New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

btw if i were u, from a legal liability standpoint, with a known issue of waterproofing and the resultant fire, i’d never attempt the repair they are instructing u to do. if something bad happens, who’s gonna be liable, u or inmotion.

kinda a big deal.

Technically, the wheel is my responsibility because it hasn’t been approved in Canada. I’ve only rode it once on wet road after they washed it from construction. I’m an electrical engineer so I know what I’m doing. 

5 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Technically, the wheel is my responsibility because it hasn’t been approved in Canada. I’ve only rode it once on wet road after they washed it from construction. I’m an electrical engineer so I know what I’m doing. 

interesting. i mean i’m not an attorney, and u just said ur an electrical engineer, do u think if ur house burn down because of the wheel it would be ur fault for owning it?

if anybody is an attorney, i’d love to hear ur opinion. 

i didn’t know they were teaching water proofing to electrical engineers these days.  water leaks can be a bitch.

please take lots of pictures and share please. 

1 minute ago, Marcglider said:

I come on this Forum to get information to help me in decisions regarding this Hobby... While I think quite a bit of the posts here have merit and need addressing, it SUCKS they are going in a direction that is so negative.... If I could put up a Firewall to separate the negative and positive I would... If there needs to be a public airing of issues to get a result that satisfies  those individuals, can they please be segregated from the HAPPY, FUNLOVING, wheelers that are enjoying this hobby... 

Come on now, you want to live in a sanitised world that doesn't exist friend.  Although this problem has got to the point of meriting its own thread IMO, public airing is exactly what it needs to get the issue resolved, as novazeus has mentioned numerous times he has tried to resolve this privately, and is unable to even get a return phone call..  This is exactly the type of info i want to hear about when deciding what wheel or who to deal with.  Im not interested in only the fun loving positive answers from yes men and i think your unrealistic in expecting that on an internet forum to begin with.  Perhaps fun loving is the Photo or Video threads, but when im looking for info about the V10 then i will be reading the threads about that wheel expecting honest information, not just sanitised niceties.

I hope this doesn't come across too negative (not being sarcastic), but i think its an important aspect of the forum for people looking for information to be able to discuss negative aspects also.

Cheers, from a now working
Alex.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I come on this Forum to get information to help me in decisions regarding this Hobby... While I think quite a bit of the posts here have merit and need addressing, it SUCKS they are going in a direction that is so negative.... If I could put up a Firewall to separate the negative and positive I would... If there needs to be a public airing of issues to get a result that satisfies  those individuals, can they please be segregated from the HAPPY, FUNLOVING, wheelers that are enjoying this hobby... 

I’m happy (mostly) with this wheel but there are serious issues that have not been resolved, particularly the overloading/overheating problem that can’t be resolved with firmware. The hardware board inside seems to be V8 which was just lazy for INMOTION to put into this wheel without redesign for the motor power / heat dissipation of the transistors powering the motor. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I’m happy (mostly) with this wheel but there are serious issues that have not been resolved, particularly the overloading/overheating problem that can’t be resolved with firmware. The hardware board inside seems to be V8 which was just lazy for INMOTION to put into this wheel without redesign for the motor power / heat dissipation of the transistors powering the motor. 

ok, since u volunteered that ur an electrical engineer and may have some thoughts since i’ve asked inmotion directly but it’s like i’m speaking kaixana and they just ignore the question. did u see the two screenshots. same time same wheel two different temp readings. one says mainboard  temp the other motherboard temp.

aren’t those the same things?

42855784720_619df90b64_b.jpg

44616372862_3739dac3da_b.jpg

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

interesting. i mean i’m not an attorney, and u just said ur an electrical engineer, do u think if ur house burn down because of the wheel it would be ur fault for owning it?

if anybody is an attorney, i’d love to hear ur opinion. 

i didn’t know they were teaching water proofing to electrical engineers these days.  water leaks can be a bitch.

please take lots of pictures and share please. 

I specialize in radio systems and weatherproofing rf connections to antennas is important and I’ve done lots of them. After the battery gets put in the case, I’m wrapping it twice with 2” wide electrical tape with lots of overlap. If there were more room , I’d also have mastic or vulcanizing rubber wrap first and then a wrap of tape. 

• Like 1

Just now, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I specialize in radio systems and weatherproofing rf connections to antennas is important and I’ve done lots of them. After the battery gets put in the case, I’m wrapping it twice with 2” wide electrical tape with lots of overlap. If there were more room , I’d also have mastic or vulcanizing rubber wrap first and then a wrap of tape. 

did u see the ecodrift thing i posted today?

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You should know that the Moderators have been asked 

what?

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ok, since u volunteered that ur an electrical engineer and may have some thoughts since i’ve asked inmotion directly but it’s like i’m speaking kaixana and they just ignore the question. did u see the two screenshots. same time same wheel two different temp readings. one says mainboard  temp the other motherboard temp.

aren’t those the same things

Yes I saw that. Those are app and firmware bugs that need to be fixed.  They are not related to that particular wheel. People with same firmware versions and app versions should be seeing similar problems just like the speed. 

Edited by Harold Farrenkopf

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

How many posts I've written or whether you watch any of my videos has zero to do with my comment.

I'm not suggesting that you be banned, that you be prevented from writing whatever you want, or whatever. And I'm not complaining about your posts, I'm complaining about where you are writing them. My suggestion was to create another so those that want to follow your drama can, but those that don't and are still interested in the V10 can read this thread in peace.

You should know that the Moderators have been asked 

i started another topic specifically about the recall.

u can now go there and comment on my posts in that topic if u desire.

2 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Yes I saw that. Those are app and firmware bugs that need to be fixed. 

the part about the waterproofing? i gotta go back and read it but it sounded like there were gonna dip the battery if they had their druthers.

that’s a ragged out wheel btw.

5 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Yes I saw that. Those are app and firmware bugs that need to be fixed.  They are not related to that particular wheel. People with same firmware versions and app versions should be seeing similar problems just like the speed. 

sorry, yes maybe but the lower temperature is the most correct temperature. if the wheel is going by the erroneous upper temp 18 degrees higher, wouldn’t that be the cause of the wheel shutting down?

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

sorry, yes maybe but the lower temperature is the most correct temperature. if the wheel is going by the erroneous upper temp 18 degrees higher, wouldn’t that be the cause of the wheel shutting down?

I think the wheelog app is the only one that shows the temperature of the overload condition of the transistors. 

30 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I hope this doesn't come across too negative (not being sarcastic), but i think its an important aspect of the forum for people looking for information to be able to discuss negative aspects also.

exactly, I agree,and feel and agree with the people on that side of what is going on... so separating it from the fun loving hippies like me should not be a problem for you I would think...???? having a separate area for your "negative aspects" is a little too much to ask for??? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

exactly, I agree,and feel and agree with the people on that side of what is going on... so separating it from the fun loving hippies like me should not be a problem for you I would think...???? having a separate area for your "negative aspects" is a little too much to ask for??? 

How about a separate section for you special flower types?  Come on now mate, be realistic.  In your scenario who determines a happy thread from a unhappy one?  And what, are only happy posts allowed in the happy review threads, and only negative in the negative section?  How impractical is that! lol.  Perhaps if you are reading something that is upsetting you you should simply stop reading instead of making yourself unhappy?

As i said, if you want only happy posts there are plenty of threads on here, like the Photo or Video thread you can go read.  If you want a positive only thread on the V10 then you should create one and  name it such.  In any case, this is far beyond the topic at hand now im bowing out of further discussion unless it relates to the wheel itself.

Peace out hombres!
Alex

32 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I think the wheelog app is the only one that shows the temperature of the overload condition of the transistors. 

no all these californians who use wheels for climbing mountains were having overheat problems and the wheel was kicking them off. personally i don’t give a shit because that’s not gonna happen down here, i just happen to notice the difference while screwing with inmotion’s app on this stranger’s wheel and i thought i’d pass it on. inmotion hasn’t commented on this discrepancy yet.

48 minutes ago, novazeus said:

did u see the ecodrift thing i posted today?

Ok, I just saw it. It was a translation link post. It said something strange.

“A good way out is to remove the standard heat shrinkage and pour heat-conducting compound, so that the battery has a protection of 100%.”

heat conducting compound ???

8 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Ok, I just saw it. It was a translation link post. It said something strange.

“A good way out is to remove the standard heat shrinkage and pour heat-conducting compound, so that the battery has a protection of 100%.”

heat conducting compound ???

yeah, since that kinda stuff is ur gig i thought u might know.

ecodrift seems to have their shit together from what i’ve seen.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not suggesting that you be banned, that you be prevented from writing whatever you want, or whatever. And I'm not complaining about your posts, I'm complaining about where you are writing them. My suggestion was to create another so those that want to follow your drama can, but those that don't and are still interested in the V10 can read this thread in peace.

Will you please initiate an @novazeus thread - please. You are moderator!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Will you please initiate an @novazeus thread - please. You are moderator!

I believe he already did. So sheeesh - don't wake him :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2018 at 5:18 PM, Nils said:

So, after having some more time to ride my V10F, I am now an unhappy member of the overload club. I've gotten it three times to date, always when riding some climbs and pushing into the wheel. The overload issue is of course by now well known, so regard it as yet another data point I guess. In my case I'd have to say though that the conditions haven't been at all extreme, neither with the inclines nor the temperature. Today for instance the temperature here have been at or below 20C (68F), and the inclines of the steeper but shorter kinds. I.e. no gruelling long climbs in hot temperatures but conditions which I believe most riders could face.

Apparently @Icewheel managed to catch one of the overloads on that day on video, so you can watch the clip to get an idea of the conditions and terrain involved (spoiler: nothing that should present any challenge at all in my view). The overload happens at the end of the clip, where you'll see me fumbling with the wheel after stepping off after the overload.