NYC KS-16X DEMO 6/16/19 12PM

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Take your time. Believe me, I know the time-suck video editing is (I probably have 20-hours of footage in the video locker).

Glad you had a successful and rain-free demo day :cheers:

P.s. Nice blue KS18(X)L. And funny that @Hsiang brought his i5 instead of the Z10 

LOL, you know the pain of editing Marty haha.

Yes, good turnout, probably the biggest(?) I've seen yet (not everyone was pictured unfortunately),.... and the rain co-operated, minus a few momentary passing drizzles.

Dunno if he reported here, but @Hsiang's Z is grounded due to something, either battery BMS or motor, as both his original board and replacement board sensors got fried, ala the ecoDrift report, but doesn't look like the sensors themselves are the root cause.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, you know the pain of editing Marty haha.

Yes, good turnout, probably the biggest(?) I've seen yet (not everyone was pictured unfortunately),.... and the rain co-operated, minus a few momentary passing drizzles.

Dunno if he reported here, but @Hsiang's Z is grounded due to something, either battery BMS or motor, as both his original board and replacement board sensors got fried, ala the ecoDrift report, but doesn't look like the sensors themselves are the root cause.

:D

Too bad about his Z10. I know he really liked that wheel. @Hsiang needs to have a more serious backup wheel. I think I'd shoot myself if all I could ride was the i5 :D

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I think I'd shoot myself if all I could ride was the i5 :D

Have you even done an i5 overheat hill test at least you wouldn't have far too walk back before it blew😊 or run out of battery 😊😂😂

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, stephen said:

Have you even done an i5 overheat hill test at least you wouldn't have far too walk back before it blew😊 or run out of battery 😊😂😂

I have ridden the i5 a couple of times. It wouldn't make it up 20-feet of Overheat Hill :laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Too bad about his Z10. I know he really liked that wheel. @Hsiang needs to have a more serious backup wheel. I think I'd shoot myself if all I could ride was the i5 :D

I wouldn't... 

... as I don't own a gun. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

If we have to race up the overheat hill while carrying our wheels, I'll win for sure with the i5! =D

Well @Marty Backe have been training.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Martin said:

Subscribed, even though I don't need another wheel :)

Need is one thing. 🤔

Like to is a totally different matter 😉

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Thanks Marty!

They are a hair under 6.5" measured (I lost track of what the highest pedaled wheel models were)

Yes, that seemed to come up a lot, as our ridership is heavy on Gotway & King Song riders, which we all know are not flat pedaled wheels.

But along with @US69, @Jason McNeil is confirming that KS HQ said the pedals will be ~10º

No, no, you Californians don't understand! By New Yorker speak, this means "Hello, lovely weather we're having here, isn't it?" :lol::lol:

But isn't all this very Eddie Moy?  :lol::lol:

What can I say? I'm a sucker for dog/cat gifs and will always try to sneak one or two in if I can :lol:

The Nikola and KS18(X)L are also 6.5". The MSX is 6-5/8", but with the steep dihedral, they feel more like 7+ inches.

Agreed :D

• Upvote 1

@houseofjob I didn't hear any feedback on pedal surface. Do you know if this is going to be grid tape style or that "new" rubberized surface some talked about used for scateboards? 

Edited by Unventor

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Nikola and KS18(X)L are also 6.5". The MSX is 6-5/8", but with the steep dihedral, they feel more like 7+ inches.

Agreed :D

In spec sheet pedal height is supposed to be 180mm or ~7"

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

@houseofjob

Chris!

Great video!!! i especially like the format...having people running it....and asking what they think about it! Couldnt be more fair than this!

What i hate is....that KS(or i) wasn’t intelligent enough to tell you that the pedals will get another angle....i guess that was the main concern of all people! 

Thanks for this video, will share it over all platforms i am in, and sure, also did subscribe to your channel...should have done that before :-)

Thanks, formerly-known-as-KS69! 

Yes, I wanted just a video of people's unadulterated, first impressions. 

And yes, it would have been great to have known about the pedal angle correction prior, but oh well.....

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@houseofjob I didn't hear any feedback on pedal surface. Do you know if this is going to be grid tape style or that "new" rubberized surface some talked about used for scateboards? 

Well, on this "almost-ready-for-production-but-not" KS16X here, the pedals were the same super-aggressive, rip-apart-your-sneaker-outsole griptape they've been using for the KS18XL large pedals.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, US69 said:

@houseofjob

Chris!

Great video!!! i especially like the format...having people running it....and asking what they think about it! Couldnt be more fair than this!

What i hate is....that KS(or i) wasn’t intelligent enough to tell you that the pedals will get another angle....i guess that was the main concern of all people! 

Thanks for this video, will share it over all platforms i am in, and sure, also did subscribe to your channel...should have done that before :-)

Mighty fine words. 

Like you stated unfortunate that KS didn't understand what first impression word of Internet means. It is risky to bring out a product in public, however public feedback could be just those comments that put the dot over the i. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@houseofjob, would have been nice if you could have gotten Diana's impression on there.  The only female rider at the meet up.  Although she was only there to try the i5 which I lent her after, think she got a lot of good info and tried out some other wheels as well.  That is the cool part about the demo's, you get to try out all the other wheels that show up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Mighty fine words. 

Like you stated unfortunate that KS didn't understand what first impression word of Internet means. It is risky to bring out a product in public, however public feedback could be just those comments that put the dot over the i. 

Unfortunatly i didnt know about the pedal angle, because i would have informed @houseofjob about it BEFORE...

But yeah...thats how its...directly after i heard anput the complains i returned to KS...and got a : allready fixed!

Sometimes it’s really hard to understand why some things dont make it to me...... :confused1:

9 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

@houseofjob, would have been nice if you could have gotten Diana's impression on there.  The only female rider at the meet up.  Although she was only there to try the i5 which I lent her after, think she got a lot of good info and tried out some other wheels as well.  That is the cool part about the demo's, you get to try out all the other wheels that show up.

Actually very funny....

One of the biggest KS fans i know, said: I hate it?!

But Ok...knowing your prefered tire setup and the flat pedals.....

• Upvote 1