King Song KS18XL

tinawong

To cater the market demand, king song has released 18L with bigger battery 1554wh , that is also named 18XL by our distributors. 

Key features:

l  1554wh battery

l  2000w motor, top speed ups to 50km/h

l  With lift sensor, stop rotate automatically when life it up.

l  Integrated trolley bar, trolly it when walking, portable and convenient

l  Hi-Fi speaker, enjoy music while reading

l  Dual USB ports, accelerate charging speed

Compared to 18L, in addition to bigger battery, it has louder speaker, driving frequency of motor increased to 12Kz, that means more comfortable riding. 

Video made by ewheels (www.ewheels.com ) : 

More videos will follow soon. 

Welcome to contact with me to get local dealer contact info. (tina@szkingsong.com ) 

Just a thought, would be nice to have a trade-in option on you KS18L, if you would like the upgraded version but were an early adaptor. Considering this seem a mature version from lesson learned from KS18L launch.

Just a thought. Btw like that you took away customer and dealers feedback to make a great wheel better. Just my humble opinion.

10 hours ago, tim716 said:

Hi, is it possible to see a photo of an 18XL's insides? I'd like to see how its larger batteries are placed and protected inside the case.

Definitely of an interest to me as well. US69 mentioned that the final production version will have batteries protection enclosures. Will that be so?

On 11/1/2018 at 2:23 PM, Unventor said:

Just a thought, would be nice to have a trade-in option on you KS18L, if you would like the upgraded version but were an early adaptor. Considering this seem a mature version from lesson learned from KS18L launch.

We're going ahead with this upgraded project in the new year, but for US Customers only I'm afraid.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:08 PM, tinawong said:

Video made by ewheels (www.ewheels.com ) : 

Actually all the credit for this video goes to Jediah at U-Stride :) 

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

I purchased my wheel from Kingsong Europe, but cannot see availability for those pedals. Is there any way to purchase those from Europe?

The upgrade price for the larger pedals shouldn't be more than $70. 

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

We're going ahead with this upgraded project in the new year, but for US Customers only I'm afraid.

Actually all the credit for this video goes to Jediah at U-Stride :) 

The upgrade price for the larger pedals shouldn't be more than $70. 

Jason will the larger pedals be available for KS18L owners by themselves?

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent review. I may now have add the KS18 XL to my 2019 EUC shopping list. 

You need to enroll your wife into @Marty Backe's famous hidden Zen EUC training camp for Wife's ?

On 11/1/2018 at 8:02 PM, tinawong said:

Personally, I hope there is trade in options for king song fans to thanks for your support of our brand, but unfortunally, currently, king song is not capable to afford this program.

People are willing to pay money for this option, so "afford" shouldn't be a factor.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:08 PM, tinawong said:

To cater the market demand, king song has released 18L with bigger battery 1554wh , that is also named 18XL by our distributors. 

Key features:

driving frequency of motor increased to 12Kz, that means more comfortable riding. 

Hi,

Is this above mentioned motor-drive enhancement in the 18XL Prototype that is making the rounds?  The two reviews have commented that the ride is basically the same as the 18L.

24 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Is this above mentioned motor-drive enhancement in the 18XL Prototype that is making the rounds?  The two reviews have commented that the ride is basically the same as the 18L.

Think Tina means the PWM frequency noise, not some kind of performance enhancement.

Didn’t even think about this, as I’m used to switching wheels of different makers so often, but looking back (not 100% sure) I do believe the mosquito buzz might have been quieter, as I really only notice when it’s bad.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Think Tina means the PWM frequency noise, not some kind of performance enhancement.

Didn’t even think about this, as I’m used to switching wheels of different makers so often, but looking back (not 100% sure) I do believe the mosquito buzz might have been quieter, as I really only notice when it’s bad.

Thanks, A higher PWM should make the motor run smother, but without knowing the change, it's hard to know if it is a noticeable difference.  I was thinking that since Jason never mentioned it, it may not be in the prototype.

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

Thanks, A higher PWM should make the motor run smother, but without knowing the change, it's hard to know if it is a noticeable difference.  I was thinking that since Jason never mentioned it, it may not be in the prototype.

Ah, I see. Not an EE myself, so I’ll take your word on that!

On 11/2/2018 at 10:04 PM, hal2000 said:

Definitely of an interest to me as well. US69 mentioned that the final production version will have batteries protection enclosures. Will that be so?

I have said that i hoped that...as the current ewheels version is only a prototype...in the end we will see! :smartass:

But to be honest: Even if it is not in a plastik case, i absolutely dont understand the questions and/or worrying about it. When the battery is not in a plastik case, it is -like in all competitors models and like before- in a blue shrinked wrapped professional done package. And: perhaps some people think that inside the cells are only held by nickel strips together. This is as wrong as it only could be, and it never was like that. The cells are - on top and bottom- held together by special plastik clips for especially that situation. Thats how GW, IM, KS, 9B all do it.....(KS then even makes sure the shrink wrap is silicon sealed)

The idea that ewheels/Jason mentioned....to „sink“ all  the cells completly into silicon is not done on such cell packages and in reality a bad idea. That is just not good for heat dissipation. 

I am just a little bit concern by the XL. My V10F got on fire because the battery had no casing. IM is trying to correct that by adding a case to better protect the battery against water.

The KS18L was perfect in that regard with nice insulated cases for the battery packs.

On the KS18XL, KS decided to remove the cases to make more space for additional batteries... hope they will not create an exposure to the same issue that IM is facing!

Future will  tell...

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

I am just a little bit concern by the XL. My V10F got on fire because the battery had no casing. IM is trying to correct that by adding a case to better protect the battery against water.

The KS18L was perfect in that regard with nice insulated cases for the battery packs.

On the KS18XL, KS decided to remove the cases to make more space for additional batteries... hope they will not create an exposure to the same issue that IM is facing!

Future will  tell...

How do you know they did that? As far as I have seen here on the forum, it is only a pre-producting wheel people have use to show of the wheel.

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

Future will  tell...

If you take a look inside the other King Song wheels you will notice that battery pack is enclosed in a blue plastic wrapping. And not only King Song uses this kind of wrapping, this is de facto standard - in wheels, ebikes etc. Battery should be protected from water ingress not by waterproofing battery itself, but by waterproofing whole wheel, paying special attention to seal electronics and battery compartment. In fact, battery should not be sealed in a way that will lead to accumulation of water condensate what is the common problem after riding in cold season.

Also, I don't think we have to worry about battery failure due to impact. Side impact to battery zone is unlikely, because pedal and knee pad protects wheel from touching the ground by the side panel. My KS18L is already full of scratches due minor or major falls, but battery areas are untouched.

27 minutes ago, Seba said:

In fact, battery should not be sealed in a way that will lead to accumulation of water condensate what is the common problem after riding in cold season.

What is the way to seal the battery such that it does not accumulate condensation water?

Just now, Mono said:

What is the way to seal the battery such that it does not accumulate condensation water?

In theory battery pack should allow good ventillation for heat removal and evaporation or drainage of condensed water. However practice is different :) Still, only IM had a problems with fire due to water ingress to the battery pack.

Archived