King Song KS18XL

tinawong

On 11/5/2018 at 5:09 AM, Fastmike said:

My V10F got on fire because the battery had no casing.

I have never heard of wheels catching fire ever being a problem with KS wheels. The battery packs on all versions prior to 18L came wrapped in blue plastic shrink-wrap covering.

@houseofjob Very good video, good review and good humor.
I'll definitely re-adjust the trolley sensor screws next time I open it (if ever), as it's not working well on my 18L, so I am not using it.
Not a big need for me anyways.

1 hour ago, Jean Dublin said:

@houseofjob Very good video, good review and good humor.
I'll definitely re-adjust the trolley sensor screws next time I open it (if ever), as it's not working well on my 18L, so I am not using it.
Not a big need for me anyways.

Thanks!

and yes, the trolley sensor works much much better if you don’t completely tighten the screw hard, then app re-calibrate. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deamon65 said:

New KS18XL owner, coming from a ninebot one E+.

Noticed when carving low or at higher speeds,  I get a tilt back sensation. Not sure if this is a setting or simply a matter of getting use to the bigger wheel.

🤔🤔. It seems that you just need to adjust to the feel of a bigger wheel. 

2 hours ago, Deamon65 said:

New KS18XL owner, coming from a ninebot one E+.

Noticed when carving low or at higher speeds,  I get a tilt back sensation. Not sure if this is a setting or simply a matter of getting use to the bigger wheel.

This is not the same but still...

I upgraded from Inmotion V8 to Kingsong KS18L. They have very different feel and tiltback.

As you are shifting brand I think you will feel the behave different too.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, Jason McNeil said:

We're going ahead with this upgraded project in the new year, but for US Customers only I'm afraid.

Actually all the credit for this video goes to Jediah at U-Stride :) 

The upgrade price for the larger pedals shouldn't be more than $70. 

I cant wait for you to offer this. I want to upgrade and change mynhousimg to the matte black finish. 

• 3 weeks later...

Right..

Let's say I would like to buy an 18XL this spring because of the large battery and I would definitely want the larger pedals and live in Finland. 

Who sells this wheel and the pedals in Europe or should I order from somewhere else? Any other europeans bought the 18XL with larger pedals yet? 

Any idea on prices over here? 

49 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Any idea on prices over here? 

I listed three known and credible distributors, prices according to their websites, shipping not included:

Speedy Feet (from United Kingdom) - 2195 GBP/~2431 EUR + 71 GBP/~79 EUR for a pair of new pedals

King Song Europe (from France) - 2499 EUR + 70 or 140 EUR for a pair of new pedals (I'm not sure if the 70 EUR is for single item or complete set)

eunicycles.eu (from Poland) - 2354 EUR (already with large pedals)

5 hours ago, Seba said:

I listed three known and credible distributors, prices according to their websites, shipping not included:

Speedy Feet (from United Kingdom) - 2195 GBP/~2431 EUR + 71 GBP/~79 EUR for a pair of new pedals

King Song Europe (from France) - 2499 EUR + 70 or 140 EUR for a pair of new pedals (I'm not sure if the 70 EUR is for single item or complete set)

At spring 2019 or late q1 early/q2 2019, prices in uk might be different due to brexit, just a thought. 

On 11/1/2018 at 1:08 AM, tinawong said:

driving frequency of motor increased to 12Kz, that means more comfortable riding. 

I've never seen this subject discussed before.  I assume this has something to do with the speed the MOSfets can switch.  What is a typical speed for wheels, and what is the potential?

16 hours ago, Seba said:

Thank you. 

So 2500€ over here. I was prepared to pay 2000€, but this needs some more thinking. I hope the prices come down soon. 

I’m not sure if it’s worth upgrading from V10F. 

53 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Thank you. 

So 2500€ over here. I was prepared to pay 2000€, but this needs some more thinking. I hope the prices come down soon. 

I’m not sure if it’s worth upgrading from V10F. 

I'm now upgrading to KS-18XL from KS-18L. KS-18L is a great and very comfy wheel so I can ride it for hours, but 1036 Wh is too limiting me. With XL you'll get more range, power and comfort comparing to V10F. But you have to answer yourself if upgrading to KS-18XL is a viable and justified option for you.

31 minutes ago, Seba said:

I'm now upgrading to KS-18XL from KS-18L. KS-18L is a great and very comfy wheel so I can ride it for hours, but 1036 Wh is too limiting me. With XL you'll get more range, power and comfort comparing to V10F. But you have to answer yourself if upgrading to KS-18XL is a viable and justified option for you.

V10F has the same power and comfort is up there already, I'm not looking to upgrade those qualities. But, like you, I need more range for those long rides. :)

I'm also interested in just trying something new. I think I will wait until April and see what happens with the market. 

On 1/4/2019 at 12:26 AM, Seba said:

Wait is Jason rolling out the battery pack trade program right now? Or did you just buy a new 18xl

2 hours ago, Han Vo said:

Wait is Jason rolling out the battery pack trade program right now? Or did you just buy a new 18xl

No, I'm just buying new wheel.

Archived