My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

T

21 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Nice that BLUE ACM2 sure stands out.  Just missing couple of wheels though... :D

Well the Z is on order and the MSX well I went down to where the "HOOKERS" hang out looking for MS MSX... wouldn't play by the hour... wants a marriage proposal... we will see :efefb6a84e:

And your getting an Invoice along with Marty's... FREAKIN GUYS...  :cheers:

• Like 3

I just rode my Tesla for 9 miles, then the ACM for about 10, then the MCM5 for 5... I love these things... Time for a cocktail....

So my new "MUST HAVE" line-up for people who only can have 3 wheels is ACMv2. MCM5, and even though I have not ridden it yet... Z10... that would cover all avenues, range, sporty, off road, etc...

:eff00eab1e::eff00eab1e::eff00eab1e:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I just rode my Tesla for 9 miles, then the ACM for about 10, then the MCM5 for 5... I love these things... Time for a cocktail....

So my new "MUST HAVE" line-up for people who only can have 3 wheels is ACMv2. MCM5, and even though I have not ridden it yet... Z10... that would cover all avenues, range, sporty, off road, etc...

:eff00eab1e::eff00eab1e::eff00eab1e:

ohh I don't know but MSXena is sooo smoooth with 3" wide tire.  I just didn't want you to miss out on the Xena...  Don't forget the Mten3 the little jewel... :D  It's looking like I will end up paying retail for Z10, but next year, have too many girls to give my attention to this year... :cheers:

Edited by Mark Lee

36 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

ohh I don't know but MSXena is sooo smoooth with 3" wide tire.  I just didn't want you to miss out on the Xena...  Don't forget the Mten3 the little jewel... :D  It's looking like I will end up paying retail for Z10, but next year, have too many girls to give my attention to this year... :cheers:

DUDE... just tell me how much commission you are getting and I will cut you a check... it will be MUCH Cheaper...LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

Hey @Mark Lee you  have the 100 MSX?.... I haven't been following totally what's going on but it seems there may be an issue with the 100? burning up or charger or something... as my new REP, I need constant updates... lol  no seriously what's going on with that?

I have 84V from what I gather on the forum,  100 V is slower at lower speed but have higher top end.  Another issue with 100V is the charger is burning up @EUC GUY's video and from what @Marty Backe's research from facebook.  At this time you'd be better off getting the 84V with 1600Wh vs ~1250Wh from 100V.  It's a great machine... 

• Like 2

Yes, I think there was some confusion by people on how Motors work - I know Alien Rides was expecting more hill climbing power with his 100V, and did not realize that torque comes from Amp while Speed comes from Volts.   And in this design they are bumping from 84v to 100v raises the voltage by lowering the amps (so as you said you get a higher top end speed, but at the cost of torque in all speed ranges, you just don't notice it was much as you approach the higher speeds and lack the voltage to drive them higher).

I guess what I'm saying is don't expect this to be an issue that is addressed without a complete redesign, because in general it's how all the current design works as I understand it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Crazy Terrain... any reason you were riding the wheel backwards part of the time???

This hill was exhausting to ride. I just lost track of which end was the front. Fortunately they ride the same backward :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, downtown said:

The MCM5 looks great. Any recommendation between MCM5 or the Inmotion V10F if I am planning on upgrading from an Inmotion V8?

They are very different wheels.  Can you say something about how you ride and what you're looking for from the next wheel?

Hi Marty. Thanks for replying. I am a newbie to the EUC world. Just bought my Inmotion V8 from Jason for several weeks and been basically riding around my neighborhood in the City of Walnut, CA. I pretty much do leisure riding and although we have slight hills here and there the V8 tackles it pretty well. I was hoping to look for something even more comfortable to ride with a little more power if I need it but at the same time not being too big and bulky which was why I was looking at your review of the MCM5. I like the V10 but also saw in one of your videos that the V10 kept on having so much issues turning off as you guys were doing mountain riding. 

• Like 1

I would decide what 

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

They are very different wheels.  Can you say something about how you ride and what you're looking for from the next wheel?

EXACTLY... you are comparing a 14" to a 16" wheel... you need to think about what kind of riding you are going to do and then pick the size wheel then the manufacturer... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, downtown said:

Hi Marty. Thanks for replying. I am a newbie to the EUC world. Just bought my Inmotion V8 from Jason for several weeks and been basically riding around my neighborhood in the City of Walnut, CA. I pretty much do leisure riding and although we have slight hills here and there the V8 tackles it pretty well. I was hoping to look for something even more comfortable to ride with a little more power if I need it but at the same time not being too big and bulky which was why I was looking at your review of the MCM5. I like the V10 but also saw in one of your videos that the V10 kept on having so much issues turning off as you guys were doing mountain riding. 

Given what you are looking for and the two choices offered, I would get the V10F. I have some more positive V10F videos on my channel (see the V10F Playlist). The power issues (and the wheel was not turning off) were due to extreme mountain climbing. You would not having any issues unless climbing long steep hills.

Edited by Marty Backe

Yeah, no problem, anytime.  I live near Lemon Creek Park, but I like riding up to Amar  towards Grand through Creekside Park sometimes for leisure, so I probably pass by your area quite frequently.  I had the MCM5 maybe about 2 months and hardly ride it, think I h ve a about 9 miles on it only.  I prefer riding my KS 16s instead and is my main commuter.

• Like 1

I own and ride both regularly; these are my main two wheels. Both are good at what they do, but are very different. You know the prices and specs, and the typical virtues of different-sized tires. so let me describe the feeling: It's planted vs. poised; one's a nimble tool, the other is a virtuoso partner. The MCM5 is very intuitive and will do anything you want without fighting you on it (except with some occasional, inconsistent pedal dip coming out of turns -- maybe that's just mine, though) The V10F is more of an acquired taste that requires longer-term practice. It'll also do anything you want (within its well documented-technical limitations), but you have to learn the right way to ask* it. You'll know you have it when this heavy wheel feels weightless during maneuvers. (*The high pedals mean it can do things you might not have thought to ask -- I tend to pedal scrape the MCM5.)

When I reach for one of these two, it's usually the V10F, because I feel like more of my body is in on the action, leaning with the turns and mirroring the shape of the ride. I find that it rides best a little underinflated, making it grippy and carve-happy. Fully inflated, it's a bit squirely, riding on a very narrow band of flat center tread and becoming briefly unstable whenever you turn just enough to take it off that band.

• Like 3

I reached my max post yesterday and couldn't reply. Thank you for the feedback and comparison between the V10F and MCM5.

Yunicycle, I'd love to meet up with you briefly to try out your MCM5. Please let me know how I can reach you to coordinate. I still can't send you a message yet as I am a new member. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...