THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Are you saying the Monster would have trouble handling this trail?

It would have handled it, but the Monster and MSuper require you to lean into the hill a lot more than the ACM (and it's slower too), so it's not a pleasant experience compared to the ACM.

1 minute ago, MaxLinux said:

Oh, maybe you just meant it is too heavy for the really rough section where you had to walk?

That too for sure :crying:

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Day 1 of learning how to ride backwards. A new post every day (unless I break my neck :o)

Hi, not bad at 3:30, 4:45 & 5:10 ! Way to go !!

It takes some time, I learned all the basics during the 2 first months of owning a EUC, from my experience it takes about the same amount of time to go backwards than to learn to ride forward. I also think it's easier on the Msuper3 because you're not used to the Ariwheel as much ^^

Good luck for your training !

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Day 1 of learning how to ride backwards. A new post every day (unless I break my neck :o)

Excellent progress on your 1st day! It takes time but one day everything will come together! I would not advise riding backwards on some of the mountainous terrain you have encountered in the past!  :wacko:

• Upvote 2

Before go backwards you need to look at yout back. Try it when you ride forward, when u try when go backwards looking where you go its comes much easier. In my experience that training comes with a lot of crashes, protect yourself, learn how to fall (judo and acrobatics lessons may do the job) and look for a large empty space, last of this can improve a lot you confidence

Btw you can see some videos like mine ? 

and this awesome guy ?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Pingouin said:

! Why couldn't you ? Yor wheel is an Inmotion V5f isn't it ? it's has shorter range but you can still have a great ride don't you think ?

I live surrounded of hills and mountains in a village called El Escorial in Spain (yours Antipodes ??)

No one flat track for riding more than 2 hours without recharge my 4 ah battery ?

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey Marty!

Looks like we have the same backriding skills.......None?! ;-)

As my girlfriend is now trying to learn driving Euc forward and we do slow runs and mounting together a lot, I meanwhile will try to Keep up with you!

I am waiting and waiting for the "click" that enables me to stear in the opposite direction as normal when i loose Balance, as this to my understanding is the only secret of driving backwards.

But until now...no "click" heard :-)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent progress on your 1st day! It takes time but one day everything will come together! I would not advise riding backwards on some of the mountainous terrain you have encountered in the past!  :wacko:

Very funny :D  I know that I've reached the pinnacle of EUC riding when I can ride the local mountains backwards B)

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Hey Marty!

Looks like we have the same backriding skills.......None?! ;-)

As my girlfriend is now trying to learn driving Euc forward and we do slow runs and mounting together a lot, I meanwhile will try to Keep up with you!

I am waiting and waiting for the "click" that enables me to stear in the opposite direction as normal when i loose Balance, as this to my understanding is the only secret of driving backwards.

But until now...no "click" heard :-)

:roflmao:  Great stuff @KingSong69

44 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Who was it that was riding backwards during the last ride a Griffith Park ?

Allen

That was @Ando Melkonyan  He inspired me to starting learning.  So if I break my neck it's his fault ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Demargon said:

Before go backwards you need to look at yout back. Try it when you ride forward, when u try when go backwards looking where you go its comes much easier. In my experience that training comes with a lot of crashes, protect yourself, learn how to fall (judo and acrobatics lessons may do the job) and look for a large empty space, last of this can improve a lot you confidence

Btw you can see some videos like mine ? 

and this awesome guy ?

Your video is great. As I watched you go up the stairs I was slightly disappointed because I thought you would be going down the stairs backwards. Then 5 seconds later you come back down the stair backwards :cheers:  This stuff makes me want to do this even more. Thanks for the tip about looking behind me - I'll start trying that today.

@Hirsute is the master.

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Wow...that was just some hours from Day1 to Day2?

Now you are 2 days ahead...i did not even start :-)

What can I say, I'll do anything to gain the competitive edge ;)

Just now, Marty Backe said:

What can I say, I'll do anything to gain the competitive edge ;)

Yeah, i see...but as i saw the second Video....your ears are as bad as mine :whistling:

Long way to go :-)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Radislav said:

We really see the progress, 1-2 days and you'll even do reverse circles.

Let me share a piece of experience in this matter. When I was learning to ride backwards, I've already had 2000 km behind my back. But still at first I thought that a crow would fly backwards much sooner than me :) 

Nevertheless, the things turned out way better. It took 3 hours of continuous practice to ride 20 meters backwards non-stop. (1) I felt better pushing out of the wall with a lot of open space on the sides. (2) Flat grass was better than a concrete asphalt. (3) Elbow protection + helmet + backpack for spine protection (I've had a fall on my back once during the training). (4) It was much easier to turn with the whole low body instead of leaning the wheel sideways. (5) Turning one way seemed to accomplish easier than to the other.

In 4 days I was riding backwards quite confidentially. You will do it too! All good things come to those who wait train :)

Thanks for these great tips. And I like the backpack idea. I think I'll probably start putting more protection on when I start practicing away from the cars. I think I have about 2000 km under by belt now too, so maybe that's the magic number when people start getting interesting in riding backwards?

Again, I appreciate the tips :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for these great tips. And I like the backpack idea. I think I'll probably start putting more protection on when I start practicing away from the cars. I think I have about 2000 km under by belt now too, so maybe that's the magic number when people start getting interesting in riding backwards?

Again, I appreciate the tips :thumbup:

Yes, I think after 2000 km the riding skills are asking for another leap. One legged riding, riding backwards and pendulum push the confidence up in the sky :)

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

? I believe in you! But just in case... can i have your wheel if you break your neck? ?

? Loool just kiddinnnn 

:roflmao:

For total protection, he is my hero. This should inspire all of us to up our game in the armor department

• Upvote 2

On 16.3.2017 at 10:22 PM, Pingouin said:

Hi guys !

Here is a video of my 55km ACM trip with my friend with his KS16B 680Wh, we started during the evening then the night was here, the video is on the way back, enjoy and please leave me a feedback !

Night riding is so nice. Cooler, less people, the lights, the darkness...

Also, where is that? And how much battery did each of you use for 55 km? Surprised a 16B can do that much!

• Upvote 1