NYC KS-16X DEMO 6/16/19 12PM

17 hours ago, houseofjob said:

😄😄

I am unfortunately not an official Gotway hill tester 😜 so between work and getting shots, haven't had much time to get online here 😢... all in due time.

But so far, IMHO the skinny is, you guys who had high hopes for this 16X I think won't be disappointed... minus one kink that I'm wanting to chalk up to early firmware (but would suck I think if still persisted for the actual production model).

What is the kink, can you please let us know ? Or you gonna leave us in suspense until you release the video review :popcorn:

On 6/13/2019 at 4:02 PM, houseofjob said:

@houseofjob I'm planning to come out for the 16X demo tomorrow. The weather forecast is looking Ok so far. Incidentally, I can't RSVP on the E-Riders site due to my lack of an active FB account. I sure hope this won't preclude me from participating...

30 minutes ago, Jeff Earl said:

I can't RSVP on the E-Riders site due to my lack of an active FB account. I sure hope this won't preclude me from participating...

The prerequisite for test riding is any one of the following;

• RSVP using an active FB account
  • Sign a contract / waiver (in blood)
  • Offer up your first-born...
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The prerequisite for test riding is any one of the following;

• RSVP using an active FB account
  • Sign a contract / waiver (in blood)
  • Offer up your first-born...

Taken from your company’s playbook?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Earl said:

@houseofjob I'm planning to come out for the 16X demo tomorrow. The weather forecast is looking Ok so far. Incidentally, I can't RSVP on the E-Riders site due to my lack of an active FB account. I sure hope this won't preclude me from participating...

Well, none of the details have changed, so the meeting flyer up top is still valid.

Only reason we post on FB (and I'm not a huge fan of FB) is because no other platform has a better and ubiquitous meeting invite feature.

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

Weird the sidewall doesn’t show the maximum load for the tire?

These are all the relevant markings. I don't think I've seen maximum load ratings for every tire I've come across, plus the real weakest link for load I think is the axle thickness + supports, and the shell integrity.

• Like 1

I had hope we see some comments from people who attended the demo. Maybe it is too soon? 

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I had hope we see some comments from people who attended the demo. Maybe it is too soon? 

They're probably  having too much fun trying it out to post anything :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Sheesh, we're not EUC forum posting robots :lol: (plus many are still riding)

I literally just got back from the demo, you know, where we do real human interaction and EUC communal eating stuff? :P (yes, yes, I get the anticipation from afar thing).... plus, the NYC ridership is not heavy on these particular forums.

I've got a long night ahead of me cutting up these demo impression videos,... *ugh* *sigh*

..... anyhoo.....

Thanks for everyone who showed up to the NYC demo today! (both pictured, and who came later)

mpkKYLx.jpg

Well it’s been 7hrs since the meet. I’m not expecting a professional YouTube video or full review or anything. 

Just surprised no one has uploaded a pic till now of the event. 

1 minute ago, Garrie Lim said:

Well it’s been 7hrs since the meet. I’m not expecting a professional YouTube video or full review or anything. 

Just surprised no one has uploaded a pic till now of the event. 

Nope, the meet ended an hour or two ago, just the invite says 2 hours.

Again, NYC ridership really isn't on here, they're on Facebook or Telegram..... but posts will come, I assure you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nope, the meet ended an hour or two ago, just the invite says 2 hours.

Again, NYC ridership really isn't on here, they're on Facebook or Telegram..... but posts will come, I assure you.

Looking forward to all your reviews

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Sheesh, we're not EUC forum posting robots :lol: (plus many are still riding)

I literally just got back from the demo, you know, where we do real human interaction and EUC communal eating stuff? :P (yes, yes, I get the anticipation from afar thing).... plus, the NYC ridership is not heavy on these particular forums.

I've got a long night ahead of me cutting up these demo impression videos,... *ugh* *sigh*

..... anyhoo.....

Thanks for everyone who showed up to the NYC demo today! (both pictured, and who came later)

mpkKYLx.jpg

Take your time. Believe me, I know the time-suck video editing is (I probably have 20-hours of footage in the video locker).

Glad you had a successful and rain-free demo day :cheers:

P.s. Nice blue KS18(X)L. And funny that @Hsiang brought his i5 instead of the Z10 

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Everyone is very excited and appreciative for all your efforts! Just don’t over extend yourself. We can wait a few more minutes. ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1