New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

41 minutes ago, JerryR said:

I know I should keep my mouth shut, but I just can't.

ya, i totally agree with u.

i didn’t buy a used wheel, i would never, ever buy a used wheel, i won’t ride a used wheel and i don’t want a used wheel.

a wheel used by me going back and forth on my little florida road at 10mph takes a lot less abuse than say a wheel @Marty Backe has been torturing. what marty does suits me fine, but i ain’t loaning him a wheel.

u guys out west have a weird communal aspect leftover from the 60’s i think. 

we aren’t commies in florida. we’re crazy but our shit is our shit.

these wheels are way too dangerous, like motorcycles, to let someone else have it out of ur eyesight, some stranger, to hop back on it.

i could totally sabotage this wheel before sending it back to inmotion if i chose and inmotion would never know and the receiving customer would never know until it was too late.

they need to send me a new wheel and whoever got my wheel, send them a new one too.

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ya, i totally agree with u.

i didn’t buy a used wheel, i would never, ever buy a used wheel, i won’t ride a used wheel and i don’t want a used wheel.

a wheel used by me going back and forth on my little florida road at 10mph takes a lot less abuse than say a wheel @Marty Backe has been torturing. what marty does suits me fine, but i ain’t loaning him a wheel.

u guys out west have a weird communal aspect leftover from the 60’s i think. 

we aren’t commies in florida. we’re crazy but our shit is our shit.

these wheels are way too dangerous, like motorcycles, to let someone else have it out of ur eyesight, some stranger, to hop back on it.

i could totally sabotage this wheel before sending it back to inmotion if i chose and inmotion would never know and the receiving customer would never know until it was too late.

they need to send me a new wheel and whoever got my wheel, send them a new one too.

It might just be the case that got switched. 

4 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

It might just be the case that got switched. 

nope.

look above. the serial number is on the wheel under the handle and in the software. 

also, the pedal hangers have hit the ground.

and my wheel only had 50 miles or 50 km on it depending on who u talk to.

there’s other cosmetic things about this wheel but i’m gonna save that for later if needed.

Edited by novazeus

I’ve got 750 km on mine and only marks on it are from my shoes near the case and tire wear. I rode it yesterday till the battery indicator was red on the bottom bar and I had only 36 km on it and riding in city streets with no hills and maximum of 24 kmh speed. A little disappointed in the range when it was advertised to be up to 100 km range.  Must be my fat naked ass of 255 pounds. :( I’m riding at 43 pounds tire pressure too. 

1 minute ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I’ve got 750 km on mine and only marks on it are from my shoes near the case and tire wear. I rode it yesterday till the battery indicator was red on the bottom bar and I had only 36 km on it and riding in city streets with no hills and maximum of 24 kmh speed. A little disappointed in the range when it was advertised to be up to 100 km range.  Must be my fat naked ass of 255 pounds. :( I’m riding at 43 pounds tire pressure too. 

yes, @Rehab1 made me nice thick silicone pedal covers and inmotion sent me a cover and i've never ever  dropped this wheel. i haven't used it to walk Bob.

and yeah i'd say u were fat but u might be muscle, but that is a load on a wheel. i'm running 50 i think at a portly 200 pounds.

there's too many variables to these wheels.

how they are stored. did it get wet? how was it charged? what tire pressure and how fat was the rider? did the rim get damage? did it get wrecked?

nope, sorry, i ain't riding it.

scary enough riding a factory fresh wheel.

if ur young and stupid, go for it.

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

and since i’m an unpaid diagnostician here’s something interesting:

44616372862_3739dac3da_b.jpg

42855784720_619df90b64_b.jpg

these are simultaneous screenshots from the wheel in my possession now.

be interesting to see how long it takes for people to figure out what is amiss from these two screen shots.

14 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

that’s terrible mileage.

how cold is it up their near the north pole.

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It saddens me that you wouldn't loan me a wheel ;)

I do think your expectations are too high. That's not supposed to make you happy, but one can't deny reality. Money doesn't grow on trees and Inmotion is a small company. I can imagine the internal debate, "let's just return this guys money back and get him out of our hair". Sometimes it's best to cut-and-run, even if it's your (Inmotion) fault.

This is only a ~$1500 product. I doubt they have the margins to be giving out free wheels.

i don’t want a free wheel.

they are gonna get this other customers wheel back. i don’t want it. i don’t want the one i sent them now that somebody else has been riding it. 

this bad customer relations and not communicating with the customer is costing them waay more money than the little expense of replacing my wheel with a new one. 

i pleaded with inmotion yesterday to call me. this is a huge fuck up that warrants a phone call. and none of this would be public. still no phone call. wow!

if they don’t want to replace my wheel with a factory fresh one, afterall, mine was better than new when i reluctantly sent it to them and posted about it publicly here somewhere because i figured they’d screw something up, they can refund my money. i rather have a new wheel some dingbat in kalifornia hadn’t been climbing mountains with. not u, other dingbats.

they can get back my wheel from whoever they sent it to and make it a demo or sell it discounted, it’s not a big deal or even a money loser. i’m not in a big hurry, whenever the new shipment comes in.

i’d loan u a wheel to use on my road, not where u live. 

Edited by novazeus

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

be interesting to see how long it takes for people to figure out what is amiss from these two screen shots.

ok, maybe this has been discussed before, but notice the top screen says “main board 91f” and the lower screen says “motherboard temperature 109f”.

i would think “main board” and “mother board” were the same. these temps are from the wheel powered on sitting in the old un air conditioned honestead so 91f is about that rooms temperature. 

that’s an 18 degree difference for those in kalifornia. that could be the reason for the overload temp thing y’all are experiencing.

i keep telling these people to call me.

InMotion is actually based in China, and we are the US team. Bob works out of the China office at the moment, so he is also on a different time zone. We can let him know you'd like to talk, but it's possible it would be very difficult due to his schedule.

I totally understand your position not knowing what really happened with your wheel. Its definitely unsettling when someone else has had possession of your property without knowing what has happened. Whether car or bike, or unicycle, that is something everyone here understands.

We cannot replace your wheel with a brand new one, but we can replace a number of internal or external parts if you have concerns about the potential wear or damage from another rider. Unfortunately a brand new factory sealed wheel will NOT have the weather seal fix. Currently new wheels from the factory need upgrading from our US team to achieve proper weather-sealing. We recently brought on an Electrical Engineer onto our team to oversee another project and are going to leverage his expertise (especially in your case) to make sure your wheel is in perfect working order. We are open to replacing any parts of concern for you on your existing wheel. 

Which parts are causing you the most concern?

Robert
Customer Service, Technician
contact@myinmotion.com

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2:

Re-reading this thread, would you want to call you? :whistling:

I do hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction. Maybe continue the battle in private though?

i’d love to. this is inmotion’s employees making decisions descision.

yeah, have u ever talked to me on the phone. i’m delightful. that’s how i was able to build million dollar homes for rich pricks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, novazeus said:

that’s terrible mileage.

how cold is it up their near the north pole.

LOL. It’s been pretty warm here this summer. Our igloos took a beating this year. Going to need some deep freeze soon to replenish the ice. 

JK. I’m only 40 miles north of Detroit!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

LOL. It’s been pretty warm here this summer. Our igloos took a beating this year. Going to need some deep freeze soon to replenish the ice. 

JK. I’m only 40 miles north of Detroit!

my geography knowledge sucks and i’m glad i didn’t waste too much time studying in school on it. kinda like my nice slide rule.

ha! i’ve been south of those lakes in illinois in 2000 at new years. i thought my ears were gonna just freeze solid and break off. i literally could not jump out of my rental in the middle of a corn field and take more than one picture at a time of my sites.

50 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i keep telling these people to call me.

InMotion is actually based in China, and we are the US team. Bob works out of the China office at the moment, so he is also on a different time zone. We can let him know you'd like to talk, but it's possible it would be very difficult due to his schedule.

I totally understand your position not knowing what really happened with your wheel. Its definitely unsettling when someone else has had possession of your property without knowing what has happened. Whether car or bike, or unicycle, that is something everyone here understands.

We cannot replace your wheel with a brand new one, but we can replace a number of internal or external parts if you have concerns about the potential wear or damage from another rider. Unfortunately a brand new factory sealed wheel will NOT have the weather seal fix. Currently new wheels from the factory need upgrading from our US team to achieve proper weather-sealing. We recently brought on an Electrical Engineer onto our team to oversee another project and are going to leverage his expertise (especially in your case) to make sure your wheel is in perfect working order. We are open to replacing any parts of concern for you on your existing wheel. 

Which parts are causing you the most concern?

Robert
Customer Service, Technician
contact@myinmotion.com

u know, if this tech, robert, is telling the truth, this is disturbingly stupid.

they’re building new wheels in the factory the old way and when they get to the distributors they have to crack them open to repair them. this level of ridiculousness really bothers me. riding a wheel that this company is building bothers me if they are truly this stupid. u don’t build shit twice. once wrong and then rebuild it later. 

sounds like bs to me. i hope for their sake and the safety of their customers this isn’t true. 

I got my wheel back yesterday, took it out of the box today. From the day they received the FedEx pkg 9/4 it took them 5 business day to ship it out again 9/11, not bad. The ONLY communication I got from InMotion was the UPS Quantum delivery tracking notification. No thank you card in my box!

I haven't had a chance to test it yet because it was received with NO PADS ATTACHED. The sticky film from the original pads probably should be removed to ensure maximum adhesion from the new enclosed pads. I need to find a scraper and some adhesive remover. I can look at this TWO ways: GLASS HALF EMPTY - "WTF, at least put the pads back on so I can ride it right out of the box like it should be," or GLASS HALF FULL - "after I scrape the sticky crap off this wheel, I'm going to put velcro adhesive on my BRAND NEW pads in so I can easily take apart this wheel in the future if need be.  

20180913_164050.jpg

20180913_163729.jpg

19 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I got my wheel back yesterday, took it out of the box today. From the day they received the FedEx pkg 9/4 it took them 5 business day to ship it out again 9/11, not bad. The ONLY communication I got from InMotion was the UPS Quantum delivery tracking notification. No thank you card in my box!

I haven't had a chance to test it yet because it was received with NO PADS ATTACHED. The sticky film from the original pads probably should be removed to ensure maximum adhesion from the new enclosed pads. I need to find a scraper and some adhesive remover. I can look at this TWO ways: GLASS HALF EMPTY - "WTF, at least put the pads back on so I can ride it right out of the box like it should be," or GLASS HALF FULL - "after I scrape the sticky crap off this wheel, I'm going to put velcro adhesive on my BRAND NEW pads in so I can easily take apart this wheel in the future if need be.  

20180913_164050.jpg

20180913_163729.jpg

but is it ur wheel?

stuff like this on what we know is a dangerous device to begin with, really makes me nervous. this lack of attention to detail might be the same inside the wheel where i can’t see.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

LOL well, I guess I should take the 'glass half full' approach to my own sticky situation and think. Y'all are the guinea pigs for my wheel that they just received from the factory, since clearly they're prioritizing fixing current owners' wheels over recent purchasers. I won't have a V10F until Thanksgiving! :blink:

Another silver lining is, maybe I won't accidentally have my wheel swapped out for another person's used wheel. :popcorn:

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glitched said:

LOL well, I guess I should take the 'glass half full' approach to my own sticky situation and think. Y'all are the guinea pigs for my wheel that they just received from the factory, since clearly they're prioritizing fixing current owners' wheels over recent purchasers. I won't have a V10F until Thanksgiving! :blink:

oink, that’s crazy.

maybe they’ve been trumpified and moving to the states to avoid tariffs.

maybe if it rains all day here tmrw i’ll take apart this other guys wheel and see what their workmanship looks like.

that could be what the guy that has mine is doing. or trying to do new tricks and jumps since he figures it’s not his wheel. 

On 8/16/2018 at 10:07 PM, novazeus said:

well, get to it, i’m not crazy about it, but i’ll box up my wheel and send it back. i hate sending anything back to the dealers, cars, guns, trucks, tractors etc. i’m a very careful wrench, but i don’t have time for this. same reason i cancelled my 18l order. if my 18l locked up, i wouldn’t have disassembled it to disconnect the batteries. not my problem.

my wheel looks brand new and has very few miles on it and i want it back the same way or better. while it’s at inmotion maybe they can put the most correct software/firmware on it. 

as far as i’m concerned, my wheel is just fine the way it is, but unfortunately, i can’t ignore this recall.

as long as i get it back before october when it starts cooling a bit here, i’ll be fine. 

inmotion would be wise to give customers a freebie like a cover in a gesture of goodwill for people having to deal with this. i’m sure wholesale on a cover is less than ten bucks.

well gee, that was a month ago, so maybe i should change my forum name to nostradamas.

and i shipped it out of here the day i got the label august 21st.

1 hour ago, Glitched said:

Another silver lining is, maybe I won't accidentally have my wheel swapped out for another person's used wheel. :popcorn:

you must really want this wheel.

i was just reviewing the instructions on the diy fix. 

after the fix, there’s no way to open the wheel up without destroying their fix. 

everytime u crack it open, the seam at the bottom has to be cleaned of old silicone, i would imagine, and then resealed. that silicone texture between the tire and the housing won’t last and will be a dirt magnet. i love silicone. i’ve used gallons of it but it ain’t gonna stick to smooth plastic casing without roughing the surface with some 60 grit sandpaper.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Meq5YVzhvslDQN_gCdZrMDad8O3SmcQLuhHWuxf89q4/mobilebasic

Edited by novazeus