Marty Backe

My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

@Marty Backe I do need to get my MCM5 and Tesla out of storage. You are so lucky to be able to ride throughout the year. My wife wants to move south to be closer to my son and grand- daughters. The warmer weather would be nice but I’m not ready to give up my practice. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe I do need to get my MCM5 and Tesla out of storage. You are so lucky to be able to ride throughout the year. My wife wants to move south to be closer to my son and grand- daughters. The warmer weather would be nice but I’m not ready to give up my practice. 

I'm riding my MCM5 to the physical therapist. They had me demo EUC riding in their office. So funny considering that's what caused me to be in their office :blink1:

To ride year-round really is nice. Something for you to look forward to. Where exactly is "move south", because some parts of the "south" could be just as unpleasant, but in the summer instead of winter?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hmmm, can moderators take away privileges from other moderators? I need super-moderator privileges :efef77eaf5:

Face it Marty your all over the internet so it’s tough to eradicate all of those pesky photos. :P HIGH fives to the guy that captured that hilarious photo. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm riding my MCM5 to the physical therapist. They had me demo EUC riding in their office. So funny considering that's what caused me to be in their office :blink1:

I was asked to bring my wheel in as well but it never happened. To soon after the break.  I’m sure the PT staff and other patients were  intrigued. 

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

To ride year-round really is nice. Something for you to look forward to. Where exactly is "move south", because some parts of the "south" could be just as unpleasant, but in the summer instead of winter?

My son lives in Little Rock so there are mild temps year-round. I have grand kids here as well so that makes moving tough. Driving to AK takes 12 hours. It might make sense for me to resume flying again but a helicopter would take too long and I hate flying in small planes. Unfortunately I’ll be boarding a 4 passenger plane next week to visit my brother so I had better suck it up.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I was asked to bring my wheel in as well but it never happened. To soon after the break.  I’m sure the PT staff and other patients were  intrigued. 

My son lives in Little Rock so there are mild temps year-round. I have grand kids here as well so that makes moving tough. Driving to AK takes 12 hours. It might make sense for me to resume flying again but a helicopter would take too long and I hate flying in small planes. Unfortunately I’ll be boarding a 4 passenger plane next week to visit my brother so I had better suck it up.

First world problems :D Imagine what people in the 19th century would think of your problem, considering that when they moved away from family they never saw them again.

Looking on the bright side, when you're retired you'll have all the time in the world for visiting. Maybe the solution is to live halfway between both? A 6-hour drive is right at the cusp of being too long, which is good. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have demoed my EUCs now 6+ times (I am starting to loose count) at hospitals and doctors office, on demard or request from staff to see how it works. Last time was thurseday previous week. 

Welcome to show your EUC to doctors club. 😁😎

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Keep throwing yourself at the ground and that decision might be made for you.;)

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

They are probably trying to figure out how they can drum up more business.  Maybe by offering discount wheels for sale.

• Like 1