WARNING!!! Don't ride with v1.2.6 Firmware

SirGeraint

@River_rider Ice is your friend.  I guess the doctor told you to ice it.  Thanks for the good information.  I am still at 1.2.2 but was considering going to 1.2.7.   Obviously, I won't be doing that in light of recent events. 

I hope Ninebot gets their software act together, or else I hope someone else eats their lunch. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have upgraded to 1.27 two weeks back. We have not experienced any incident so far. My wife and daughter also uses it. But we do not exceed the limits and we treat the bot gently. Sorry for all the accidents and wishing for your speedy recovery.

RICE, rest, ice, compression, elevation above your heart.  You can try a brace or wrapping with an elastic bandage if that helps. try naproxen or ibuprofen for pain, and protect yourself from injuring that wrist again until it heals, ie no sports or don't land on it sadly. If the wrist is still painful after a couple days, you might need another xray and orthopedic surgery followup, it's your hands so they are important. Sometimes the first xray doesn't show the problem.

I really wish we had the ability to downgrade the firmware. They would just need to make the .bin files available and let us upload the .bin through the ui. 

Also another nice thing would be if we could disable the annoying update notifications.

I keep our 9b1 on 1.22. I lost trust in Ninebot properly testing firmware since the rodeo/ tilt forward disaster. My wife will either get a KS16 or GW16 (if Gotway release it in this year and without Christmas light show like the MCM4) to replace the 9b1 for her. The kids will get the 9b1. The problems in 1.22 are not feasible with their low weights and motor temperature is also no problem.

I upgraded my firmware from 1.2.2 to 1.2.7. That was about 500 or so miles ago. I enjoy the update. My wheel feels smoother, faster (nothing to boast about), and still performs the same. My riding style is probably like most peoples - pegged at redline, hopping off curbs at speed, aggressive turning in tight spots, and zig zagging instead of going in a straight line. 1.2.7 isn't a ground breaking firmware update but more of a polish. There's something to say about subtle changes. I'm enjoying my wheel more than I did with 1.2.2. that's for sure.

Ride safe and breath the fresh air.

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Gil said:

As it is now impossible to migrate to 1.2.6 and nobody received a ninebot preloaded with 1.2.6, perhaps could we unpin this thread ?

Yeah, likely people won't encounter wheels with 1.2.6 anymore, unpinning.

• esaj unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived