My MCM5 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

55 minutes ago, Skrew said:

Thanks Marty, yes they do Mten3 mcm5 and tesla in 67v now days.... Iam not really sure about your answer, to big load because of The small battery pack? Only 280wh.....  Iam not good in math, max amp cell etc and how many cells they are and so on?  

I guess the real question is why do you need a fast charger for such a small battery. The stock charger would work great (fast).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I guess the real question is why do you need a fast charger for such a small battery. The stock charger would work great (fast).

fast charger cost almost as much as adding another pack of that size, doubling the capacity and making it much safer! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

@Marty Backe did you ever implement this MCM5 tire mod?

If so, I’m curious about your thoughts on the modification process and the resulting wheel feel.

No. I was getting close to trying it but then decided to sell the MCM5 because I just wasn't using the wheel enough. When I got the MSP with its high-torque wheel I felt that I'd never need the torque of the MCM5 again.

• Like 3

@Marty Backe you sold another wheel?? Are you feeling ok?? :laughbounce2:

Of I get an msp I was thinking of selling my mcm5 too. Seeing your video of the msp going up that single track that only the mcm5 had gone up prior helped a lot with the thought of selling it. Having the range and the climbing abilities would make the mcm5 collect dust for me too.

Are you going to be getting a V11 to out through the mnt stress test and range test? Your riding preferences closely match mine so I always put a lot of stock in your opinions. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flying W said:

@Marty Backe you sold another wheel?? Are you feeling ok?? :laughbounce2:

Of I get an msp I was thinking of selling my mcm5 too. Seeing your video of the msp going up that single track that only the mcm5 had gone up prior helped a lot with the thought of selling it. Having the range and the climbing abilities would make the mcm5 collect dust for me too.

Are you going to be getting a V11 to out through the mnt stress test and range test? Your riding preferences closely match mine so I always put a lot of stock in your opinions. 

I think the MSP can do anything I want in trail riding, so it was time to make room for another wheel. Fortunately I found a good home for the MCM5.

I fully expect to have access to the V11 and S18 for testing. Can't wait. I know I'll own one of them, but which will it be???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think the MSP can do anything I want in trail riding, so it was time to make room for another wheel. Fortunately I found a good home for the MCM5.

I fully expect to have access to the V11 and S18 for testing. Can't wait. I know I'll own one of them, but which will it be???

i am now somewhat excited for the V11 since they announced the upgraded battery 1500 Wh now, the decreased price, the increased top speed of 55 kph, and said they are working on a seat.... this may well be my next wheel.. i had previously written it off but this competition between manufacturers is turning out to be very favorable to us :) sadly even though i absolutely love the looks of the S18 i cannot consider it with a battery that small.... if they announce an S18X i may be swayed

• Like 1

Just to throw in an opinion here on the mcm5 which I’ve stated many times.. The  mcm5 is probably one of the most underrated wheels out there, it’s agility, light handling and quickness can’t be beat. This especially true for city riding, doing errands where you have to pick up the wheel etc.

I ran into fedex store in nyc today did a 180 degree turn all while dropping off my package and sprinted out the automatic door, all while the staff didn’t blink an eye. It’s still a beauty of a wheel, and will always remain in my quiver. I highly recommend it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Just to throw in an opinion here on the mcm5 which I’ve stated many times.. The  mcm5 is probably one of the most underrated wheels out there, it’s agility, light handling and quickness can’t be beat. This especially true for city riding, doing errands where you have to pick up the wheel etc.

I ran into fedex store in nyc today did a 180 degree turn all while dropping off my package and sprinted out the automatic door, all while the staff didn’t blink an eye. It’s still a beauty of a wheel, and will always remain in my quiver. I highly recommend it!

Well said. For me, the Tesla will be my super nimble wheel, but you can't be the ultra portability along with performance of the MCM5.

Maybe I'll get another when when the MCM6 is released :D

1 hour ago, Flying W said:

I've put 3500 miles on mine!

:shock2:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

i am now somewhat excited for the V11 since they announced the upgraded battery 1500 Wh now, the decreased price, the increased top speed of 55 kph, and said they are working on a seat.... this may well be my next wheel.. i had previously written it off but this competition between manufacturers is turning out to be very favorable to us :) sadly even though i absolutely love the looks of the S18 i cannot consider it with a battery that small.... if they announce an S18X i may be swayed

I'm hoping the S18 will be great on rocky/rough trails. If so, I could still enjoy hours of riding in the mountains with that 1100wh battery. But, like my Z10, it wouldn't see much use during group rides.

7 hours ago, kelec_947 said:

Hi wheelers, for city cruise in complement of MSX, which wheel is good to have ? MCM5 vs Tesla v2 (i'm tall man1,91cm for 86kg). Moreover i love torque but my speed max to cruise os 40-43km/h Thanks :) 

Absolutely the Tesla. Compared the MSX it's very light, super agile, fast, and fun. The 16-inch tire will be much more comfortable for general riding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Absolutely the Tesla. Compared the MSX it's very light, super agile, fast, and fun. The 16-inch tire will be much more comfortable for general riding.

Hi Marty I'm surprised that MCM5 is not your choice ;) Have you reason of that ?

Edited by kelec_947
Add information
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. New rider here. I ordered Inmotion V8F but shipping is taking ages so my friend lent me MCM5 in the meantime. And maaaan i love this thing, its so powerful and nimble and I'm afraid the V8F will feel slow and boring in comparison when it finally arrives.  Although being a complete newbie on EUC what i mean by "powerful" is going max 30kmh, can the V8F do that or is it gonna beep and tilt already?

• Like 1

A V8F will comfortably cruise at 18 mph for the majority of its battery cycle. If that’s your target speed it’ll be a great light portable choice for you. 

any faster than that and you might be looking for an upgrade, and people will likely point you to a gotway Tesla or something even larger instead at that point. 

• Like 1