Ninebot One Z Teardown by houseofjob

houseofjob

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I dig those animal pics and other icons you have incorporated into the video. Great job all the way around. I will watch people unscrew anything. Ok and probably the contrapositive of that statement too.  ?

???

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Awesome informative video! The asymmetric build is cool.

My thoughts, too. What would happen, e.g., if you crossed both yellow battery connectors (they are right next to each other)?

Should not be an issue as they are normally Y connected anyways.  The only time it would be an issue is if the two batteries had become out of sync voltage wise.  If they have a significant difference in voltage, then there would be a spark when connected, and sometimes enough spark to melt the connector.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Fantastic job on the video.  Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Thanks for your thanks!

42 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

It’s one pack, but appears to be two packs internally. 

Seems that way, what with 2 XT60 connectors, terminating in 2 pairs of power cables to the lower board.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I dig those animal pics and other icons you have incorporated into the video. Great job all the way around.

16 hours ago, steve454 said:

The best teardown video ever.  Wow that looks like a well designed product.   

18 minutes ago, Adumb said:

Great vid, it was truly entertaining. Cheers.

Thanks guys! 

• Like 2

@houseofjob Great review! Most important technical material far better than any manual.

Question - did you had by chance the opportunity to check if Z10 is recognized by DarknessBot application (for Iphone) ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

And no, I didn’t try to connect to the Z10 with DarknessBot unfortunately ?

I have left the comment under chooch videos, but maybe he did not notice...    I do not see "chooch"  active in this forum..

Just now, Lukasz said:

I have left the comment under chooch videos, but maybe he did not notice...    I do not see "chooch"  active in this forum..

Yes, saw that.

Don’t new wheels typically work with 3rd party apps, just the readings (like voltage, etc) are just off? Until the developer can obtain the wheel....

And yeah, don’t get the feeling Chooch is on here much, if at all.

@houseofjob Can You PM me chooch email possibly? 

Normally - like gotway / kingsong / inmotion - they keep the same protocol in most cases...   however NB has the tendency to modify the communication for each next wheel...    I am really used to use WheelLog app with Pebble on Android phone - I now ride KS16S  , but WheelLog does not support Ninebot..   and DarknessBot support Ninebot One E+ , but it does not support Pebble..   we are stuck, until some knowledgeable developer adds NB communication to WheelLog  - regarding Pebble use -   see below...

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

Ok, no problem - I somehow thought that You (Z10 testers) somehow know each other. Lets wait that chooch responds to the YT comment..

Because of all of you testing this z10. I am almost on the verge of buying this. Its between this and msuper x. It seems like the quality engineering of this z10 makes me feel secure that it's not going to cut off the motor while I'm on it; unlike the e+ which I had before, and where it happened twice. I had the circuit board replaced 2 times.

Edited by Vikas
  • Like 1