I go by the 20% rule for the 2.5" tires.  Seems I really have to let the air out of the tire to feel comfortable with it.  Then the oscillation issue came up when i went close to the top speed.  sux.  hope they will be able to address it with some firmware update.  hope it isn't something loose.  The preproduction wheel has a little more play then the other wheels i have.  

Remind us Eddie, what's your riding weight, approximately? Just to add perspective for people reading your tire commentary.

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

140-145lbs

Great thanks, as I seemed to remember. This obviously helps to explain the desire for a much lower tire pressure than many people would think viable. Makes perfect sense.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great thanks, as I seemed to remember. This obviously helps to explain the desire for a much lower tire pressure than many people would think viable. Makes perfect sense.

the side walls of the 3" tire don't flex much with me on it until i bring it down to 20psi.  i want to let out even more air.  lol  i'll wait for mine to arrive before i play more with it.  hope they fix the oscillation issue by then.  not confident riding on it when every time i get to about 46km/h it starts to shake.  when i hold that speed, it becomes more pronounced.  

• Like 1

@eddiemoy the shakes is an Easter egg feature. You have an incoming call. Once you pass 40kmh it will shake since you can't hear ringtone for wind noise. 😉

Edited by Unventor

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

the side walls of the 3" tire don't flex much with me on it until i bring it down to 20psi.  i want to let out even more air.  lol  i'll wait for mine to arrive before i play more with it.  hope they fix the oscillation issue by then.  not confident riding on it when every time i get to about 46km/h it starts to shake.  when i hold that speed, it becomes more pronounced.  

I thought someone in @houseofjob's video said that the 16X was still speed locked. Could that have anything to do with the oscillations that you're getting? Anyway, that's certainly not a good sign :(

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought someone in @houseofjob's video said that the 16X was still speed locked. Could that have anything to do with the oscillations that you're getting? Anyway, that's certainly not a good sign :(

When I got the wheel from Chris, it had already just been unlocked.  But KS wheel are bound to a user, so had to hit up Tina to unbind it so I could bind it to my account to set the speed higher.  During the demo it was locked to 40km/h.  I set it to 49/50 for 3rd alarm and tiltback respectively.  

The issue is either imbalanced wheel or firmware issue.  I informed Tina, they are looking into the issue.  They mention the wheels they have doesn't do this.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

When I got the wheel from Chris, it had already just been unlocked.  But KS wheel are bound to a user, so had to hit up Tina to unbind it so I could bind it to my account to set the speed higher.  During the demo it was locked to 40km/h.  I set it to 49/50 for 3rd alarm and tiltback respectively.  

The issue is either imbalanced wheel or firmware issue.  I informed Tina, they are looking into the issue.  They mention the wheels they have doesn't do this.  

Good info. BTW, now I can't wait to ride the 16X :cry2:

Also, I didn't know the KS wheels are bound to a particular user. Is this a new "feature". I don't recall having to bind to my 18XL (the demo unit that you guys had for awhile).

What is it with these Chinese companies? Can't we just get unlocked wheels that don't require calling home to China? Ahem, like Gotway :P

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1