Monster 100v with 2500Wh Battery?

16 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/819824711409186?view=permalink&id=1572609339464049

Here is the link in Facebook to the sushi accident. It doesn't appear to be anything other than user error. I couldn't find any reference to a blown mosfet.

That was dated September 2017.  That must have been one of the prototypes that came out in August 2017.

Wow, I didn't realize they were 7 months old already, Gotway really taking a lot of time with it.

But now they are ready for sale, with the improved boards and mosfets, and better wiring connectors.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

More informatiom 

On 5/1/2018 at 6:49 PM, US69 said:

Aaah, and it was btw one of the newest 100V Monsters out there, the one with the new board etc etc...

Still eager to know what happend exactly....i would love to have a 100V Monster, too, but what gets me off actual is the crazy price! ?

Picture of the Damaged 100V

65 km/h! Apparently the wheel was a 1st generation prototype (1600w motor) that was released last year back in August. The rider was fully padded up and is currently okay I have been told.

received_2397353310290303.jpeg

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kasenutty said:

I just looked at ehweels, 2800 bucks. Whoa. 

Yeah, price for the 100V is in my view pretty crazy, as it has 40cells less than a 2400wh 84V version...but is about 300 buucks more expensive.

If it wouldnt have that crazy price, i would have allready ordered one....i really need some EUC sponsors ? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

More informatiom 

Picture of the Damaged 100V

65 km/h! Apparently the wheel was a 1st generation prototype (1600w motor) that was released last year back in August. The rider was fully padded up and is currently okay I have been told.

received_2397353310290303.jpeg

Yeah, good to know....he really bought this "old" version recently ? 

Nonetheless it shouldnt "burn" ....

36 minutes ago, US69 said:

When you follow his FB blog/wall you can see that he definitly received it new at around 18.April 2 weeks before directly from China.

My guess is he only calls it prototype as he still stinks they are not in production and he has (had) something "special"

Maybe, but as you said before, this guy is a known speed demon as can be seen from his previous uploads, he had been warned not to overdo it.  Anyways I am not here to defend Gotway. Currently I know someone who has had the wheel since February and hasn't experienced any problems. Also Tishawn Fahie hasn't experienced any issues as of yet, he is currently in San Francisco and has been riding up steep hills no problem.

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Maybe, but as you said before, this guy is a known speed demon as can be seen from his previous uploads, he had been warned not to overdo it.  Anyways I am not here to defend Gotway. Currently I know someone who has had the wheel since February and hasn't experienced any problems. Also Tishawn Fahie hasn't experienced any issues as of yet, he is currently in San Francisco and had been riding up steep hills no problem.

Haha, i allready deleted the post you quoted...

I have talked to Radek...it really was a old prototype, sorry, please, my mistake! He bought in Europe...

Good to know, there arent any issues....at least until now!!! I really , really hope the failures of GW boards are gone now, as i eagerly want a Msuper X or 100V Monster ? 

Edited by US69
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I’m vacillating between msuper x, monster 100v or staying patient for another month or two to see what happens next. Has there ever been a better illustration of the saying "when it rains it pours"? :eff034a94a:

The Monster rides better than any wheel. It is the most stable wheel at speed, period, quite agile also. 

Edited by Edddeus

Have you ridden the 100V?  Previously experienced the Msuper V3 84v and the Tesla. I am very impressed with the 100V. It is a totally different experience. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It also tends sideways when in neutral stance due to the uneven battery distribution, and it is a slog to maneuver due to the weight being off center-of-rotation. msX all the way! This guy is coming from a GT16.

The Monster might be overwhelming for some. I would not recommend it as an only wheel. It is abit of a beast. 

Edited by Edddeus

49 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

The Monster rides better than any wheel. It is the most stable wheel at speed, period, quite agile also. 

I was very tempted by the original Monster if it wasn't for the shim/axle issue.  Would love to know if they corrected it and more about why you feel it's different at 100V.   

• Upvote 2

I have never ridden 84v, so I can't compare. My one and only experience of the Monster is the 100V. I had never seen one before. The size isn't intimidating at all. It is very heavy though, 28kg.

I had previously heard that the 84v lacks torque and feels sluggish at low speed. My opinion? The 100V seemed sluggish at 1st. I had never seen one before in person. I found myself having to weave left and right to get a feel for it. After about 5 minutes and adjusting the firmware setting to hard, I find that It accelerates from low down quicker than the 84v M super V3 I previously owned, definitely not sluggish at all once you apply force on the front of the pedals. It has power and you can feel it increasing, no problem. You can reach great speeds from low down quickly with not much effort at all and the wheel feels planted, stable and very silent at speed. What I find with the 100V is that you will find your self experiencing headwind like you have never before seriously, I find it more agile than the Kingsong 18a I previously had. Like others have said the wheel makes 25 mph feel like nothing, it is that stable. Brakes very well. Cruise slowly and the wheel remains upright and stable gliding comfortably, if you are averaging between 7 mph and 10 mph , Nice!  I am yet to experience steep inclines on the wheel. The wheel temperature averaged 38c yet to exceed 40c.

I feel that this is a wheel for special occasions and not a commuter wheel like the Inmotion V8 I currently ride. If you want to experience Headwind the Monster will not dissapoint you.

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I was very tempted by the original Monster if it wasn't for the shim/axle issue.  Would love to know if they corrected it and more about why you feel it's different at 100V.   

Exactly.

I loved my 84V Monster, but I'm not buying another one until the shim wearing issue is solved.

No other wheel I've owned has forced me to undo the pedal axle bolts, and I'd like to keep it that way (sold my Monster with warped shims / pedal-play as-is... and I only really rode the damn thing, no real incidents).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

Maybe Gotway needs to redesign the whole axle / pedal support / shim / bolt assembly.  The system they are using might have worked well on Ninebot One's, but with these heavier and more powerful wheels they really need to upgrade these weak spots. 

Maybe if they had a seriously decent sized axle that could support 600 pounds (to take into account crash forces on the pedals, jumping off walls, etc) with maybe an external hex, square, or spline that is clamped or inserted tight to the pedals using similar metal alloys that would be the end of it.   Isn't there like a mechanical engineer they can consult?  There must be some simple way to make the axle join the pedals and act as if it were a solid, one piece assembly.  Maybe look at bicycle pedal cranks.  They don't tend to work loose or crack. Looks like they use a square shape and a bolt that secures them on.  I've also seen some with a cotter pin.

HTB1LUicJFXXXXc0XpXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

zwide-bicycle-crank-kit-assembled.jpg

Cotter-pin-crank.png

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Have you ridden the 100V?  Previously experienced the Msuper V3 84v and the Tesla. I am very impressed with the 100V. It is a totally different experience. 

Eddie can you expand on this in regards to how different it is from the tesla, after having a tesla I don't think I could ever go to a wheel that doesn't have the same sort of torque and smoothness, how is the 100v monster in regards to that?

The Tesla is slightly quicker in acceleration from Low down. The 100V only feels sluggish when you step onto it to get going at the start, wallowing when you try to manoeuvre at low speed as it wants to stay upright. It doesn't feel as light and nimble like the 16 inch Tesla. It is smooth but not as nimble. Once you get going, from say 5mph upwards it can reach very great speeds no problem and take bends at great speed. The Tesla starts to feel on the edge at speeds above  27mph due to the 16 inch wheel and you can hear the rotation of the wheel motor. The Monster is silent at those speeds, all your hear is strong headwind. You can easily find yourself going 25% faster on the Monster than you would on the Tesla in most road situations, even on bad surfaces you can bulldoze through, not with the Tesla. 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Edddeus said:

I have never ridden 84v, so I can't compare. My one and only experience of the Monster is the 100V. I had never seen one before. The size isn't intimidating at all. It is very heavy though, 28kg.

I had previously heard that the 84v lacks torque and feels sluggish at low speed. My opinion? The 100V seemed sluggish at 1st. I had never seen one before in person. I found myself having to weave left and right to get a feel for it. After about 5 minutes and adjusting the firmware setting to hard, I find that It accelerates from low down quicker than the 84v M super V3 I previously owned, definitely not sluggish at all once you apply force on the front of the pedals. It has power and you can feel it increasing, no problem. You can reach great speeds from low down quickly with not much effort at all and the wheel feels planted, stable and very silent at speed. What I find with the 100V is that you will find your self experiencing headwind like you have never before seriously, I find it more agile than the Kingsong 18a I previously had. Like others have said the wheel makes 25 mph feel like nothing, it is that stable. Brakes very well. Cruise slowly and the wheel remains upright and stable gliding comfortably, if you are averaging between 7 mph and 10 mph , Nice!  I am yet to experience steep inclines on the wheel. The wheel temperature averaged 38c yet to exceed 40c.

I feel that this is a wheel for special occasions and not a commuter wheel like the Inmotion V8 I currently ride. If you want to experience Headwind the Monster will not dissapoint you.

I have an 84V Monster and I am waiting for the 100V to be shipped my way.  I will try to put together a video describing the different riding feeling. 

" The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last " ?