New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

i see what they did with the silicone and i haven’t done it but i bet i could peel it off with the friction of the pad of my thumb.

it will stick for a little while but condesation above and water underneath will have it peeling off in no time. it would stick better if the surfaces were roughen up to give the silicone something to grip to. shiny surfaces shed silicone easily. we all know that.

i own some boats and i know this for fact.

43950838064_a3f8ffa7b3_b.jpg

Edited by novazeus

Thats pretty crap, i wouldn't accept my car back if Toyota gave it to someone else and couldn't guarantee what happened to it while out of their possession.  Same with my helmet or lifevest.  I put my life on the line with those things.  Risk is too great IMHO.

Money back or replacement at this stage should be the only options left on the table.

Kia Kaha @novazeus

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Thats pretty crap, i wouldn't accept my car back if Toyota gave it to someone else and couldn't guarantee what happened to it while out of their possession.  Same with my helmet or lifevest.  I put my life on the line with those things.  Risk is too great IMHO.

Money back or replacement at this stage should be the only options left on the table.

Kia Kaha @novazeus

a car, not so bad. a motorcycle or a wheel, no way. i’d never rent a motorcycle or a wheel knowing  what i’ve learned on this forum in a little over a year. the inherently dangerous nature of these wheels have made me a goldstar forum member when in all the other forums i’ve joined, not so much. this forum could literally save your life and ur family. 

suppose u were in bfe and didn’t know a v10f burst into flames and it burned down ur house with ur wife and kids, dogs and cats all inside. i mean the cats are nbd. Bob made me say that.

i had to look that kia kaha up. thanks i’ll use that. marty just says i’m stubborn. 

i understand completely the carrot and stick approach. when ur main gig in life that u excelled at and were recognized nationally was building high end custom on your lot homes, u do that a lot. i know how to manage subcontractors. nice guys build shitty homes. period. i don’t want somebody building something for me wearing rose colored glasses.jeffrey acts like it’s so complicated what they are doing, i’d have a house with 150 contract itemizations that i had to write up and price and the designer draw and then follow up with a hundred and eighty change orders i had to estimate and price and write up after the plans were drawn. that’s one house and i’d have 30 or 40 under construction always.

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i mean the cats are nbd. Bob made me say that.

I agree wholeheartedly with Bob.  

Car, perhaps, depending on it.. OK, my Hilux will take any abuse so perhaps that was not a good example, if i was rich however and owned a sportscar.. perhaps not then.  A wheel, lifevest, raft, my boat... definitely not.

Kia Kaha can have different meanings depending on the context, either Stay Strong or Be a Warrior.  We were a warrior race not long ago down here...  Even have a famous romantic documentary film that alludes to it called Once were Warriors..

I digress, and i too understand complexities managing 150+ staff schedules (people are the worst).  And yeah a bit of flexibility is fine, but when your a company doing business and you obviously f it up with a customer you need to do what is right to satisfy said customer, or simply provide a refund.  Down here thats also the law.  You would fit in well in NZ, minus the legal weed situation..

• Like 1

u know, with film being so cheap, and everybody has a camera and it’s so easy to share these days, if i was doing this recall, it would be one tech at a time and taking pictures at each stage of completion. a digital photo album of ur repair. u aren’t gonna be able to inspect their work any other way. splitting the case defeats their case seam seal. i for one would like to see each connector up close clearly connected well.

it would take only moments to make these photo albums of the individual repair and they could prove to be invaluble to inmotion and the customer now and in the future. 

i wonder what kind of legal liability inmotion has or liability insurance. probably need to look into that.

if u don’t learn from ur mistakes ur bound to repeat them, or something like that.

11 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

sportscar

oh yeah i forgot. i bought a 2012 red brand new zo6 corvette. it had to be flat decked back to the dealer at 425 miles on the odometer when it broke down when i was otw to dinner with this hot date. never made it to her house.

ya, i woulda had a fit if that car had been loaned out for a week, ur right any  car. eeww! 

i could see me telling a customer that closed on their house a week ago i’m sorry i put this other customers dishwasher in ur house so i have to switch them with the other family. that would takes some serious balls and total lack of brains, and a good lawyer.

weed is illegal in new zealand? i don’t do good in cold weather, is any of new zealand tropical? 

hey, watch what u say, i may be moving. Bob and i have got a lunch with a prospect tuesday at chuey’s and i’ll be looking at plans and probably some kind of commitment for 50 acres for $20mil. i’ll still have 275 acres to sell but that $20 mil will free me up a bit. just this one little real estate transaction will be the biggest deal i’ve ever put together in my life even working for big national builders. except this time the cash cones to me. only gonna have to write a check to the irs for $4.76mil so i get to keep the rest.

yeah i think i’d love new zealand, it is amazingly beautiful. i’ve got an 80” tv at the foot of my bed and i was watching this documentary on new zealand and it mighta  been better than being there in person. new zealand looks rural and i like that.

Bob would never want to leave new zealand. liable to be grumpy and bite me more if i brought him back here.

5 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I rode it yesterday till the battery indicator was red on the bottom bar and I had only 36 km on it and riding in city streets with no hills and maximum of 24 kmh speed. A little disappointed in the range when it was advertised to be up to 100 km range.  Must be my fat naked ass of 255 pounds. :( I’m riding at 43 pounds tire pressure too. 

Yes - that is exactly what I'm complaining since months. You can't be sure, whether you'll be able to ride 40 km or 50 km - on exactly same conditions. 

Despite the fact, that IM is saying, we get 960Wh battery. But the truth is, we can only use 90% max. That really annoys me

15 minutes ago, novazeus said:

oh yeah i forgot. i bought a 2012 red brand new zo6 corvette. it had to be flat decked back to the dealer at 425 miles on the odometer when it broke down when i was otw to dinner with this hot date. never made it to her house.

ya, i woulda had a fit if that car had been loaned out for a week, ur right any  car. eeww! 

i could see me telling a customer that closed on their house a week ago i’m sorry i put this other customers dishwasher in ur house so i have to switch them with the other family. that would takes some serious balls and total lack of brains, and a good lawyer.

weed is illegal in new zealand? i don’t do good in cold weather, is any of new zealand tropical? 

hey, watch what u say, i may be moving. Bob and i have got a lunch with a prospect tuesday at chuey’s and i’ll be looking at plans and probably some kind of commitment for 50 acres for $20mil. i’ll still have 275 acres to sell but that $20 mil will free me up a bit. just this one little real estate transaction will be the biggest deal i’ve ever put together in my life even working for big national builders. except this time the cash cones to me. only gonna have to write a check to the irs for $4.76mil so i get to keep the rest.

yeah i think i’d love new zealand, it is amazingly beautiful. i’ve got an 80” tv at the foot of my bed and i was watching this documentary on new zealand and it mighta  been better than being there in person. new zealand looks rural and i like that.

Bob would never want to leave new zealand. liable to be grumpy and bite me more if i brought him back here.

Yeah still illegal, our govt have said they will change that but since when did governments do what they say?

Up North is warmish, not really tropical per-se but the fishing and outdoors are top notch.

Bob is always welcome down here, if you ever make it hit me up, i might even have a wheel by then if the wife gives her blessing you can ride around on.  Be nice with it though, i might not want it back otherwise ;) 

The night skies here are amazing at the moment, im not sure if we are going through a concentrated zone of shit in the sky at the moment but last night i counted 5 shooting stars in the few mins my smoke lasted.  Next one will get a wish directed towards IM on your behalf :P 

Bob could be friends with Kora.. she loves the fellas (blimmin sheepdog).

20 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Bob could be friends with Kora.. she loves the fellas (blimmin sheepdog).

Bob is the sweetest dog u have ever seen. i could put him in with ten cats or ten little taco dogs and he’d be thrilled.

i’m pretty sure Bob is gonna turn out to be an amazing service dog for me and if he outlives me maybe for some veteran. that’s the plan. so if it all comes together, by that time Bob will be able to fly with me. i’d buy him a seat next to me in first class but these airlines are funky about 150 pound service dogs, i bet.

i was thinking about buying a farm there. bring my named herd animals and donkeys and horse. like a summer place in the mountains for me and Bob. i’ll get my wheels from fat unicyclist, if he’s not scared of me.

after tuesday i may have to seriously looking at what i’m gonna do. 

too bad about weed. it’s not legal here either. schedule one drug. same as heroin, lsd, peyote, methaqualone(ludes), and ectasy. no medicinal use for cannabis (except it kills cancer). 

my prognosis would not allow me to wait for the politicians and eggheads i prefer illegally alive as opposed to legally dead. i’d really prefer legally alive and don’t arrest me for saving my life and lives of others using a flower from one of God’s plants.

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

Ya, so.... mine does the same thing. You need to hold it down to turn it on. Just a short touch to turn it off. Long hold while on to turn the lights on or off. But then, mine was the next unit after that one according to the serial number you got now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Ya, so.... mine does the same thing. You need to hold it down to turn it on. Just a short touch to turn it off. Long hold while on to turn the lights on or off. But then, mine was the next unit after that one according to the serial number you got now.

mine too.. I have put that in my thread as one of the downsides : 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, novazeus said:

and yeah i'd say u were fat but u might be muscle, but that is a load on a wheel. i'm running 50 i think at a portly 200 pounds.

I tried the tire with more air pressure and it was too loose to steer. Maybe that was before becoming experienced with it. I will try it harder later. Yes, lots of muscle but lots of fat too.... I could only get down to 210 in the past so the rest must be muscles and bones.....  These wheels don't give me much exercise commuting to work here. 5.5km trip each way. I can do 3 days commuting before refueling.... PS, I'm 6'3" tall and with my frame, my ideal weight is around 200 pounds .... Ya right.....  That's why the 260 pound rating on this wheel and other specs sold me on it after I couldn't wait any longer for the Z10. I needed a faster better wheel for the summer because the C+ just wasn't fast enough anymore....

As for the silicone over the crack, I'm going to use silicone between the crack and wipe it smooth after joining the wheel together so that the silicone is only in the crack. I'm going to seal the battery case extra well and 2 wraps of 2" wide electrical tape to ensure it can swim in water..... I'm just considering putting a drain hole in (maybe) in the wheel housing if I think water could get in there some how.

I took apart and old Sony VIO laptop computer and I have the fan with the heatsink and heat pipes on it. I am going to look to see how something can be incorporated into the device to cool those FETs.  The real solution is a much larger heat sink design. I'll see things when I open it up. 

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I do think your expectations are too high. That's not supposed to make you happy, but one can't deny reality. Money doesn't grow on trees and Inmotion is a small company. I can imagine the internal debate, "let's just return this guys money back and get him out of our hair". Sometimes it's best to cut-and-run, even if it's your (Inmotion) fault.

This is only a ~$1500 product. I doubt they have the margins to be giving out free wheels.

Thanks for that! Couldn't have said it better…….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Despite the fact, that IM is saying, we get 960Wh battery. But the truth is, we can only use 90% max. That really annoys me

Thats btw the same with every EUC.....Maybe even worse, as on acceleration you get up to 20% battery sag/voltage drop. So no good idea to drive any EUC under 15-20%.....

1 minute ago, US69 said:

Thats btw the same with every EUC.....Maybe even worse, as on acceleration you get up to 20% battery sag/voltage drop. So no good idea to drive any EUC under 15-20%.....

I'm  driving my V5F quite often down to 3% - sometimes I have to walk, because of no battery left.

I paid for 280Wh - and I can use them. That's the way it should work!

I mentioned it already, that I wouldn't bother, if speed would be reduced to 15 km/h - better than walking :)

2 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I tried the tire with more air pressure and it was too loose to steer.

I previously mentioned 40psi felt too "dead" and made the sidewalls flex too much. My plan was to bump the psi to 45 or 50 and see how that felt. Imagine my surprise when I attach the pump and see only 25psi in the tire. I'm kinda surprised it would go down that much after three weeks. Maybe I didn't tighten down the schrader valve enough after putting slime in and it's slowly leaking from there. Pump it back up to 40psi and (as a new rider) I can barely balance myself on the wheel, it's so sensitive compared to before. But the sidewalls definitely feel stiffer and I think it's where I want it to be. Now I just have to learn how to ride at this pressure... 

10 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

I'm  driving my V5F quite often down to 3% - sometimes I have to walk, because of no battery left.

I paid for 280Wh - and I can use them. That's the way it should work!

I mentioned it already, that I wouldn't bother, if speed would be reduced to 15 km/h - better than walking :)

Maybe the Firmware Adjustment of the V10F is a bit to conservative, yes.

Nonetheless i -personaly!- wouldnt advise to ride any Wheel under at least 10%.

Every Wheel has this up to 20% voltage drop, and so if you accelerate to hard on a lets say 5% battery in the worst case the BMS even triggers a battery safety shutdown.

But even if not...having the battery droping under  a certain voltage isn't that good for a battery.

Just saying...my 2 cents

• Like 1

5 hours ago, US69 said:

Thanks for that! Couldn't have said it better…….

just curious, how does ur and marty’s logic equate that to “giving out free wheels”.

nobody is asking inmotion to give out free wheels. 

i only paid $1440 for the wheel. it only had realistically 40 miles, maybe, on it when i sent it in and looked better than new. are u saying it’s such an inferior product that inmotion couldn’t sell my wheel my $1440 and refund my money? they could transfer the warranty to the buyer and guarantee the wheel etc etc. which i can not. 

it was inmotions mistake. mistakes happen but whoever makes the mistakes are still liable for the monetary damages, doesn’t mean they are going to hell.

at least that’s the way it is in america. 

if the wheel is returned to me i’m not gonna ride it, so it would be a $1440 loss for me unless i could bother with the hassle of selling it and recouping my funds.

Edited by novazeus

41 minutes ago, novazeus said:

just curious, how does ur and marty’s logic equate that to “giving out free wheels”.

nobody is asking inmotion to give out free wheels. 

i only paid $1440 for the wheel. it only had realistically 40 miles, maybe, on it when i sent it in and looked better than new. are u saying it’s such an inferior product that inmotion couldn’t sell my wheel my $1440 and refund my money? they could transfer the warranty to the buyer and guarantee the wheel etc etc. which i can not. 

it was inmotions mistake. mistakes happen but whoever makes the mistakes are still liable for the monetary damages, doesn’t mean they are going to hell.

at least that’s the way it is in america. 

if the wheel is returned to me i’m not gonna ride it, so it would be a $1440 loss for me unless i could bother with the hassle of selling it and recouping my funds.

I wouldn't buy a used "God knows what it's been through" wheel for $1400.

But yeah, they would be able to recoup some of their money, assuming that they have a mechanism for selling used wheels.