WARNING!!! Don't ride with v1.2.6 Firmware

SirGeraint

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude! I hope it isn't broken, glad it wasn't more serious. Thanks for the warning. If this is widespread, this should probably be pinned.

Heal up, and hope this gets sorted out soon.

• esaj pinned and featured this topic

Well I thought my finger was broken because it was bent inwards. But it was only dislocated. My knee hurt too but it's not broken either. I have road rash on my left forearm. Maybe I'll post pictures when I get home. 

I was wearing a skateboarders helmet, wrist guards, and knee & elbow pads.

I was 100% charged as do before my trail rides.

Assuming I can get it back on does anyone know  how to go back to V1.2.2 firmware?

Assuming I can get it back on does anyone know  how to go back to V1.2.2 firmware?

You could try getting an older version of the app (from Google Play? Or have they updated it?) and see if it lets you "update" to older version. Not sure if that's going to work though (or if it could cause other problems). I have some old version I got in spring on my machine, but the version-text file says the newest in it is 1.1.6.

I was wearing a skateboarders helmet, wrist guards, and knee & elbow pads.

I was 100% charged as do before my trail rides.

Incredible, you could have been:

1) Riding with little or no protection like most of us probably do (myself included at times)

2) Riding on a street (asphalt) or a sidewalk (concrete)

Instead you were wearing full protective gear AND riding on a trail -- which I'm assuming is a dirt trail and much softer and more forgiving than the street.

Things could have been much, much worse.

Glad you made it with nothing broken and that you were where you were when it happened! Hope Ninebot gets this sorted out, not having a functioning wheel is something I wouldn't wish on anyone...

It was an asphalt bike trail. But as a friend of mine said "At least it wasn't in traffic.".

I made it home and when I plug it into the charger and push the power button it gives a quick energized grunt. If I hold the power button it will do that over and over. So, I'm not sure what that tells me. I'm not sure if I should open it due warranty issues.

So, @KaleOsaurusRex, what course of action should I take?

@SirGeraint

I'm sorry to hear that you got hurt riding man. It's pretty weird that this happened; it seems like a lot of people who have installed this firmware update are having problems; that's very strange. It makes me angry at Ninebot, and I don't understand why they would let this happen to their customers.

The warranty is through NinebotUS, so they are the ones to contact for sure. The warranty is one year, and should have everything taken care of.

I will email you and follow through the process with you, to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Thanks, @KaleOsaurusRex, I wasn't sure if you knew that I ordered my 9B1 from you.  I will await your email regarding the process.

I hope NinebotUS does a better job fixing mine than they did with @Jdestef's.  Maybe they will just send me a Controller board or whatever.  Also, I know I've got a 320Wh battery.

There are a few ironic things about this.  One is that I was saying that I hoped whatever the firmware changed would be something noticeable, not just something trivial.  Well, it was noticeable alright.  The other ironic thing is that I recently posted that I don't know if I would buy an EU that didn't have updateable firmware (because that way you could get continual improvements (that didn't require hardware modifications)) and then I get 'bit' by one of those 'improvements'.

I don't recall if I mentioned this but this happened less than 2 minutes after I left my car and only about 0.30 miles down the trail.  So the good news is I only had to carry it 0.30 miles back to the car.  :)  I video all of my rides and I had just started talking to the camera about the firmware upgrade and then I said "It feels different." and about 5 seconds later WHAM.

So lesson learned next time I upgrade the firmware (IF I UPGRADE my Firmware) I will start by grabbing a pole and going back and forth for quite a while.  Then I will creep along as slow as I can for a while.  Not sure what after that.  I will say that I had the utmost trust in my 9B1.  I knew what to expect. From the tilt-backs to the tilt-forwards I knew what it was telling me.  I hope I can get that trust back (hopefully with V1.2.2 firmware).

Well, it's 1:45am and I am rambling from the pain pills.  Time to take another one and see if I can get to sleep.

Hello, my IOS app proposes firmware upgrade to 1.2.7 (yes, seven). The updates has been issued today.

Anyone got the change log from the new app? In Android version, it's under /res/raw/one_egversion.txt (The .apk itself is just a zip-file). Just wondering if it says anything like "hot fix for 1.2.6" or similar, ie. are they aware that 1.2.6 has problems.

Now you guys have got me worried - I upgraded my firmware in the week when I managed to get a phone compatible with the Bluetooth V4 (I know, it's been a while!).

Just checked it now and I can see V1.2.2 in the 'Detail Info' screen with the latest V1.2.7 being available.  Now ordinarily I'd have just blindly updated but thankfully I read the updates on the forum while having a little lye-in and now I don't know what to do?

Under the update it just says 'Resolve some bugs' and 20151003 (today).

Under that it shows V1.2.3 and the same message about resolving some bugs as above but with 20150918.

Nothing about a '.6' version.

So, wait until something 'official' comes out or go for it to '.7' and see what happens???

After I stated I updated successfully to 1.2.6 I didnt ride it longer than a bit back and forth and tested the ride style changing it from 1 to 7 rebooting trying back and forth in place and setting it back to 1 and rebooting, trying again. So today I read this thread and went to check the update again. The bot was shaking hard as well. It connected and I am now updating 1.2.7 as I type. Lets see. will take it for a quick ride around the lawn afterwards, with protection... <_<

Edit: I survived! Rode it for 2 minutes on the lawn, slow to fast, hard accel, hard brake
I also noticed the changelog removing the 1.2.5 and 6 out of the list.

Confirmed at the cost of a broken wrist !!

Last night I received the message to update the firmware which I did. This morning went out for a ride. I rode for about 500 meters on a asphalted bycicle lane when it just shutdown and sent me flying. Luckily I wasnt riding too fast but I ended up with a scraped knee and my wrist hurting like crazy. I can't move it and suspect it is broken. I am heading to the hospital now.

@SirGeraint Let me know if you get the NB1 back alive. Mine does not turn on either after the cutout,

I have not been able to get mine power on. I haven't wanted to open it in case it would void the warranty.  About the only thing I think I could do is disconnect the battery from the power from the Controller Board to see if that would reset something.  I don't know if there's another way to reset it.

The wreck may have damaged the battery since it behaves differently with the charger plugged in.

It does sound like V1.2.7 was released to fix the problem.  I hope it does. (But I don't have any way to update since I can't get it turned on.)

• esaj unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived